• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Beech Grove, IN
    Personally I don't have an issue with open carry, but thinking through the eyes of a business, if Hooters or anyone else asked their customer base if they'd rather "see" guns or not, I'd bet most would say not.

looney_left1_11.jpg

aijk

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 21, 2010
    Eminence
    I just sent a message to see if the computer sends out the same generic message the other people said they got.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Yeah, we should just sit down & shut up. That's always been the most effective form of protest...right? :dunno:

If we never make our opinions known then they never have a reason to change their policies. If we do & they don't then at least we tried.

If they were of the type to edit an email to bolster an anti-gun agenda then whats to keep them from just making it up in the first place?

Honestly, why protest? They have established their rules. They don't want guns on their property. So comply, either by leaving your gun in the car or by not going there. It's pretty simple.

I don't understand the need to get worked up. Their business. Their property. Their rules.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Hooters response.

Dear Mr. Greenwood:
    We at the Hooters Hotline received your comments regarding our concealed policy policy. Thank you for taking the time to contact us. We genuinely apologized if it has caused any inconvenience.
    In areas where concealed weapons are allowed, we do post a sign that says ‘firearms and other weapons are not permitted on the premises. Thankfully, it is a choice we have the freedom to make. We respect those customers who decide not to patronize our business because of this decision.
    We do hope that this information is helpful. However, if you would like more information about us, please visit us on the Web at www.hooters.com.
    Thanks so much for writing, Mr. Greenwood. We appreciate your interest and look forward to seeing you in one of our neighborhood restaurants soon.
    Sincerely,
    Rama
    Hooters Hotline...We give a Hoot!

P.S. Please retain the ticket number located below. This will help us locate your information should you need us again.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    Honestly, why protest? They have established their rules. They don't want guns on their property. So comply, either by leaving your gun in the car or by not going there. It's pretty simple.

I don't understand the need to get worked up. Their business. Their property. Their rules.

Understanding that there was one comment about an OC event there, that withstanding I think this thread is inferring exactly what you stated in your last sentence. I don't think that the overall tone of the thread was that of mass protest. Just that of simply letting the corporation know of our disappointment in their decision to disarm the honest people. I mean, how long does it take to copy paste or hell even write out an e-mail.

It is their right to ask patrons with guns to leave and it's our right to not go there, which is my choice. But do you really think the criminals are going to abide by their gun free zone tactics? It doesn't work, and has been proven over and over again. Its just bad business in this day and age for business's to be turning away honest, legal gun-totin' customers for fear of scaring the sheeple.

How's that saying go again, "when seconds count, the police are minutes away"

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    I just sent a message to see if the computer sends out the same generic message the other people said they got.

Hooters response.

Dear Mr. Greenwood:
    We at the Hooters Hotline received your comments regarding our concealed policy policy. Thank you for taking the time to contact us. We genuinely apologized if it has caused any inconvenience.
    In areas where concealed weapons are allowed, we do post a sign that says ‘firearms and other weapons are not permitted on the premises. Thankfully, it is a choice we have the freedom to make. We respect those customers who decide not to patronize our business because of this decision.
    We do hope that this information is helpful. However, if you would like more information about us, please visit us on the Web at www.hooters.com.
    Thanks so much for writing, Mr. Greenwood. We appreciate your interest and look forward to seeing you in one of our neighborhood restaurants soon.
    Sincerely,
    Rama

P.S. Please retain the ticket number located below. This will help us locate your information should you need us again.

It's the same thing I got back. I like them to know that I don't like their policy and won't eat there.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Understanding that there was one comment about an OC event there, that withstanding I think this thread is inferring exactly what you stated in your last sentence. I don't think that the overall tone of the thread was that of mass protest. Just that of simply letting the corporation know of our disappointment in their decision to disarm the honest people. I mean, how long does it take to copy paste or hell even write out an e-mail.

It is their right to ask patrons with guns to leave and it's our right to not go there, which is my choice. But do you really think the criminals are going to abide by their gun free zone tactics? It doesn't work, and has been proven over and over again. Its just bad business in this day and age for business's to be turning away honest, legal gun-totin' customers for fear of scaring the sheeple.

How's that saying go again, "when seconds count, the police are minutes away"

From what I've seen Hooters has an email response stating that you are welcome, but your guns are not. It's well crafted, and uses the word freedom in the context it should be used in - they are free to make their own decision how their property will, or will not, be used. Corporately they have obviously thought about the ramifications of their decision and stand by it. It is their absolute right to do so.

I didn't say anything about mass protest. Everyone knows the rules. Either follow them or don't go there.

Everything else you said starting with "But do you really think" is totally irrelevent. Hooters made a decision and established their use policy. It's for you to decide if you will conform or not. If so, fine. If not, fine.

I don't understand the "I will do whatever I want and go there and eat with my gun screw them because they can't tell me what to do" attitude. Would anyone have a stranger just walk into their house and sit down on the couch and change the channel? Go get themselves a beer out of the fridge, throw in a microwave dinner, without so much as a hello? No. None of us would tolerate that. Why? Because it is our property and we alone are entitled to decide how it will be used. It frightens me that people demand respect for their own property yet have no respect at all for other's.

Last edited:

KCJarman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2011
    Noblesville
    The state of Indiana has given those that posses a LTCH the right to do so. If an individual posses a handgun and the permit while choosing to eat at a Hooters, I say "cover it up and go in and eat." I will not leave my gun in the car, but Hooters is well within their right to ask me to leave if they so choose and I would comply without complaint.

I carry OC and CC, depending upon the environment. I appreciate knowing that Hooters is not the environment to OC and I can respect that. But Hooters will not disarm me as a patron.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    SemperFi, the difference between your house and a Hooters is that your house is not open for the public to enter at will. Hooters invites people in by opening their doors and asking people to come patronize their establishments.

And your house probably doesn't have dozens of scantily clad girls bringing you wings and beer.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    SemperFi, the difference between your house and a Hooters is that your house is not open for the public to enter at will. Hooters invites people in by opening their doors and asking people to come patronize their establishments.

And your house probably doesn't have dozens of scantily clad girls bringing you wings and beer.

Hooters is NOT open for the public to enter at will. They are open to provide a product to the public under the terms and conditions they (Hooters) set. They have an absolute right to refuse or terminate service to anyone, for any or no reason whatsoever.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn

Hold on now, Hammerhead. I think you're making rash judgements about someone you really don't know anything about. :dunno:

I mean, the guy's a MARINE (I think)! His screen name is in bold blue letters! This guys cooler than...oh, I don't know...SOMEBODY REALLY COOL!

Far be it for you to claim he dosn't have any scantily clad women at home serving his every whim.

:D

:laugh:

(just so there's no confusion, semperfi, I'm just kidding you.)

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    I didn't say Hooters was open for people to enter at will, I said they opened their doors and invited people in. I said your house wasn't open to people entering at will.

And finity, they don't call 'em Uncle Sam's Misguided Children for nothing.

MtnBiker6510

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    My Father & I go to Hooters every Christmas season out of tradition. This upcoming Christmas will be the 1st since I have my LTCH. I sent an email to see if I could get a response regarding company policy. This what what I got back just minutes ago:

"Dear Sir:
    We at the Hooters Hotline received your inquiry regarding firearms in our stores. Thank you for taking the time to contact us.
    In areas where concealed weapons are allowed, we do post a sign that says ‘firearms and other weapons are not permitted on the premises.’ Thankfully, it is a choice we have the freedom to make. We respect those customers who decide not to patronize our business because of this decision.
    Thanks so much for writing. We appreciate your interest and look forward to seeing you in one of our neighborhood restaurants soon.
    Sincerely,
    Dennis Charles

8000519354"
    I will probably still go to Hooters this Christmas season as its our tradition. I don't like their food, but my Dad likes to flirt with the waitresses.

bassplayrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    Greenwood BW3 has always been kind to me OC'ing there for years. I'd love to have some fellow OC'ers there... I've never noticed anyone other than myself.
    I OC in there. I started OCing in there because someone said they had a sign that stated no handguns but they don't and have never given me any problems.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    My Father & I go to Hooters every Christmas season out of tradition. This upcoming Christmas will be the 1st since I have my LTCH. I sent an email to see if I could get a response regarding company policy. This what what I got back just minutes ago:

"Dear Sir:
    We at the Hooters Hotline received your inquiry regarding firearms in our stores. Thank you for taking the time to contact us.
    In areas where concealed weapons are allowed, we do post a sign that says ‘firearms and other weapons are not permitted on the premises.’ Thankfully, it is a choice we have the freedom to make. We respect those customers who decide not to patronize our business because of this decision.
    Thanks so much for writing. We appreciate your interest and look forward to seeing you in one of our neighborhood restaurants soon.
    Sincerely,
    Dennis Charles

8000519354"
    I will probably still go to Hooters this Christmas season as its our tradition. I don't like their food, but my Dad likes to flirt with the waitresses.

Same form letter. Imagine that.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    The thing that I find hilarious about this issue at least at this particular business is that arguably the demographics that they hope to attract with their, um, business model probably overlaps the gunowners community by quite a lot. I can't understand how they truly believe that their clientele is put off by the sight of weapons.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The state of Indiana has given those that posses a LTCH the right to do so. If an individual posses a handgun and the permit while choosing to eat at a Hooters, I say "cover it up and go in and eat." I will not leave my gun in the car, but Hooters is well within their right to ask me to leave if they so choose and I would comply without complaint.

I carry OC and CC, depending upon the environment. I appreciate knowing that Hooters is not the environment to OC and I can respect that. But Hooters will not disarm me as a patron.

So you are an accomplice to their policy.

Top Bottom