• historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    Here is my breakdown.

60 million in a trust for church.
    10 million in a trust for the Christian school.
    10 million in a trust for the local crisis pregnancy center
    30 million (10 million each) in an untouchable trust for each kid.
    20 million: Finish paying off the house. Sell it, and buy some land and build. And build my dad a house too.
    10 million: Get a pilot's license, travel fund, and guns.
    Rest of it into mutual funds/the market. Live off of the 1% interest and plow the rest back into it. Build a good will.

I would still work, finish my degree, and keep on normally.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I like these day dreams...

Upon winning, I will: seek out and hire a team of accountants, lawyers, and financial advisers. Specifically, those who deal with the management, transfer, safety, and shielding of large sums of money. I doubt that'll be any of INGO's own.

I will have at least one trust set-up for the sole purpose of claiming the prize. Once it has been claimed and the cash option deposited (perhaps across SEVERAL institutions in order to take advantage of deposit insurance policies), I would then like to have it doled out into many other smaller trusts / LLCs / etc for the purposes of actually being A) best utilized and B) best shielded from 1) me and 2) government.

I would like to set up a charity or 3 to meet some real needs of the people in my community. Additionally, there would be many existing charities that would greatly benefit. I would also sponsor scholarships for higher education opportunities for deserving students.

What monies would I "keep"? No idea. My wife and I were talking last night about how we would like to pay off lots of friends/relative's mortgages. Probably purchase a lot of new/er vehicles for those friends/relatives, too. (For instance, one of my best friends still owes $7k on a POS Saturn Outlook. That needs about $7-8k worth of work. They desperately need a much newer and better vehicle) Close family would see their debts disappear. Siblings and parents would probably receive a "lump sum" and instructions to not ask for any more if you blow it - because there's at least one of my wife's siblings who'll blow it. And I'd end up owning a large chunk of the land East Southeast of Darlington, IN - and eventually build a decent home over there.

Fun to daydream...

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I like these day dreams...

Upon winning, I will: seek out and hire a team of accountants, lawyers, and financial advisers. Specifically, those who deal with the management, transfer, safety, and shielding of large sums of money. I doubt that'll be any of INGO's own.

I will have at least one trust set-up for the sole purpose of claiming the prize. Once it has been claimed and the cash option deposited (perhaps across SEVERAL institutions in order to take advantage of deposit insurance policies), I would then like to have it doled out into many other smaller trusts / LLCs / etc for the purposes of actually being A) best utilized and B) best shielded from 1) me and 2) government.

I would like to set up a charity or 3 to meet some real needs of the people in my community. Additionally, there would be many existing charities that would greatly benefit. I would also sponsor scholarships for higher education opportunities for deserving students.

What monies would I "keep"? No idea. My wife and I were talking last night about how we would like to pay off lots of friends/relative's mortgages. Probably purchase a lot of new/er vehicles for those friends/relatives, too. (For instance, one of my best friends still owes $7k on a POS Saturn Outlook. That needs about $7-8k worth of work. They desperately need a much newer and better vehicle) Close family would see their debts disappear. Siblings and parents would probably receive a "lump sum" and instructions to not ask for any more if you blow it - because there's at least one of my wife's siblings who'll blow it. And I'd end up owning a large chunk of the land East Southeast of Darlington, IN - and eventually build a decent home over there.

Fun to daydream...

Yes, it is ..... remember, you have a "lifetime" amount that you can give away, with no tax repercussions, after that, you are going

to be taxed AGAIN .....

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    First hundred grand on hookers and blow.... and waste the rest.

Now... more seriously... $600M after taxes...

A couple mill in trust each for wife, daughter, grandson, and self. Principal untouchable.
    A goodly amount to Scottish Rite Children's Hospital and the Shriners' Hospitals.
    Mother, brother, and sisters debt free.
    Land and home. Not sure where. Definitely off-grid. I figure the above would maybe run me $20M, but safe figuring says plan for it to run me $50M.

So.... What to do with the remaining $550M? Half saved. that's always wise. That leaves me $275M.

I :biggun: think I can :ar15: think of a :draw: few things to do with that....

Blessings,
    Bill

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Yes, it is ..... remember, you have a "lifetime" amount that you can give away, with no tax repercussions, after that, you are going

to be taxed AGAIN .....

I'd be OK with that in order to bless people.

BUT, keep in mind, it wouldn't be ME doing the giving. It'd be trusts / LLC's. :D

My family and I would also travel. A lot.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I would give Kirk and Houghmade one million each to be on permanent retainer and then once a month have them reenact famous trials in history (in period clothing) while I sip bourbon and see if either of them could have changed history with their arguments....

I would also try to be the Hunt brothers of Smith and Wesson K 22's and buy every single one ever made and give them out to INGO members in lieu of rep..I would hire BBI to take me to the Middle East so I could see the land where my Faith was born.....I would give Churchmouse enough money so he doesn't have to crawl around under houses anymore and could spend his days telling stories to his grand kids...I would also buy him five 1911's of his choice....

I would buy paulf a library of philosophy books with a big chair, a fireplace and three years time away from work in which to reflect upon all of the world's philosophies at his own pace....And a big telescope..I think Paulf would like a big telescope...I would buy harleyrider a voice box translator....

I would pay off the house and buy me some more land in Perry County....I would build a replica of "The Willing" and hire a crew in period dress to go up and down the Ohio river educating kids on George Rogers Clark and the role the early pioneers played in settling this region...

I would buy an Andy Warhol print of Annie Oakley and Elmer Keith's revolvers...On my land in Perry County I would build the replica of a frontier station and mount a brass swivel gun on the blockhouse...

I would hire the Avett Brothers and the Carolina Chocolate Drops to come up to the farm and do a concert for my birthday every year....I would hire three permanent Autism Coaches for my daughter and I would retain the two toughest kids at her school to protect her from bullies...

Any parent of any child with autism or any special needs here on INGO would never have to worry about paying for anything their child needs as long as the money holds out....

That's all I can think of for now....

ArmedNerds

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2016
    Behind a keyboard
    BUT, keep in mind, it wouldn't be ME doing the giving. It'd be trusts / LLC's. :D

The very first thing once I had that money would be to have a good lawyer setup a bunch of trusts/LLC's to manage things from a privacy standpoint. That way "5th cousins thrice removed" can't lookup my home or property through public information. It will all come up to dummy trusts run by a law group. And I'll make sure on my end that while I might live well, I won't live flashy and I won't make it known who I am. No Lamborghini's, no flashy clothes, no flashy things. A well lived, private life in the middle of nowhere where I can simply vanish into the general population. I'll do good things for both myself and others, but it will be anonymously, the way it should be. Virtue is it's own reward.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    First hundred grand on hookers and blow.... and waste the rest.

Now... more seriously... $600M after taxes...

A couple mill in trust each for wife, daughter, grandson, and self. Principal untouchable.
    A goodly amount to Scottish Rite Children's Hospital and the Shriners' Hospitals.
    Mother, brother, and sisters debt free.
    Land and home. Not sure where. Definitely off-grid. I figure the above would maybe run me $20M, but safe figuring says plan for it to run me $50M.

So.... What to do with the remaining $550M? Half saved. that's always wise. That leaves me $275M.

I :biggun: think I can :ar15: think of a :draw: few things to do with that....

Blessings,
    Bill

So Obama will no longer be the gun salesman of the year... :D

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Business as usual for me, keep going to school and learning. Riley Children's Hospital would be getting a sizable anonymous donation though.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Cars. Also cars. And trucks.

I had a thought the other day... I'd go for 1-year leases on all of Motor Trends "of the year" winners. That'd be fun.

Informed Decision

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Evansville
    I would give Kirk and Houghmade one million each to be on permanent retainer and then once a month have them reenact famous trials in history (in period clothing) while I sip bourbon and see if either of them could have changed history with their arguments....

I would also try to be the Hunt brothers of Smith and Wesson K 22's and buy every single one ever made and give them out to INGO members in lieu of rep..I would hire BBI to take me to the Middle East so I could see the land where my Faith was born.....I would give Churchmouse enough money so he doesn't have to crawl around under houses anymore and could spend his days telling stories to his grand kids...I would also buy him five 1911's of his choice....

I would buy paulf a library of philosophy books with a big chair, a fireplace and three years time away from work in which to reflect upon all of the world's philosophies at his own pace....And a big telescope..I think Paulf would like a big telescope...I would buy harleyrider a voice box translator....

I would pay off the house and buy me some more land in Perry County....I would build a replica of "The Willing" and hire a crew in period dress to go up and down the Ohio river educating kids on George Rogers Clark and the role the early pioneers played in settling this region...

I would buy an Andy Warhol print of Annie Oakley and Elmer Keith's revolvers...On my land in Perry County I would build the replica of a frontier station and mount a brass swivel gun on the blockhouse...

I would hire the Avett Brothers and the Carolina Chocolate Drops to come up to the farm and do a concert for my birthday every year....I would hire three permanent Autism Coaches for my daughter and I would retain the two toughest kids at her school to protect her from bullies...

Any parent of any child with autism or any special needs here on INGO would never have to worry about paying for anything their child needs as long as the money holds out....

That's all I can think of for now....

Boy, talk about covering the bases without even buying a ticket!!

Top Bottom