• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012

Damn... she was gorgeous!

I was going to judge this situation... but I wouldn't want to have to make that decision. Had the cop pulled this off he would have been a hero... I can judge him and call him a fool for what he did, but it doesn't change the fact that a young lady lost her life.

I believe the cop made a poor choice. He decided to gamble with the life of the person he came to protect rather than stay calm and take the chance he could talk the perp down. But I don't know if I could blame him....

For the rest of his life he is going to have to replay the moment and ask himself "what if"?

What if I hadn't pulled that shot?
    What if I had not pulled the trigger at all? Would I have been able to talk the perp down or would he have killed us both and maybe others?​

I feel bad for him and hope I'm never thrust in the same scenario.... Maybe in the heat of the moment I would have taken that shot? Maybe I would have talked him down... or maybe I'd be dead?

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    Feel bad for the cop, those situations suck. But if some ******* is gonna point a gun at me, it's not going to end well for him.

Also, I lol'd hard on everyone that said the cop was reckless, especially Mr. GI Joe. Let's see your stress shooting accuracy, and I'm not talking about paper or steel with some sirens and flashing lights in the background.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Damn... she was gorgeous!

I was going to judge this situation... but I wouldn't want to have to make that decision. Had the cop pulled this off he would have been a hero... I can judge him and call him a fool for what he did, but it doesn't change the fact that a young lady lost her life.

I believe the cop made a poor choice. He decided to gamble with the life of the person he came to protect rather than stay calm and take the chance he could talk the perp down. But I don't know if I could blame him....

For the rest of his life he is going to have to replay the moment and ask himself "what if"?

What if I hadn't pulled that shot?
    What if I had not pulled the trigger at all? Would I have been able to talk the perp down or would he have killed us both and maybe others?​

I feel bad for him and hope I'm never thrust in the same scenario.... Maybe in the heat of the moment I would have taken that shot? Maybe I would have talked him down... or maybe I'd be dead?

What if chickens fly out of my butt at any second? I don't carry around a bottle of barbecue sauce in case they do.

You can judge all you want, but because none of us were there and didn't see exactly how it went down, our opinions don't mean ****. Until you are faced with that situation, all your judgement is, is an opinion.

And for you and the other members that say you would have tried to negotiate with the guy, I say good luck with that. I tried negotiating with the guy that I shot and killed and he didn't want any part of it. Sometime there is time for talking, sometimes there isn't.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    If you've never had a gun pointed at you, then you're in no position to second guess someone who had a gun pointed at him because you have no idea how stressful that is.

If you've had a gun pointed at you, then you should know better than to second guess someone with a gun pointed at him, because you know how stressful that is.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Lest we forget, Mr. Scumbag Felon is responsible for the entire set of consequences that flowed from his act. He was the ONLY one acting with criminal intent.

And maybe the NY Parole Board can weigh in on why they decided to release a violent offender with an extensive criminal history.

Good that the NY legislature is spending time on gun control, and not on reforming the penal system.

Has his family spoken up yet about how he was such a good kid and would never do such a thing? Only a matter of time.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    So where were the hits located on the badguy?
    I'd like to know where the cop aimed, and where the hostage's hit location was relative to the aiming point on the badguy.

He may have picked the wrong area to shoot at, or there may have been movement of the hostage/badguy, or maybe just poor shooting (or any combination of the three).

Silhouette targets, 3 dot sights...........that crap doesn't train folks to thread the needle.

inccwchris

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    Southside of Indiana
    Good shoot or no, everyone here realizes that if one of the citizens that was there was packing and shot a hostage by accident they would be prosecuted and crucified in the media. I'm so sick of the double standard. If one of us would get prosecuted one of them should as well. This is the NYPD incident all over again.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Good shoot or no, everyone here realizes that if one of the citizens that was there was packing and shot a hostage by accident they would be prosecuted and crucified in the media. I'm so sick of the double standard. If one of us would get prosecuted one of them should as well. This is the NYPD incident all over again.

Do you have any examples of incidents where a legal gun owner intervened and was charged afterward?

Hayseed_40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Strongbadia
    I am surprised that no one else was hit by the cop based on how many of you were there in the room to witness exactly what happened.

Do you think the cop has slept since then? Every time he closes his eyes he will see the image of her last expression as she dies from his bullet. All you warriors need to pray that you never need to pull your weapon on anyone and even more, pray that you never need to pull the trigger.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Do you have any examples of incidents where a legal gun owner intervened and was charged afterward?

You know that's what would happen, and then all the only cops are trained enough nonsense would start etc. Heck, a guy in where was it, Fishers fired a warning shot at a dog and the police hemmed him up, a cop lights up a puppy 8 times and gets to give the family tickets.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    One thing that is actually being missed about this whole fiasco, is that this same department recently paid out a multi-million dollar settlement due to officers NOT intervening during a somewhat similar situiation, where a boyfriend ended up killing his girlfriend. This is a classic "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation.

And I'm loving the the criticism here... as if the perp was a paper target that gets shot multiple times and remains perfectly still. The guy put 7 rounds in the BG, during a high stress situation, with an eighth unfortunately killing the hostage. I've SEEN the shape of some of our members here, I can't imagine many could run a 1/4 mile, be handed a gun, and put rounds sufficiently on a target 15 yrds away.... let alone having the actual stress of a life or death situation..... in such case....

"Hide yo' kids, hide yo' wife, cause they shootin' up everybody out here."

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You know that's what would happen, and then all the only cops are trained enough nonsense would start etc. Heck, a guy in where was it, Fishers fired a warning shot at a dog and the police hemmed him up, a cop lights up a puppy 8 times and gets to give the family tickets.

Carmel, and if getting a summons to appear is your idea of being "hemmed up," then.... well.... uh.... you may be taking things too seriously.

Top Bottom