• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trucker777

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2014
    WESTVILLE
    Lets see, if I won... I think I'd buy a tropical island somewhere and annex it, form my own micro island country, and move all my kinfolks and friends there who wanted to go. Not sure how I'd do it, but odds are I won't win anyhow.
    Id settle for a few hundred grande at least for a new home and maybe a shopping spree to the LGS....

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Sole winner? Lots of lawyers and trusts set up to keep identity out of the papers. Quietly disappear...

Our church and my mom's church taken care of. They would have no needs and be able to help a lot of people. Wife would start some chartable foundations. Too damn much money to spend for an ordinary person like me. Save and invest enough to never have to worry about a thing and give a lot away.

A couple of restored tanks, something like a Sherman, T34 and a Panzer IV. Load shells with chalk rounds and my son and I have battles in the 1000 acre compound. Land with running water for hydroelectric, lots of solar panels and submarine batteries for off grid power. Any of my friends and family can come live there, land would be supplied and a subsidized home built to their specs. Again... compound. Airfield large enough for a mid-sized twin engine plane, a fun aerobatic Pitts, maybe restore a warbird or two for fun. Plus make the runway big enough to race cars on a bit, maybe something like a twisty road track for sports cars. Lots of trails for motorcycles and ATV's.

Backyard shooting range. Underground shooting range. Years and years of long term food stored. Small homes in Colorado for skiing and Savannah for when I don't feel like looking at snow. Another full set of preps stored in each place with a vehicle and a very full safe. Just in case the zombie apocalypse hits while I am vacationing you know... hey, it could happen.

And that would not have even spent close to half of it... just way too much money for an ordinary person to handle.

I think part of winning is the lottery being able to use your name and photos when you collect the money.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    I am not positive, but I think there have been some that have taken their winnings behind a trust or something similar. Of course if our company pool won, well... that would be all over the news after the show some of the guys would make of it. Me, I would stick around to help train my replacement, my boss has been good to me and I could not just leave him in a lurch like that. But I would work the hours I wanted to... and three (or four) day weekends.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I think part of winning is the lottery being able to use your name and photos when you collect the money.

I am not positive, but I think there have been some that have taken their winnings behind a trust or something similar. Of course if our company pool won, well... that would be all over the news after the show some of the guys would make of it. Me, I would stick around to help train my replacement, my boss has been good to me and I could not just leave him in a lurch like that. But I would work the hours I wanted to... and three (or four) day weekends.

I believe the old lady from Shelbyville claimed her prize via an anonymous LLC which shielded her identify from the public. Further, we had a client contact our Firm and we inquired on behalf of a client to the Hoosier Lottery and they said a winner could indeed remain anonymous as long as they took the necessary steps to conceal their identify and claim the prize thru a LLC or over entity.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I only really need another two. A long range precision 110ba, and a sem-auto shotgun.

Now tell me that you aren't influenced by the smooth, silky feel of blue steel and finely polished figured walnut in your fingers, just begging to go home with you, even in the absence of a 'legitimate need', but rather simply encouraging you to indulge yourself...

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I would build my alpacas a heated and air conditioned barn with some pasture under greenhouse so they could enjoy comfortable pasture year round. After that, I would have to enlist the HVAC contractor to help with one of my most important tasks--watching trees grow!

I would probably buy more ground, a couple of new to me tractors but not new since I am too traditional for that!

I would indulge in a number of projects and experiments on the farm. Going off the grid is a given. I would probably buy a new pickup truck and one car for a toy. Overall, I don't really feel much inclination toward living large. I like nice things when I can afford them, but it is also true that I only take up so much space and most of the things I value do not really require having things I don't already have.

I would definitely spend more time with the alpacas and whatever other creatures I may collect. The most important thing to me is that I would be very much able to farm on my terms without having to worry about the cash flow.

There are a number of causes I would support, charities whose work I value, and politicians who need alternately reinforced and removed. Of course, the family, especially the nieces and nephews would be well cared for, but in ways that foster self-sufficiency rather than dependence. I would also invest in programs to teach young people who are not learning what they need to learn at school or at home, with the goal of assisting them in being the best, most knowledgeable, most well-adjusted, and most self-sufficient people they can be.

Needless to say, some good legal counsel would be the starting point, and a very large chunk of the proceeds would be used to generate an ongoing revenue stream. I could see some targeted subsets of farming being part of that portfolio, but I would not manage it myself. I want to enjoy it, not allow it to become a job. In my reckoning, it is hard to find anything more peaceful.

Oh, and how could I forget such an extremely important detail...I would also be busy filling the safe, and another one, or two, or three, or four.

Now tell me that you aren't influenced by the smooth, silky feel of blue steel and finely polished figured walnut in your fingers, just begging to go home with you, even in the absence of a 'legitimate need', but rather simply encouraging you to indulge yourself...

:koolaid:

Enabler......

Yes, I am. Seductive descriptions of firearms, open-ended invitations to help watch trees grow, given time, I can think of all kinds of ways to lead a person astray!

Last edited:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I definately wouldn't stay at my job. In fact I would buy my competitor and then sell product at a lose with the Goal of bankrupting both companies. Gotta make sure I don't do something stupid and continue my career.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton

True enough I suppose. I just can't imagine what I would buy otherwise. At least not at this early stage. :)
    I mean at this point, I would like those two firearms, but don't see enough of a need to save for them...
    The gas money alone for the long range gun would eat me alive... so I guess I need to add that to my winnings spending. Gas $ to drive to a range where I could stretch out 1000+ yards

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I definately wouldn't stay at my job. In fact I would buy my competitor and then sell product at a lose with the Goal of bankrupting both companies. Gotta make sure I don't do something stupid and continue my career.

You'd want employees at both companies to lose their jobs?

Top Bottom