If the republican primary were today, who would you vote for?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • If the republican primary were today, who gets your vote?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Compared with the reasonable cost of performing the functions for which the government has constitutional authority.
    :yesway:

On top of that, billions and billions of taxable dollars are lying in wait for an administration that encourages business rather than over regulates it. The repeal of Obamacare will see a huge surge in small to large business expansion.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    :yesway:

On top of that, billions and billions of taxable dollars are lying in wait for an administration that encourages business rather than over regulates it. The repeal of Obamacare will see a huge surge in small to large business expansion.

Translation: Barry has made it so bad that there is nowhere to go but up .

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    From that quote it sounds to me that he is talking about business/corporate tax. While he didn't specify it, the quote seems to at least imply it. And per your link

So if he was talking corporate tax, he would be correct.

That is mostly correct but it doesn't take into account deductions, loopholes, credits, etc. It's misleading.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    Compared with the reasonable cost of performing the functions for which the government has constitutional authority.

I'd take issue with the government's suppliers too. I don't remember where I saw it but I was reading something about how much the government pays for regular day-to-day things and what caught my eye was they would spend like $40 for a hammer you'd find in a tool shed. Things like that add up. Whoever is buying stuff for the government at overpriced rates should look into getting stuff from Amazon!

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I'd take issue with the government's suppliers too. I don't remember where I saw it but I was reading something about how much the government pays for regular day-to-day things and what caught my eye was they would spend like $40 for a hammer you'd find in a tool shed. Things like that add up. Whoever is buying stuff for the government at overpriced rates should look into getting stuff from Amazon!

Indeed so. My thought revolves around not only overpaying for merchandise, but also buying merchandise to carry out actions for which the government lacks constitutional authority to be doing in the first place.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

$40 for a hammer? A bit high depending, the last one I bought was a bit over $30 iirc. Just a plain hammer like you would find in a tool shed.
    Here it is.
    Estwing Rip Claw Hammer, 20 oz. E3-20S | Zoro.com
    But then again it might have been a steal if it was a hammer like this.
    Nail & Framing Hammers | MSCDirect.com

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    $40 for a hammer? A bit high depending, the last one I bought was a bit over $30 iirc. Just a plain hammer like you would find in a tool shed.
    Here it is.
    Estwing Rip Claw Hammer, 20 oz. E3-20S | Zoro.com
    But then again it might have been a steal if it was a hammer like this.
    Nail & Framing Hammers | MSCDirect.com

AFAIK it was just any old regular hammer. It also mentioned things like screws, nuts, bolts, etc. going for really high prices as well. It's like going to the hospital and they charge you $5 for one Tylenol.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I have no idea but I imagine the number is quite small. Nobody wants to spend 22 hours on a plane anyway!

They don't have to spend 22 hrs on a plane. Just "move" the "main" office there and staff it with a local janitor. I'd guess the number approaches zero, where places with lower tax rates are probably a good bit higher.

AFAIK it was just any old regular hammer. It also mentioned things like screws, nuts, bolts, etc. going for really high prices as well. It's like going to the hospital and they charge you $5 for one Tylenol.

The first one I posted is just a regular old hammer the second one is also, no dead blow or beryllium or anything like that. One thing that raises the price up is that they are required to buy made in America if possible. Which the one I posted is. And you might be surprised at what some nuts and bolts cost.

Top Bottom