• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Just something to think about. We both have our perspectives, and I'm not going to say you're wrong. We can move on. I appreciate you being civil.

:yesway:

Same to you, nice having different perspectives. I didn’t think about the Kenya thing until you pointed it out, so definitely have that to ponder.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Some can't play in the big leagues... but are willing to do drivebys, when if they are ignoring people, they should just stay quiet.

Big leagues. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Here ya go, hero. Enjoy the "Man Size Wads." :lmfao:

big_league_chew.jpg

Big leagues. AH HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Exception post: Not help the not racist argument... she also called black youths "super predators," was mentored by Byrd, and had a husband who made a dig at Obama, by comparing his wins to Jessie Jackson in 84 and 88.

Wait till you hear about what she said about the Haitians...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I disagree, and will always disagree.

That doesn't leave much room for adjusting your beliefs according to discovered facts. I'm trying to see where you get that. I'm just not seeing it. I think some of the "Birthers" are probably racists. It seems evident enough to say that's a fact. But I see no reason to connect Birtherism to Obama being Black, or to racism, other than many leftists essentially calling any Obama criticism racist. There's nothing inherently racist about suspecting that someone was born in another country. Especially when people find some pamphlet erroneously stating he was born in Kenya. The author of that Pamphlet herself, said it was an error. But once it's out there people just keep believing it. THAT's not racism. That's confirmation bias.

The earliest I can find for the origin of foreign birth was early 2008. Several "Birther" debunk sites say the rumors started from right wing conspiracy sites. But I can't see where it first gained wide spread notoriety in the media until later in the Primary season, when Hillary supporters emailed out chain emails repeating the foreign birth rumors, apparently taken from these right wing sites. Wikipedia says the rumors of the foreign birth morphed from a claim Andy Martin, a Democrat, made about Obama's religion back when Obama ran for US Senate. I'm guessing that right wing conspiracy nuts sort of dug into that and it grew into the rumors about Obama being born in Kenya. There's nothing that requires racism to believe in conspiracy theories. So I really don't see a direct tie there.

So other than the fact that some racists likely believe Obama was born in Kenya, I can find no cause to believe that only racists believe Obama was born in Kenya. There's no dots I can find to connect the two. So if you have some information that I haven't seen, maybe some dots I've missed, I'm willing to look. But as far as I can tell, thinking that Birthers are inherently racist is just a belief.

And it's certainly not true that Trump started all the Birther stuff about Obama. Trump didn't even mention it publicly until 2011. The birther stuff is at least as old as 2008.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Big leagues. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Here ya go, hero. Enjoy the "Man Size Wads." :lmfao:

big_league_chew.jpg

Big leagues. AH HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not surprising that you would know exactly where to find "man sized wads." Me, I'm not looking. But hey, if that's your thing, that's your thing. Not judging.

:gheyhi:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    That doesn't leave much room for adjusting your beliefs according to discovered facts. I'm trying to see where you get that. I'm just not seeing it. I think some of the "Birthers" are probably racists. It seems evident enough to say that's a fact. But I see no reason to connect Birtherism to Obama being Black, or to racism, other than many leftists essentially calling any Obama criticism racist. There's nothing inherently racist about suspecting that someone was born in another country. Especially when people find some pamphlet erroneously stating he was born in Kenya. The author of that Pamphlet herself, said it was an error. But once it's out there people just keep believing it. THAT's not racism. That's confirmation bias.

The earliest I can find for the origin of foreign birth was early 2008. Several "Birther" debunk sites say the rumors started from right wing conspiracy sites. But I can't see where it first gained wide spread notoriety in the media until later in the Primary season, when Hillary supporters emailed out chain emails repeating the foreign birth rumors, apparently taken from these right wing sites. Wikipedia says the rumors of the foreign birth morphed from a claim Andy Martin, a Democrat, made about Obama's religion back when Obama ran for US Senate. I'm guessing that right wing conspiracy nuts sort of dug into that and it grew into the rumors about Obama being born in Kenya. There's nothing that requires racism to believe in conspiracy theories. So I really don't see a direct tie there.

So other than the fact that some racists likely believe Obama was born in Kenya, I can find no cause to believe that only racists believe Obama was born in Kenya. There's no dots I can find to connect the two. So if you have some information that I haven't seen, maybe some dots I've missed, I'm willing to look. But as far as I can tell, thinking that Birthers are inherently racist is just a belief.

And it's certainly not true that Trump started all the Birther stuff about Obama. Trump didn't even mention it publicly until 2011. The birther stuff is at least as old as 2008.

You may see it anyway you like. My opinion won't be changed.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You may see it anyway you like. My opinion won't be changed.

I’m trying to see what the truth is. I’m open to the possibility it’s racist, but the facts don’t make that evident. If you’re using facts to see it the way you see it, then you must have some facts I haven’t seen.

Top Bottom