• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FordMan08

Shooter
    Rating - 96.2%
    24   1   1
    Nov 26, 2008
    Parts Unknown
    I have chewed a can of Skoal a day for the past 18 years. Two weeks ago I was driving with my wife and dumped the can I had in my pocket out the window. I bought a couple bags of sunflower seeds and a couple packs of gum to ease the pain. The first couple days was BAD but it has gotten better ever since. I dont even think about it much now.

Just letting you fellow dippers know that quitting can be done.

1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    Congrats!!!! I have been dipping for over 20 years.....it's a part of me. I have stopped numerous times but always picked it back up. I realized I was trying to quit for the wrong reasons and I wasn't ready to quit.........for me. My issue is I still enjoy it way too damn much and know that until that changes I wont be able to quit.

Reps inbound to you.

Cain71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Columbus
    I too have been dipping skoal for 20+ years, I have stopped several times,but keep going back. First can I bought cost 74 cents.

antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Good for you.

I did a combination of Copenhagen and roll-your-own tobacco cigarettes for many years. Quit in 2003.

Not easy, but well worth it!

I have stopped several times,but keep going back

I read somewhere the average person who successfully quits nicotine has to quit and fail seven times before quitting for good. Don't give up!

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Good for you. Many of the guys I went to high school with chewed. Two (that I know of) got cancer...one in the throat, and one in the lips/tongue. That's not pretty. Quit while you're ahead.

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    I need to quit. already stocked on chew for this payday. Next week im using that money for sunflower seeds. thanks for the motivation

JML

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Southside
    i quit dippin skoal wintergreen longcut when it was gettin to be $4 something a can.Moved on to the new copenhagen straight longcut (only $2 something a can).I used go through about a can and a half a day.Now 1 can will last me 2-3 days.So i'm starting to finally slow down with the whole dippin phase of my life.

Tripwire25

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    I was a 18 year dipper. Started on Skoal straight, then Kodiak..Last 12 years has been Cope and Grizzly straight. Quit 3 months ago with the help of nicotine gum. Im so glad I did.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    I was a 18 year dipper. Started on Skoal straight, then Kodiak..Last 12 years has been Cope and Grizzly straight. Quit 3 months ago with the help of nicotine gum. Im so glad I did.

I dipped Kodiak for many years. I tried quittting 7 or 8 times before I got it done.
    Big Red gum finally helped me get through it.

It was a lot harder to quit than cigs were.

Anonymous

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Noblesville
    I finally broke a 20+ year habit, about a year ago. For those of you that are trying to quit, you can try Hooch snuff (hoochsnuff.com).

It's not great, but it sure helped the first couple of weeks, and the reviews say it's the best of the herbal snuff. Good luck, and congrats to the OP as it will be worth it in the long run!

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    I picked up cope to quit smoking, I dropped the cope and now I've been dipping redman ( snuff ).

Good stuff, I need to quit too!

Top Bottom