If the republican primary were today, who would you vote for?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • If the republican primary were today, who gets your vote?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    The why did he single out Hispanics when he started his nonsense? He didn't mention the Irish or anyone else. He stuck with the Mexican narrative.

Last I looked, Ireland didn't have an extensive boarder with the United States.

Lemme check, those plate tectonics things confused me as a child.

:dunno: :n00b:

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    OK. I will admit that I didn't read all 23 pages to find out if I am the first or not but......THis is NOT!!!!! A valid INGO poll. It violates the :bacondance: Option Rule of 2012! Once the option to vote for bacon is added I may vote in this poll:D

Turkey Bacon is poison!

:bacondance::bacondance::bacondance:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Where's Santorum and Graham in this poll?

You know, I must be a true INGO'er, because it no longer surprises me to see how people rally around the populist message. In one thread you vilify "them" for embracing the left's populist message of free college and expanded welfare and then in the other thread you champion Trump's crazed populist flag-waving.

Trump may not be my first pick, but telling people that we can in fact pull ourselves up out of the sh*tter isn't my idea of 'crazed populist flag-waving'. Do you likewise consider Reagan's 'morning in America' and associated effort to restore the condition of the nation 'crazed populist flag-waving'?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yep... Reince is going to let CNN keep Fiorina off stage. She's running around 4th.

All a clown show.

I am not sure about her capability, but she is not a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Establishment and/or controllable through money unlike some others. Bush, Graham, Kasich, Lardball, I'm looking at you.

They would be doing the same thing to Trump if he didn't have them over a barrel with the implied threat of starting an independent campaign virtually guaranteed to hand the election to the Democrat.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Compared to what, though? Taxes are at their lowest in many decades now.

Compare to what they should be. I refer to all taxes, federal, state, county, and city. Thanks to the NWI Dems, Lake county has the highest income tax rate in the state. Over 50% of my real estate tax goes to school taxes and they just slipped another referendum through a few months ago. The federal govt continues to expand in size consuming ever more revenue.

When I was a kid in Chicago, I got a decent education (I think) in Chicago public schools. There was no income tax and the sales tax IIRC was 3%. With that, we had police and fire depts., roads, etc. What has changed is ever expansion of govt that we get to pay for and while I put most of that on the Dems, the GOP has done its share too.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Where's Santorum and Graham in this poll?

You know, I must be a true INGO'er, because it no longer surprises me to see how people rally around the populist message. In one thread you vilify "them" for embracing the left's populist message of free college and expanded welfare and then in the other thread you champion Trump's crazed populist flag-waving.

Looks like it's a top 10 list. There may not be enough poll options to get to the bottom dwellers. But I would support creating a new poll and maybe exchanging Jeb Bush for deez nuts. I hear he's doing better than some other Republicans in the race.

I went with the top ten (10) because that is the maximum number of choices I can put in a poll on the forum. I also updated about a week ago explaining that the choices had NOT changed, so those who were on the bottom in the beginning remained on the bottom as of the update. I will try to post in the next day or two if any changes have been made.

In my personal opinion I would have liked to include everyone for the poll. I like to be inclusive that way.

However, some of these people running are complete idiots for tanking their own party with too many fish in the pond. When someone has no real hope of winning and no significantly different message - DO NOT RUN! They are only undermining their own party by causing internal strife. Sometimes that is a good thing to let different messages out, but in this case the only party hurt by this number of candidates are the republicans.

Regards,

Doug

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    [snip] When someone has no real hope of winning and no significantly different message - DO NOT RUN! [snip]

Doug, the level of egotism necessary to convince many of these that THEY can be the saviour of 'truth, justice and the American way' will surely blind them to the reality of the/their situation. I'm not holding my breath.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I take great pleasure in seeing the Republican and Democratic parties undermined by their own - the more the merrier!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I went with the top ten (10) because that is the maximum number of choices I can put in a poll on the forum. I also updated about a week ago explaining that the choices had NOT changed, so those who were on the bottom in the beginning remained on the bottom as of the update. I will try to post in the next day or two if any changes have been made.

In my personal opinion I would have liked to include everyone for the poll. I like to be inclusive that way.

However, some of these people running are complete idiots for tanking their own party with too many fish in the pond. When someone has no real hope of winning and no significantly different message - DO NOT RUN! They are only undermining their own party by causing internal strife. Sometimes that is a good thing to let different messages out, but in this case the only party hurt by this number of candidates are the republicans.

Regards,

Doug

The bottom dwellers really don't impact that much. Of course it would be much less cluttered if they'd just drop out. But at most the 12% they eat up when distributed across the upper tier candidates might at best cause a few people to trade places in the standings.

I'd like to see the candidates who have a 30-day running average of < 2% just drop out. That's Perry, Jindal, Graham, Santorum, Pataki, Gilmore. It would make debates more manageable as well as unclutter the field. They have no real chance of winning anyway and I can't believe they're still in the race.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...-trump-says-us-most-highly-taxed-nation-worl/

Trump thinks the U.S. Is the most highly taxed nation on earth when in fact this not remotely true. We are at worst middle of the pack.

"Look, we’re the most highly taxed nation in the world — that’s why taxes have to go down, business has to come back, jobs have to be back," he said.
    From that quote it sounds to me that he is talking about business/corporate tax. While he didn't specify it, the quote seems to at least imply it. And per your link
    We should note that a more specific claim would have been largely accurate. We have given a Mostly True rating to the claim that the United States has the highest corporate tax rate in the world.

So if he was talking corporate tax, he would be correct.

Top Bottom