• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How are you responding to the 2010 census mailing?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I was waiting for Jack's story of how it went down... thanks, that made my day :):

Well to start with, I already mailed in their survey a week ago and #2 there's been a plague of smash and grab break ins around here the last year or two and 2 of them with in a mile of my house in the last month. I'm a little edgy lately.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    :laugh:
    I filled out question #1 and then the race question just for kicks. I said that I was "American" in the "other" category.
    Thats pretty funny because "American" is what most of those were. Since "America" is a continent not a country they would probably call you and ask what country in America are you from...Mexico, USA, Canada just to mention some of the North American countries.

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    Quit living with mom and get your own place and you will get your own census form. Her house, her form, her decision how it is filled out. You or your wife pay half the cell bill; big deal, you probably use most of the minutes. You or your wife pay for most of the food; bet your family eats most of it. People have gone through this arguement with you for a year and a half and you still don't get it; don't like the rules in your mothers home move out.

......You and Rambone need to start a large font club....what.?...do you think you're better than everyone else. Do you talk loud too?..................(;)....just messin'....:))

According to the poll results, it would appear that there are a lot of sheeple on this board.

:dunno:Ya think?.......only if Smith and Wesson is my herder.

Actually I think there are more people who need to take the tinfoil hat off (or at least not wear it so darn tight :D)

I think their heads get too big from time to time.....and got forbid making a bigger hat. Then you would have to take the old one off. That's just plain dangerous.:):

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I think I screwed up on the origin question because of the way it was worded.
    My wife always thought she was mexican but after figuring it out she was actually more Irish because of her mom being full Irish American. Father was Spanish Mexican and Native American descent.
    after figuring out all the percentages she got mad because I called her a white girl because the percentages break down to... half Irish, quarter mexican, and twelve and a half Native American and twelve and a half Spanish descent.

So is she white or hispanic?
    If it turns out I didn't marry a latina hotty can I sue for false representation? lol

Oh well if they fine or arrest me over confusion so be it. :rolleyes:

She is afraid they are coming to deport her...lol

Well, let's see. 1/2 Irish. 1/4 Mexican (most mexican's are native or indian descent but could have a mixture of spanish), 1/8 Native American, 1/8 Spanish descent.

Since Spaniards are white, that makes here at least 5/8ths white, and 3/8ths native or Indian, so she is a white girl unless you are concerned about being Aryan and going by 1930's - 40's German standards.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Im answering it with a letter that states there are 4 white Christians in this home. Then just question number one. That is what the Constitution calls for even though some fedreal judges have disagreed with that. But the sheople will do what they do.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    I answered all the questions...otherwise they will send some idiot here, and we as tax payers will be paying for it.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Ohhh, yer my new hero!!! Facing down a couple women with that 629. That's gutsy!!

ROTFL, well Joe it's good to have goals.

Just so ya don't get too wrapped up in the excitement, only one of 'em got out of the car or I'd gone back for my shotgun.

Last edited:

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I had a hard time with the form, first I had to look at a calender to see if my kids were here on the 10th, then just to be safe I called my ex to see if the kids were indeed coming that day, what a mess. O I answered the race question with Native American, I was born here dosen't that make me a Native? Left my phone number off.

RA8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Carmel
    the race card.

These social constructs of race have no real answers, and are therefore GARBAGE, because they have no real definitions. American Indians have it easy. They are rated by % of blood, and given a card that says that they are allowed to officially associate with that tribe and receive all of the benefits and burdens that go with that official status. They are the only ones who can technically play the race card. All the rest are shades of gray. "Play the race card, PLAYYY IT!" -Homer Simpson.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I've seen some answers that seem to think that the census is
    in the Constitution.....is this really true...? I will only answer the
    first question....on April 1st....still not sure if its getting sent out?

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    All census employees are not idiots

I answered all the questions...otherwise they will send some idiot here, and we as tax payers will be paying for it.

While working in So Florida my general manager was a man in his mid sixties; he managed over nine hundred people while at Ford Cleveland and over two hundred in Miami. He was a lieutenant in the Army; a Green Beret with two tours in Vietnam and has three purple hearts for his efforts. He has a pronounced scar on his forehead where it got creased by a Vietcong bullet. He never talked about his combat experience, what I learned I learned from his wife.

He has since retired and lives on the west coast above Naples. Due to some financial setbacks he told me he took a job with the census bureau as a field supervisor. I personally don’t know you but I feel safe in saying you couldn’t carry this man’s lunch. To group anyone from the census who might come knocking on your door as an "idiot" because someone can’t properly fill out a simple form doesn’t say a lot for that person. The people are doing honest work and deserve respect.

Bisley Man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Whitestown

While working in So Florida my general manager was a man in his mid sixties; he managed over nine hundred people while at Ford Cleveland and over two hundred in Miami. He was a lieutenant in the Army; a Green Beret with two tours in Vietnam and has three purple hearts for his efforts. He has a pronounced scar on his forehead where it got creased by a Vietcong bullet. He never talked about his combat experience, what I learned I learned from his wife.

He has since retired and lives on the west coast above Naples. Due to some financial setbacks he told me he took a job with the census bureau as a field supervisor. I personally don’t know you but I feel safe in saying you couldn’t carry this man’s lunch. To group anyone from the census who might come knocking on your door as an "idiot" because someone can’t properly fill out a simple form doesn’t say a lot for that person. The people are doing honest work and deserve respect.
    I don't think"2cool" meant to insult this specific MAN(3 Purple Hearts deserve cap letters). After all he said he answered all the questions so as not to burden the taxpayers, so did I. Maybe most on this have too little respect for gov. workers, some get what they deserve, some don't .

Top Bottom