• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How are you responding to the 2010 census mailing?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    If you guys don't want to answer these questions, wait until your address gets selected for the American Community Survey - which, according to the census bureau, holds the same weight of law as the decennial census.

That thing is accorn funded, hogwash at best and I would not hesitate to set it on fire in front of the "government employee" that trespassed on my property to come and get it.

I answered the poll as question #1 and mailing it in, however...

I do agree with not wanting my tax dollars waste more than they already are, and I really don't want to deal with one of the "government employees" sent to my address to collect more info, nor d o iwant them anywhere near my property... the closer they are to us the better notes they can take and more likely you are to get the bs form from Accorn.

I have my doubts that many "white folk" will be getting the Accorn form though... take that for what you will, but they have to make us the minority sooner or later

Last edited:

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    These social constructs of race have no real answers, and are therefore GARBAGE, because they have no real definitions. American Indians have it easy. They are rated by % of blood, and given a card that says that they are allowed to officially associate with that tribe and receive all of the benefits and burdens that go with that official status. They are the only ones who can technically play the race card. All the rest are shades of gray. "Play the race card, PLAYYY IT!" -Homer Simpson.

Indians are the ONLY ones who have to prove ANY % blood of the race they claim. No other race is required to prove they are what ever they claim. Say you are black, white, asian, what ever and you are instantly black in the eyes of any job quotas or what ever.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I filled it out completely. Honestly, it really doesn't bother me that much.

I don't see how any one who's done geneology research or has an interest in it could complain about it.

The big problem is now they give out jobs and money based on everything but the population levels. It's all about sucking money in to the biggest government black hole.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

I really do not see that big of a deal with it. All of their questions had the best of intentions and can be used for good reasons.

I do not like the idea of asking when people go to and from work but it is reasonable to try to truly understand average traffic flow patterns without spending a gazillion dollars hiring people to count cars. Intrusive? Yes, a bit. Tin foil hat time? No, not really.

I find it interesting that many people consider it their "civic duty" to be on a jury and judge cases in civil or criminal court, but balk at the idea of answering the Constitutionally mandated Census.

Please do not get me wrong, I personally believe there should be either an amendment to the Constitution protecting privacy OR a new Federal Law protecting our private information. I just don't see this Census violating our privacy to a level worthy of entering bunker mode.

Regards,

Doug

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    To All,

I really do not see that big of a deal with it. All of their questions had the best of intentions and can be used for good reasons.

I do not like the idea of asking when people go to and from work but it is reasonable to try to truly understand average traffic flow patterns without spending a gazillion dollars hiring people to count cars. Intrusive? Yes, a bit. Tin foil hat time? No, not really.

I find it interesting that many people consider it their "civic duty" to be on a jury and judge cases in civil or criminal court, but balk at the idea of answering the Constitutionally mandated Census.

Please do not get me wrong, I personally believe there should be either an amendment to the Constitution protecting privacy OR a new Federal Law protecting our private information. I just don't see this Census violating our privacy to a level worthy of entering bunker mode.

Regards,

Doug

Doug, there is only one thing required of a Census in the Constitution and that is to count the population.

I am torn as I stated earlier in a post, we will see what I do.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    I don't think"2cool" meant to insult this specific MAN(3 Purple Hearts deserve cap letters). After all he said he answered all the questions so as not to burden the taxpayers, so did I. Maybe most on this have too little respect for gov. workers, some get what they deserve, some don't .

Then he better be more careful in his choice of words and quit grouping everyone under the same banner. Imagine if all gun owners were judged by his comments?

Last edited:

Muddy_Ford

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    Hartford City
    :dunno:I still have no idea what I am going to do with my TWO forms.
    I think I'll have the wife fill out the one in IN and throw the one i have gotten at my apt in ND in the trash.......afterall i am an IN resident. I'm just in ND for work.
    :popcorn:

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    I just got a reminder postcard.

Dear Resident:

A few days ago, you should have received a request to participate in the 2010 Census.
    It was sent to your address as part of our effort to conduct the most accurate census possible.

It is important that you respond. If you have already provided your census information, please accept our sincere thanks. There is no need to provide your answers again.
    If you have not responded, please provide your information as soon as possible.

If you need help completing your questionnaire, please call 1-866-928-2010......... blah blah blah...
    It isn't even April 1st yet. WTF?
    The census clearly states, that the count is on the number of people living in your home on April 1st, 2010.

I would call and complain, but I'm not giving up my phone number. :)

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    I just got a reminder postcard.

It isn't even April 1st yet. WTF?
    The census clearly states, that the count is on the number of people living in your home on April 1st, 2010.

I would call and complain, but I'm not giving up my phone number. :)

Seriously... WTF!

I totally agree. I figured they were just waiting to see how many people responded BEFORE April 1st so they could go arrest them all for falsifying the document!

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I just got one of those post cards too. :rolleyes: How stupid... I wonder how much THOSE cost to mail out...

Top Bottom