• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    So what does that have to do with it. That type of equipment should be inspected before and after each use, Not to mention Monthly and Annual Load tests at 150% of rated capacity. When it is not, accidents (Negligence from the way I look at it) happens. That could have very well been someones death in that accident, instead of just damaged property...
    I can promise you lowe's didn't do that or cared to.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    The Operators of the equipment should be doing all the Daily checks, not Lowes...

The training on how to use the equipment was lowes responcibility. they failed to train for anything other then roll overs or what to do when the lp ran out... and how to block aisles.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    The training on how to use the equipment was lowes responcibility. they failed to train for anything other then roll overs or what to do when the lp ran out... and how to block aisles.
    I fire operators for not having the integrity to maintain the equipment the use, regardless of the training...

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Trucks are great when you have a regular use for them. My life is mostly city/suburban, and I drive cars. When my lifestyle included a Mustang GT, a boat and a jet ski, I bought a quality utility trailer with a 5 X 8 foot bed and 1500 lb capacity. Like a previous poster, that trailer was my truck behind the Mustang, a Thunderbird, a Mark VIII and my current Grand Marquis. I did have a Dakota pickup for about 9 years when I needed a truck at least twice a week. The fuel mileage advantage with a car pays for a trailer pretty quick.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    meh. I haul.... sometimes
    photobucket-48337-1333893221933.jpg

I daily drive it, its my only vehicle... I dont mind the 'high' costs of diesel... its rewarding and Ill never own a gasser again... its very important to me for social status

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    Extremely useful wouldn't want to be without one. Very nice if you garden or do any outdooractivities thought about buying a car but for the cost of insurance plates and maintenance gas would have to be five dollars or more to break even. Plus you have extra maintenance to do ith multiPle vehicles. Thought about a motorcycle too but it's the same as far as cOsts and I don't feel safe commuting into the city on a motorcycle too many crazy drivers. Eventually will get a newer truck because the newer ones are getting better gas mileage

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    I think a truck is a must for any man under age 60. For women, and older men who aren't doing a lot of physical labor anymore, not so much. I'm as white-collar as you can be in Indiana yet still use my pickup regularly. Some of that is also just being well-raised and disciplined. For lazy azzes, maybe not so much either.

chris2012

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 4, 2012
    A truck is the only vehicle to have in my opinion. You will use it more times to haul something than not. 4x4 is also key!

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I went a few years without a pickup truck, and hated it! Then again, I tend to do more than putt around with a few friends and carry groceries.

I'll never be without 4WD and a truck bed ever again. I seem to always be picking up lumber, a load of mulch, or something WAY too big to fit in a standard SUV. Of course, I'm also towing a trailer now and then, and a 3/4-ton diesel truck (or larger) makes towing a breeze.

There may be a lot of days where a truck is overkill, but sometimes you NEED a truck.

Bumper sticker I saw somewhere:
    YES, this is my truck. NO, you cannot borrow it.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Bumper sticker I saw somewhere:
    YES, this is my truck. NO, you cannot borrow it.

Similiar to the one I want "Yes this is MY truck, and NO I will not help you move." That is the downside to owning a truck, everyone that doesnt have one expects you to help them. Ive gotten to where only a few people ask (mainly my parents, as they dont have a lot of use for a truck, and they pay me very generous mileage to haul crap for them, even though I dont worry about it.)... But some people just expect you to help and dont offer the first dime for gas.....

Top Bottom