• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    You know that's what would happen, and then all the only cops are trained enough nonsense would start etc. Heck, a guy in where was it, Fishers fired a warning shot at a dog and the police hemmed him up, a cop lights up a puppy 8 times and gets to give the family tickets.

So what you are saying is you don't have any examples.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Here's one...

Homeowner accidentally shoots off-duty deputy who was touring home for sale | khou.com Houston

SAN ANOTNIO -- An off-duty Bexar County Sheriff's deputy was shot in the shoulder Wednesday evening.
    The shooting happened in the 2600 block of Grayson Way near Thousand Oaks.
    The deputy was in regular clothes and was with his wife, a real-estate agent, who was showing a home to a client, said Paul Berry, Bexar County Sheriff's Office spokesperson.

No charges filed... I mean, no one was "hemmed up."

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    One thing that is actually being missed about this whole fiasco, is that this same department recently paid out a multi-million dollar settlement due to officers NOT intervening during a somewhat similar situiation, where a boyfriend ended up killing his girlfriend. This is a classic "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation.

And I'm loving the the criticism here... as if the perp was a paper target that gets shot multiple times and remains perfectly still. The guy put 7 rounds in the BG, during a high stress situation, with an eighth unfortunately killing the hostage. I've SEEN the shape of some of our members here, I can't imagine many could run a 1/4 mile, be handed a gun, and put rounds sufficiently on a target 15 yrds away.... let alone having the actual stress of a life or death situation..... in such case....

"Hide yo' kids, hide yo' wife, cause they shootin' up everybody out here."

all kinds of win happening here

ChristMinded

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013

alexanjl12

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 17, 2010
    Westside Indy
    I've SEEN the shape of some of our members here, I can't imagine many could run a 1/4 mile, be handed a gun, and put rounds sufficiently on a target 15 yrds away.... let alone having the actual stress of a life or death situation..... in such case....

Hey now! I would imagine he DROVE to the scene, so the fact of whether or not I still have any breath left or the ability to make accurate shots after running 1/4 mile should not be allowed as comparison. :laugh:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Hey now! I would imagine he DROVE to the scene, so the fact of whether or not I still have any breath left or the ability to make accurate shots after running 1/4 mile should not be allowed as comparison. :laugh:

Contrar my good sir. The stress would easily trump the physical exertion.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    One thing that is actually being missed about this whole fiasco, is that this same department recently paid out a multi-million dollar settlement due to officers NOT intervening during a somewhat similar situiation, where a boyfriend ended up killing his girlfriend. This is a classic "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation.

And I'm loving the the criticism here... as if the perp was a paper target that gets shot multiple times and remains perfectly still. The guy put 7 rounds in the BG, during a high stress situation, with an eighth unfortunately killing the hostage. I've SEEN the shape of some of our members here, I can't imagine many could run a 1/4 mile, be handed a gun, and put rounds sufficiently on a target 15 yrds away.... let alone having the actual stress of a life or death situation..... in such case....

"Hide yo' kids, hide yo' wife, cause they shootin' up everybody out here."

Hey, round is a shape!

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

No, I just live in the real world and don't deny that a double standard exists. With this guy it's all he did the best he could, or you weren't there etc etc., you know if this was a non-leo it would be he should have waited for the police etc. or this is what happens when you have untrained people with guns. It would be an anti-gunners wet dream. When it all washes out in the end if it was a non-leo he would probably be all right but the treatment and attitudes would be totally different.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    No, I just live in the real world and don't deny that a double standard exists. With this guy it's all he did the best he could, or you weren't there etc etc., you know if this was a non-leo it would be he should have waited for the police etc. or this is what happens when you have untrained people with guns. It would be an anti-gunners wet dream. When it all washes out in the end if it was a non-leo he would probably be all right but the treatment and attitudes would be totally different.

So people can talk all the **** they want about the officer because some think he ****ed up, but if a non-LEO does something (that you can't provide an example of) and people talk **** about them, its not ok. Doesn't that count as a double standard?

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    So people can talk all the **** they want about the officer because some think he ****ed up, but if a non-LEO does something (that you can't provide an example of) and people talk **** about them, its not ok. Doesn't that count as a double standard?

This doesn't even make any sense. I didn't say you can't say anything if a non-leo was involved in a shoot, people MMQ those all the time here as well (hello, Zimmerman). I was just talking about this particular incidence and if it had been a non-leo it would have been viewed a lot differently. I've been careful in my posts in this case and haven't said anything really that critical towards the officer's actions. But I guess in the end none of us could have done any worse.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    But because this time it's LE he'll receive that treatment and attitude from you and the other regulars though, right?

Hypocrisy at it's best. :noway:

I really haven't been that critical of him so i'm not sure what you're referring to? I haven't heard a good account yet of what happened, how was she in a headlock? Was she upright face to face with him or in the more traditional headlock where her face would be lower toward his chest or stomach? Did he turn as he was getting shot which pulled her into the incoming fire? Maybe he was just a victim of training that as soon as he saw the gun he just started unloading COM until the threat was down like all those times on the range? I don't know. So :noway: to you too. It's probably safe to say if this was a non-leo put in this situation he wouldn't have been given such a pass.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    This doesn't even make any sense. I didn't say you can't say anything if a non-leo was involved in a shoot, people MMQ those all the time here as well (hello, Zimmerman). I was just talking about this particular incidence and if it had been a non-leo it would have been viewed a lot differently. I've been careful in my posts in this case and haven't said anything really that critical towards the officer's actions. But I guess in the end none of us could have done any worse.

Go ahead, be critical. You were obviously there and know exactly how things went down.

Top Bottom