• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How are you responding to the 2010 census mailing?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    This was my first census. I expected something in depth to gain some statistical information. How many TVs, computers, cars, people, pets, etc. I guess I just assumed that is what they used for everything with population statistics. I filled out the front page, flipped it over and was like...WTF there aren't any more questions? Then I was kinda pissed that they went with a whole question ONLY about hispanic origins. Then they asked race. For that one question, Hispanic wasn't a race...it was an origin with specific sub classes. Seems a bit strange. They didn't do that for Canadians, Italians, or Indians (dot or the feather). What's the deal? Maybe they are trying to get information about illegals?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    jdhaines you might get the "American Community Servey" which also is handled by the census bureau and goes into a lot of MORE questions like the kind you are asking.

In terms of the "hispanic" question agree! But you see if you break down the origin and the word hispanic you will understand why. "His" "Panic" as in the White Man's Panic that he will soon be the miniority. Is where word. It's a man-up word created by the US in the 80s to try and lump all "spanish speaking" people together.

XDinmyXJ

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    I answered truthfully, I don't see why people are so paranoid about these things. They already know all about you if you have ever taken your foil hat off to find out. People always say they are proud to be American and All that crap but as soon as they want to do something for statistical reasons people act like a bunch of fools. Do whatever you want but don't be so stupid about it. There were no questions that insulted me.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I answered truthfully, I don't see why people are so paranoid about these things.

camp_children1.jpg

Trail%20of%20Tears%20Winter%20March.jpg

Camp3.jpg

from what I have read all three groups (Jews, Indiana, Japanese Americans) had their "race" info obtained from census info the later 2 from US census info. HUM... :cool:

WeAreNotAlone

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    camp_children1.jpg

Trail%20of%20Tears%20Winter%20March.jpg

Camp3.jpg

from what I have read all three groups (Jews, Indiana, Japanese Americans) had their "race" info obtained from census info the later 2 from US census info. HUM... :cool:

Considering that Woodrow Wilson used census data to ID those eligible to be kidnapped for the draft, I think that one could be left blank.

A little Census info , nor Gun control never hurt anybody...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAH3RTRlCHY]YouTube - Schindler's List - Trailer[/ame]

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    the government already knows fifty times more about you then you will put on the census.

XDinmyX said:
    I answered truthfully, I don't see why people are so paranoid about these things. They already know all about you if you have ever taken your foil hat off to find out.

Then why do they need to ask I wonder?

Last edited:

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I answered truthfully, I don't see why people are so paranoid about these things. They already know all about you if you have ever taken your foil hat off to find out. People always say they are proud to be American and All that crap but as soon as they want to do something for statistical reasons people act like a bunch of fools. Do whatever you want but don't be so stupid about it. There were no questions that insulted me.

Why answer them at all, if you figure they know everything about us.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    If you haven't voted for republicans and democrats, exclusively then you have my most heartfelt apology.

Again, it is none of your business who I voted for. You have spent so much time on these forums you need to engage your brain before putting you keyboard in motion.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I was upset. My mother filled out the ENTIRE paper for all of us. I was REALLY pissed. She still doesn't understand why.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Don't be so mad @ her. She probably did that in 2000 and 1990 and 1980 as well. She had been trained by the system that way.

Very true but I wasn't living with her in 2000 and I was under 18 before then.

Actually, her house = her census. She's within her rights to answer as she sees fit without taking grief from anyone else.

Very true, however, she had no right to answer the questions about our names/DOB/Race/etc. Just because it's her house doesn't give her the right to answer questions about us against our will.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Until your name is on the mortgage and you're footing the bills, it sure as shootin' does.

Not on the mortgage, but we foot some of the bills for sure. Even half the cell bill. That includes 98% of the food. I'm pretty sure that gives us the right for us to speak for ourselves.

lowriderjim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Huntington
    I believe in the Constitution and my opinion is that it requires the census.
    I am still thinking about the race question but will probably answer.

The government already knows my name, address, SSAN, fingerprints and background based on a Top Secret Background Investigation.

I don't want any government (goverment in lower case on purpose) agent on my property and since these people are working I don't want to abuse them either.

Here is my idea. Assign our senators and representives to go door to door to collect this information. This would get them out of washington where they can do less harm and in touch with the people that elected them and pay their wages. We, in Huntington, have a rep that probably couldn't find us.

I CAN SPELL, I JUST CAN'T TYPE.

Top Bottom