If the republican primary were today, who would you vote for?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • If the republican primary were today, who gets your vote?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Taken in context, I believe that the point is that when someone sends sums of money large enough to influence your ability to stage a viable campaign, or not be able to do so if the money is withheld, like a grand total of 3 donors providing the $750K that Eric Bassler used to steamroll John Waterman in the last state senate primary, can be said to own the candidate they bought. This is an entirely different phenomenon than people chipping in $5 and feeling like they are part of the team.

:+1:

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    The context I intended was that what made Trump's candidacy masterfully perfect was the part about him being self-made, financing his own campaign, too rich to be influenced by big money. Then he says, we'll, okay, ya, I'm rich, but I'll start taking donations--but only from poor people. If the consequences weren't so serious, I'd be laughing my ass off. And the Trumpites just excuse it away, "well, at least he's not taking big money." WTF?

As much as I want to laugh, I just hate seeing poor people bilked out of their hard earned dollars by a rich phony. Not that he's as rich as he claims. He's worth only ~1/10 of that. Which is still a lot by most people's standards. But he needs the illusion of that kind of wealth to pull off the con.

You would deny the unwashed masses their warm and fuzzies huh? Cold !

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Immigration is THE issue. Trump may well win on that sole issue. Voters believe he will actually do what he says.

People don't have to be of great intellect to understand that if illegal immigration is not fixed we will be outnumbered by the entitlement crowd. With that comes adoption of ALL of their liberal beliefs.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It is most likely also the reason why Ike never had an actual combat command in his career.

Anyway, on to what I was originally going to post:

I believe that this may give Fiorina a bit of difficulty with some of the voters to whom she wishes to appeal.

Carly Fiorina Fails to Disavow Her Praise of Islam in Post 9/11 Speech, Pushes Conservatives Away | Restoring Liberty

Just commenting on this now because I'm going to retract my earlier support of Florina. My first choice is still Paul. I don't really have a second choice now. Well see how things shape up.

The article you posted has nothing to do with my decision though. I don't care why she thought she needed to kiss Muslims' ass in that speech. My problem with her now has more to do with her resume in the business world.

She has proven that she can be an effective leader having managed the spin up of Lucent Technologies when she worked for AT&T. Having been a former AT&T employee and stock owner myself back in the day I was a very pleased recipient of some fruits of that IPO.

But learning more about the circumstances of her firing from HP, I question her decision making and boardroom tactics. She would probably make a better president than some folks in the race. But not one I necessarily trust to lead the nation. A "Compaq" moment, forcing her will as POTUS could be disastrous.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Well, if you are truly known by the company you keep then the Trumpsters should be ecstatic. They and their would be political messiah have received the coveted David Duke endorsement. And Trump hasn't bothered to disavow the racists that have been shouting White Power at his events or the followers who beat up and peed on a guy in his name, (he just said they were "passionate"). Clearly he is the best the gop can run.

White nationalist David Duke praises Trump's candidacy - CNNPolitics.com

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Well, if you are truly known by the company you keep then the Trumpsters should be ecstatic. They and their would be political messiah have received the coveted David Duke endorsement. And Trump hasn't bothered to disavow the racists that have been shouting White Power at his events or the followers who beat up and peed on a guy in his name, (he just said they were "passionate"). Clearly he is the best the gop can run.

:hehe: Amusing the digging some will do to attempt a smear, as opposed to advertising and promoting their better alternative. ;)

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Obviously I'm not a fan of Trump. And though I'm not surprised that David Duke would endorse Trump, but Trump's fitness for office does not hinge on the quality of his supporters.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    :hehe: Amusing the digging some will do to attempt a smear, as opposed to advertising and promoting their better alternative. ;)

What digging? It was front page news and Duke released a statement to his klan followers and the press. They like what Trump's all about. The klan digs the tools message.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Obviously I'm not a fan of Trump. And though I'm not surprised that David Duke would endorse Trump, but Trump's fitness for office does not hinge on the quality of his supporters.

And yet, Ron Paul's did. Guess you have to be more mainstream and have a more polarizing message.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    What digging? It was front page news and Duke released a statement to his klan followers and the press. They like what Trump's all about. The klan digs the tools message.

Yes, CNN would love for some 6th degree racism association to stick to the wall. That's why they dug it up.
    You didn't mention the other guys:
    Similarly Chris Matthews wants to know "Are there any black people?" at the Alabama Rally.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Look who's digging now....

I don't think it's a stretch by any means to say that Trumps message is very appealing to racists in this country. His core message has been to go after people in a racist manner. And certain types of people are lapping it up.

Top Bottom