• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Wabash Valley Historical Arms, Inc. It would actually be three different corporations under same umbrella--ammunition manufacturing, magazine making and firearms, primarily historical. First run would be Gerat 06, Stg 44 and Mk42(b) as all use the same magazine. Make them here in Lafayette, distribution point in Indy. Invite INGO to SHOT Show.:D

Oh, I'd open a microbrewery too.:D

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    Serious question. Say you did hit it. Lump sum, after taxes, $600 million -ish ? What does one do with a $600 million check? I can't imagine you could go to the good old Farmers and Merchants .

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Serious question. Say you did hit it. Lump sum, after taxes, $600 million -ish ? What does one do with a $600 million check? I can't imagine you could go to the good old Farmers and Merchants .

I'd be looking for a better interest rate than my local credit union offers. Talk about living off the interest..your descendants would never have to work again.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I'd probably take the annuity, it works out to be somewhere in the neighborhood of $55,000.00/day for 30 years. I'm not so ignorant to believe that it wouldn't change me as I know without a doubt it would. It would reduce my stress and likely extend my life expectancy. I'd have enough land that I could limit contact with people I don't know to absolute zero for as long as it suits me. I'd own land here in Indiana as well as KY, IA, MO, MT, NB, SD, WY & UT and I would hunt five months out of the year and fish the rest.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'd probably take the annuity, it works out to be somewhere in the neighborhood of $55,000.00/day for 30 years. I'm not so ignorant to believe that it wouldn't change me as I know without a doubt it would. It would reduce my stress and likely extend my life expectancy. I'd have enough land that I could limit contact with people I don't know to absolute zero for as long as it suits me. I'd own land here in Indiana as well as KY, IA, MO, MT, NB, SD, WY & UT and I would hunt five months out of the year and fish the rest.

Need a caretaker..............:)

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    If I won...no one would know until I had a couple good lawyers and money managers on the team...of course church, family and close friends would be benefactors as well. How much for one session of congress?

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Most likely, I sure as hell ain't cuttin the grass or shovelin snow lol.

I watched an interview of a guy who won around $200M, he said winning the lottery is like spraying miracle grow on your character flaws lol.

Probably better than spraying whiskey on them like I do.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    If you win and choose lump sum, you get a lawyer and accountant used to dealing with amounts like that. You setup a few accounts at large institutions and diversify a tad. It won't be FDIC insured but companies should be OK. Have said lawyer and accountant setup a will immediately and start structuring for estate tax avoidance. Gotta put a good chunk in an account you never touch, never. Maybe don't even give yourself access to it unless lawyer signs off. Too many people blow everything. Invest that in the market. A lot of the rest would go towards investments in income producing companies/real estate and live off that income. Personally I'd give 10% of what I receive, bless all immediate family members in addition to that and start doing random acts of kindness like you wouldn't believe.

But i don't play so I won't win.

Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville
    I really don't have a lot of desires. I would pay off our mortgage, buy a new vehicle (I have a company truck that I'd lose) and I would travel the country on my motorcycle. I would invest in some property.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I blew $2 today on a ticket. Might as well, I never buy tickets anyway.

If I win, I'll put money into my baby fund. Then the house will be paid off. Wife's jeep will be paid off. I'll give large sums to my family and closest friends.
    I will then move to a slightly larger house, in the middle of nowhere. A place where I can go shooting, and mountain biking. Hopefully with my kid.
    The rest of the money will be invested, and a huge amount will go towards charity.

Top Bottom