• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    I just talked to the manager of the Castleton Hooters, who was very sweet and definitely not anti-gun herself. However, she made some calls, and apparently upper Hooters management is very much aware of this thread, has discussed their firearm policy, and any Indiana stores that do not already have "No Firearms" signs on the front doors will have them very soon.

Looks like we might have taken a step backward.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I just talked to the manager of the Castleton Hooters, who was very sweet and definitley not anti-gun herself. However, she made some calls, and apparently upper Hooters management is very much aware of this thread, has discussed their firearm policy, and any Indiana stores that do not already have "No Firearms" signs on the front doors will have them very soon.

Shameful.... and now they will be "looking" for people that CC/OC. Does Hooters own anything else?

IBbutthesignsdontcarryweightoflaw

Oliver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009

Although I DO wish that all Hooters restaurants would simply realize what a mistake they're making and reconsider their policy regarding firearms, I don't really think it's a step backward. I would rather a company be forthcoming and have a complete stance on a subject rather them have a few managers here and there try to make the customers happy.
    I can now say SCREW ALL THE HOOTERS!! .....wait a sec...haha

Hooker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    NW IN
    Never been in a Hooters, ever. I find the entire concept insulting. However, now I have ANOTHER reason for spending money elsewhere.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Just met with a vendor there for lunch today; the sign is about 6" square and positioned so that unless you look for it you won't see it. I asked the manager about it and he defended it. I asked him if he recognized me and he said; "Sure, I see you in here all the time". I told him to take a picture because I would be steering all my vendor lunches elsewhere from now on. He responded with the corporate "right to choose" stance.

And yes the GM at the Castleton store is a sweetie, no doubt one of the best waitresses they ever had down here at the Greenwood store prior to moving up the corporate ladder.

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    Signs don't carry weight of law.

I didn't suggest that they do. But the signs are the manifestation of an apparently new corporate policy that prohibits firearms in all area Hooters stores (when before their policy seemed to vary from store to store). And once an employee observes you violating that policy and asks you to leave, you must vacate the premises or be subject to prosecution for criminal trespass. See Ind. Code 35-43-2-2.

And speaking of signs and criminal trespass, be wary of this section of the statute:

"(a) A person who:
    (1) not having a contractual interest in the property, knowingly enters the real property of another person after having been denied entry by that other person or that person's agent;

commits criminal trespass, a Class A Misdemeanor.

(b) A person has been denied entry under subdivision (a)(1) of this section when the person has been denied entry be means of:
    (1) personal communication, oral or written;
    (2) posting or exhibiting a notice at the main entrance in a manner that is either prescribed by law or likely to come to the attention of the public."

Generally speaking, "no firearms" signs - just like "no shirt, no shoes, no service" signs - are generally thought to merely control conduct according to the landowner's policies, not "deny entry" like a "no trespassing" sign. However, be wary of signs that might be construed to truly "deny entry" to anyone carrying a firearm.

Last edited:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    So, what is BW3's stance on carry? While the scenery isn't the same, we can get our wings from somewhere else.

I know that the Castleton location doesn't seem to care, as I used to carry (open) there regularly.

$mooth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Texas
    So, what is BW3's stance on carry? While the scenery isn't the same, we can get our wings from somewhere else.

I know that the Castleton location doesn't seem to care, as I used to carry (open) there regularly.
    I just hit the $.35 wings their (Lawrence) this week and those were some freakin anorexic birds. Good flavor, but really weak on meat. 12 wings and I was still hungry. I don't normally go to hooters, but I considered going their for wings. There's gotta be some decent wing place around me without going to wingstop in Greenwood.

Oliver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Wings etc is better than both imo. Theres one up north around 100ish and michigan. Brownsburg, and avon.

gunrights

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2008
    South Bend
    Bar Stool Discussion LIVE tonight

It is on our lineup of discussion tonight to talk about extinguishments that do not allow legal gun owners to carry their firearms on their property.

It's a live show and we would welcome phone calls.

Instructions here for calling in.
    Bar Stool Discussion LIVE

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    Ahhh, scooped by the man himself!

I was just about to come in here and post about it being discussed on the barstool tonight. I will be tuning in.

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    They're food sucks anyway. Can't say that about the view...

i agree. their beer is nasty. their wings are greasy. but their girls are hot. but why tease yourself if you can't touch?

back on topic though -- my buddy carries his firearm (open and concealed) into that hooters all the time. we've never had any problems.

expect for that one time that cop pulled him over after leaving hooters for riding a motorcycle and carrying a firearm, but that is a different topic.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I didn't suggest that they do. But the signs are the manifestation of an apparently new corporate policy that prohibits firearms in all area Hooters stores (when before their policy seemed to vary from store to store). And once an employee observes you violating that policy and asks you to leave, you must vacate the premises or be subject to prosecution for criminal trespass. See Ind. Code 35-43-2-2.

And speaking of signs and criminal trespass, be wary of this section of the statute:

"(a) A person who:
    (1) not having a contractual interest in the property, knowingly enters the real property of another person after having been denied entry by that other person or that person's agent;

commits criminal trespass, a Class A Misdemeanor.

(b) A person has been denied entry under subdivision (a)(1) of this section when the person has been denied entry be means of:
    (1) personal communication, oral or written;
    (2) posting or exhibiting a notice at the main entrance in a manner that is either prescribed by law or likely to come to the attention of the public."

Generally speaking, "no firearms" signs - just like "no shirt, no shoes, no service" signs - are generally thought to merely control conduct according to the landowner's policies, not "deny entry" like a "no trespassing" sign. However, be wary of signs that might be construed to truly "deny entry" to anyone carrying a firearm.

Actually, my post was for kutnupe14's benefit. Where were you when we had this huge discussion in the St. Mary's thread?

$mooth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Texas
    i agree. their beer is nasty. their wings are greasy. but their girls are hot. but why tease yourself if you can't touch?

Can't remember where I heard a comedian talk about Hooters being the worst idea ever. Something about combining a restaurant, where the food sucks, with a strip club, where the girls don't get naked.

Top Bottom