• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How are you responding to the 2010 census mailing?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Be smart

If you don’t properly fill in the census form don’t complain about unfair representation later on. You know the people who are always out to get everything for free will fill it out. From what I read there is nothing intrusive on that form; the government already knows fifty times more about you then you will put on the census. No wonder you read that Latinos are outnumbering the whites, I bet they send in their forms and whitey throws his in the trash; who is the dumb one?

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    If you don’t properly fill in the census form don’t complain about unfair representation later on. You know the people who are always out to get everything for free will fill it out. From what I read there is nothing intrusive on that form; the government already knows fifty times more about you then you will put on the census. No wonder you read that Latinos are outnumbering the whites, I bet they send in their forms and whitey throws his in the trash; who is the dumb one?

How will I be represented any different, if I only answer the number of people in my home or if I answer every question? :dunno:
    I choose to answer what is required by the Constitution and nothing more.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    How will I be represented any different, if I only answer the number of people in my home or if I answer every question? :dunno:
    I choose to answer what is required by the Constitution and nothing more.

Some programs are based upon how many of X nationality are in a particular district. When a congressman has a bill in front of him catering to a "minority" I am sure they check first to see how many are in his/her district. If the % is distorted that might affect his vote as they all cater to who will give them the most votes come November. :twocents:

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I tried to meet them halfway.
    I expect harassment.

1) How many adults- I answered that.
    2) Phone number- Uh, no way.
    3) Birthdays of each occupant, I answered that.
    4) Sex of each occupant- I answered that.
    4) Names of anyone- no.
    5) Home owned or rented? Not answered.

Last edited:

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    Ummm... I'm pretty sure the first question asked how many people were living at my residence on April 1st 2010... If I'm not mistaken, there is no way I can possibly know the correct answer to that question, as it is only March 18th 2010.

I'm so confused now! Who do I sue over this mental turmoil!

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Some programs are based upon how many of X nationality are in a particular district. When a congressman has a bill in front of him catering to a "minority" I am sure they check first to see how many are in his/her district. If the % is distorted that might affect his vote as they all cater to who will give them the most votes come November. :twocents:

I reject programs that cater to "GROUPS" we are all Americans... well except for the millions of illegal aliens. :)

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Who's fault is that?
    Yours and people like you. I've always voted for the person who would best represent my principles. None of those have been democrats or republicans. Your choice to vote for the lesser of evils has left me, and many more people without principled and ethical representation.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green

I reject programs that cater to "GROUPS" we are all Americans... well except for the millions of illegal aliens. :)

BE has it right one of the largest problems in this Country is our hyphenated Americanism...
    You either are an American or you are not an American. How hard is it... :dunno:

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Yours and people like you. I've always voted for the person who would best represent my principles. None of those have been democrats or republicans. Your choice to vote for the lesser of evils has left me, and many more people without principled and ethical representation.

You have no idea how I vote so keep XXXXXX comments like that to yourself. I couldn't care less who you voted for as long as you vote.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I tried to meet them halfway.
    I expect harassment. I will be OCing during any said harassment.

1) How many adults- I answered that.
    2) Phone number- Uh, no way.
    3) Birthdays of each occupant, I answered that.
    4) Sex of each occupant- I answered that.
    4) Names of anyone- no.
    5) Home owned or rented? Not answered.

You I think are the first one to answer is CORRECTLY based on what the Constitution says. Those that say "just # of people" are actually wrong.

That USE to be the case per Article 1, Section 2, 3rd paragraph of the Constitution:

Representatives and direct Taxes shall be apportioned among the several States which may be included within this Union, according to their respective Numbers, which shall be determined by adding to the whole Number of free Persons, including those bound to Service for a Term of Years, and excluding Indians not taxed, three fifths of all other Persons.)

However on 9 Jul 68 the 14th Amedment was ratified and it change the text above to be (via Section 2 of the 14A)

Representatives shall be apportioned among the several States according to their respective numbers, counting the whole number of persons in each State, excluding Indians not taxed. But when the right to vote at any election for the choice of electors for President and Vice-President of the United States, Representatives in Congress, the Executive and Judicial officers of a State, or the members of the Legislature thereof, is denied to any of the male inhabitants of such State, being twenty-one years of age, and citizens of the United States, or in any way abridged, except for participation in rebellion, or other crime, the basis of representation therein shall be reduced in the proportion which the number of such male citizens shall bear to the whole number of male citizens twenty-one years of age in such State.

So if we look at this we see tha the FED needs to know the whole number of people in each state. Which for you & the census would be "# of people in household".

Now if you read a bit further the 14A also needs to know how many males 21+ who are US Citizens are in the state as well. Which for you & the census means that you must ID at least by number how many are MALE, 21+ in your "# of people in household".

So by giving sex and dob of all in your party you can accomplish this.
    Likewise if you gave just the sex and age of those MALES, 21+ you also meet the obligation by the Constitution.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana

What a bunch of BS, how could you possibly know how or why he votes the way that he does.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    You I think are the first one to answer is CORRECTLY based on what the Constitution says. Those that say "just # of people" are actually wrong.

That USE to be the case per Article 1, Section 2, 3rd paragraph of the Constitution:

Representatives and direct Taxes shall be apportioned among the several States which may be included within this Union, according to their respective Numbers, which shall be determined by adding to the whole Number of free Persons, including those bound to Service for a Term of Years, and excluding Indians not taxed, three fifths of all other Persons.)

However on 9 Jul 68 the 14th Amedment was ratified and it change the text above to be (via Section 2 of the 14A)

Representatives shall be apportioned among the several States according to their respective numbers, counting the whole number of persons in each State, excluding Indians not taxed. But when the right to vote at any election for the choice of electors for President and Vice-President of the United States, Representatives in Congress, the Executive and Judicial officers of a State, or the members of the Legislature thereof, is denied to any of the male inhabitants of such State, being twenty-one years of age, and citizens of the United States, or in any way abridged, except for participation in rebellion, or other crime, the basis of representation therein shall be reduced in the proportion which the number of such male citizens shall bear to the whole number of male citizens twenty-one years of age in such State.

So if we look at this we see tha the FED needs to know the whole number of people in each state. Which for you & the census would be "# of people in household".

Now if you read a bit further the 14A also needs to know how many males 21+ who are US Citizens are in the state as well. Which for you & the census means that you must ID at least by number how many are MALE, 21+ in your "# of people in household".

So by giving sex and dob of all in your party you can accomplish this.
    Likewise if you gave just the sex and age of those MALES, 21+ you also meet the obligation by the Constitution.

That's kind of what I figured- # of people, ages, sex. fine. Race- "American."

I'll go that far, then I hit the line in the sand :patriot:

Top Bottom