• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How are you responding to the 2010 census mailing?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    I was upset. My mother filled out the ENTIRE paper for all of us. I was REALLY pissed. She still doesn't understand why.

Quit living with mom and get your own place and you will get your own census form. Her house, her form, her decision how it is filled out. You or your wife pay half the cell bill; big deal, you probably use most of the minutes. You or your wife pay for most of the food; bet your family eats most of it. People have gone through this arguement with you for a year and a half and you still don't get it; don't like the rules in your mothers home move out.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Very true, however, she had no right to answer the questions about our names/DOB/Race/etc. Just because it's her house doesn't give her the right to answer questions about us against our will.

There is a simple solution.....MOVE. Then you get your own census and can answer it however you see fit but I really don't see how anyone but the homeowner should answer it how they see fit.

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    If my elderly mother moves in with me, what then???

This whole census thing has me tied up in knots already!?! I mean, I had to get my crystal ball out in order to answer the questions about the future already, and now you guys start crippling my mother and moving her into my house! I CAN'T TAKE IT!

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Quit living with mom and get your own place and you will get your own census form. Her house, her form, her decision how it is filled out. You or your wife pay half the cell bill; big deal, you probably use most of the minutes. You or your wife pay for most of the food; bet your family eats most of it. People have gone through this arguement with you for a year and a half and you still don't get it; don't like the rules in your mothers home move out.

No, I get it. YOU don't get it and I'm not getting into this argument with you or anyone else. All I will say is that if it weren't for us my mother would have lost her house 2 years ago and if she loses her job next week, she'd lose it without us. You have no idea WHAT bills we pay or what we do around this house.

SO, being that we live here, pay the bills, fix the house, and are full grown adults, I'm pretty sure we have a say in what forms get filled out with what when the questions are about our PERSONAL information.

If a stranger comes to your house but your name isn't on the mortgage cause you're just helping out a family member, but this stranger starts asking for your personal information that you don't want given out... Wouldn't you be pissed if another family member gave that info out? Sure you would. This isn't any different.

Ok, well, maybe since your personal information is already government property you probably don't care, and I can't speak for anyone but my wife and I, but we don't like our personal information given to ANYONE without our permission.

What's so wrong about that? Oh, that's right. I don't OWN the home so it's ok for her to give out my personal info to anyone she pleases... :rolleyes:

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Actually I think there are more people who need to take the tinfoil hat off (or at least not wear it so darn tight :D)

I was going to use the "P" word but you are more diplomatic. I bet these people look under their bed every night before going to sleep. :rolleyes:

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    I would hope the word you were looking for was Protest.
    Sadly though for you it is Paranoia.
    Some people feel strong enough about an issue to stand up, others could care less and roll over.

There are a lot of things with this government that should be protested but I don't believe filling out the census form is one of them. You give more personal information when you apply for a drivers license or a gun permit. :twocents:

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Gotta do the Census!

I don't answer every question, or I just don't give the correct answer to some stuff that is none of their business, unlees they already know! But this is the way the Gov determines how many reps a state gets in the House. I've heard many experts predeict power shifting to the south cause every one is moving out of the RUST BELT.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I had a couple census ladies come up to the house today. Met them as they were getting out of the car with my 629 sticking out of my front jeans pocket.

She ask for the address and I said it's the same as it says down there on the mail box by the road.

She ask if this residence is the only one on the property occupied and I told her that was none of her business.

She said it's just one of the questions THEY told her to ask and I told her she could tell THEM when she get's back that I said it was none of their business.

They got in the car and left.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I had a couple census ladies come up to the house today. Met them as they were getting out of the car with my 629 sticking out of my front jeans pocket.

She ask for the address and I said it's the same as it says down there on the mail box by the road.

She ask if this residence is the only one on the property occupied and I told her that was none of her business.

She said it's just one of the questions THEY told her to ask and I told her she could tell THEM when she get's back that I said it was none of their business.

They got in the car and left.

Ohhh, yer my new hero!!! Facing down a couple women with that 629. That's gutsy!!

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    tin-foil-hat.jpg

Top Bottom