printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Why do they call them Hooters anyhow?? :scratch:

I've held a bunch on them up to my ear and I have yet to hear one make a sound.

:dunno:

Another mystery of the universe I guess.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    i've OC'D in that paticular hooters many times (we have friends in new whiteland we go see a lot) and many other hooters, never had one problem.....weird

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Galveston
    I sent this message via the Hooter's Hotline:

"It has been brought to my attention via INGunOwners.com that the Greenwood, IN location is unfriendly towards gun owners. He (manager) approached some INGO members that were carrying firearms and told them to remove the guns or leave. The front doors have no stickers indicating firearms are banned. The manager also claims that it is Hooters policy that firearms are not allowed on site.

INGunOwners.com is a public forum with over 15,000 members that concentrate on firearms and related topics. We strive to keep each other informed of companies that are anti-Second Amendment.

I would like a follow up reply from someone knowledgeable about this type of policy at Hooters. If it is confirmed that you are pro-gun I will patronize your business. If it is confirmed that Hooters is anti-gun then I will cease spending money at any Hooters locations, and I will be sure to inform the 15,000 members of INGO that you do not want their money either.

NO GUNS = NO MONEY "

Hooters Hotline Response:
    "Dear Mr. Cardwell:

We at the Hooters Hotline received your inquiry regarding our concealed weapons policy. Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

In areas where concealed weapons are allowed, we do post a sign that says ‘firearms and other weapons are not permitted on the premises.’ Thankfully, it is a choice we have the freedom to make. We respect those customers who decide not to patronize our business because of this decision.

We do hope that this information is helpful. However, if you would like more information about us, please visit us on the Web at www.hooters.com.

Thanks so much for writing, Mr. Cardwell. We appreciate your interest and look forward to seeing you in one of our neighborhood restaurants soon.

Sincerely,

Dennis Charles
    Hooters Hotline...We give a Hoot!"

My final response:
    "Mr. Charles,

Thank you for your quick response. I understand your policy, and yes, thankfully we all have freedoms to make our own decisions in this country. My decision is to refrain from spending any money with the Hooters restaurants. As promised, I will be forwarding your decision throughout the firearms community."

TREETOP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    Carmel/Westfield
    "In areas where concealed weapons are allowed, we do post a sign that says ‘firearms and other weapons are not permitted on the premises.’ "

I'm starting to grow very weary of people who are unable to put a sentence together to mean what they intended for it to mean.

They obviously meant "where weapons are NOT allowed", but the wording as written means the exact opposite. Goofballs.
    It seems they're not understanding that open carry is just as legal as concealed carry, either.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    You forgot to add that those signs do not hold the weight of law in IN and that even if posted, mean jack squat.

And his stock closing statements are hilarious. They hope to see you in their store after telling you you're not welcome, and that "they give a hoot".

+1 though.

Last edited:

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    "In areas where concealed weapons are allowed, we do post a sign that says ‘firearms and other weapons are not permitted on the premises.’ "

I'm starting to grow very weary of people who are unable to put a sentence together to mean what they intended for it to mean.

They obviously meant "where weapons are NOT allowed", but the wording as written means the exact opposite. Goofballs.
    It seems they're not understanding that open carry is just as legal as concealed carry, either.

Either you forgot the purple or they meant exactly what they said. If the area (state) allows carry of firearms, Hooters does not. That is enough for me to stop going there. Which makes me sad. But what do you expect from a faceless corporation that makes millions a year. I am guessing that Mr. Dennis Charles underestimates the power of the firearm owning community. Time to start letting all our friends know about this.

Time to find out what other companies Chanticleer Holdings owns as well.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    Harley, can you give us the email that you used to contact them? or did you use the general "contact us" link on the hotline site?

Top Bottom