• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sjstill

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    Having worked at ranges since about 2002, I've seen bunches of squibs, most were reloads, but quite a few were factory-loaded ammo. One poor guy had 3 or
    4 from a 250 rd box of UMC 9mm. Gotta stay vigilant!

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    The powder check system on my Dillon 650 was the best money spent. I did however have a squib the other day. I was loading up some rounds for my wife's new Glock 42 .380.

I was putting together different recipes of three different powders to try to get the gun to cycle. I was using the trickler to measure the two powders that were not in the powder drop. I would dump the powder out of the case from the powder drop and fill will the measured different powder.

Evidently I missed one and while trying the loads at the range with guns going off around me I didn't hear the gun go bang and no recoil so I stopped and checked the barrel and there was the bullet just inside the groves. The case had to be manually ejected which caught my attention first.

After seeing the pics from Allen I twitched a little thinking about the what if. I also showed them to my wife so she could see what could happen. I'm sorry that it happened to your RO Allen but it is a wake up call for the rest of us to never get to lax with paying close attention.

Last edited:

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I think shes gonna be ok. new barrel fits fine and frame came back in shape with a little persuasion. everything functions as it should

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    how do you like the Fusion barrels?.....you getting the same accuracy from them as a Kart or Bar-Sto?.....are they easy fit or smith fit?

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    how do you like the Fusion barrels?.....you getting the same accuracy from them as a Kart or Bar-Sto?.....are they easy fit or smith fit?

I actually have not used a "gunsmith" fit Fusion barrel except in the kit guns I have built and in those yes accuracy is every bit on par with other name brands. This barrel is a Drop in that I had in my spare parts bin just waiting to be needed.
    It locks in tight in the gun. Nice fit.
    Sadly I would have never re barreled this gun, It was amazingly accurate. So this will be a good comparison once I get it done.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    I actually have not used a "gunsmith" fit Fusion barrel except in the kit guns I have built and in those yes accuracy is every bit on par with other name brands. This barrel is a Drop in that I had in my spare parts bin just waiting to be needed.
    It locks in tight in the gun. Nice fit.
    Sadly I would have never re barreled this gun, It was amazingly accurate. So this will be a good comparison once I get it done.

let us know how it shoots.....

Last edited:

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I hate to ask, but due to my lack of knowledge in many areas of firearms... What is a squib load?

Squib is a load with just a primer but no powder in it. The primer has enough energy to push the bullet into the barrel but not out :(

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I see where you applied the heat. She looks almost good as new.
    Yes, that RO was accurate. I shot it right after you put the original parts back in it and did the color work. Sad it blew up.

Top Bottom