• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Beech Grove, IN
    /QUOTE]

You're going to the wrong Hooters, brother.

large_hooters3.JPG

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Greenwood BW3 has always been kind to me OC'ing there for years. I'd love to have some fellow OC'ers there... I've never noticed anyone other than myself.

BW3s may be friendly, but where's all the practically nekkid women at? Down the street at Hooters.

I've only been to Hooters once, their wings were decent but their Philly Cheesesteak was killer!

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Jut sent this to them.

I just recently became aware that you discriminate against law abiding citizens that wish to protect themselves and others by kicking legally armed citizens out of your stores. I just wanted to inform you that I will no longer visit your stores and take my business elsewhere. I will also be telling everyone I know to do the same. Lets just hope for your sake that I only know a handful of people.

Sincerely,
    Alan Greenwood

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    I'm not allowed to go to Hooter's often anyway so I'm safe with a boycott.

Perhaps you should go look in your wife's purse for your sac so you can reattach it.

I like their wings too, but I don't get there often either. On the other hand, the wife likes their food too, so she's generally with me when I do go. She doesn't have my sac in her purse, but she stays close enough to rip it off if I misbehave.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Perhaps you should go look in your wife's purse for your sac so you can reattach it.

I like their wings too, but I don't get there often either. On the other hand, the wife likes their food too, so she's generally with me when I do go. She doesn't have my sac in her purse, but she stays close enough to rip it off if I misbehave.

:):

Maybe "allowed" isn't the right word. It's definitely uncomfortable with the icy death stares I get. :bash:

BearArms

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    I have OCed there many times over the past couple years and never had a problem. They have the BEST WINGS hands down.

I will continue to eat there and OC/CC while I'm there. Nobody will probably say anything to me either. I'm not LEO either.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    E-mail I sent, feel free to use as necessary:
    It has been brought to my attention that your corporation is unfriendly toward legal gun owners & carriers, via the Indiana Gun Owners forum (ingunowners.com). I just want to express my disappointment in your decision to disarm myself and other legal gun owning customers of your establishment. By prohibiting all weapons, you have disarmed and made helpless anyone who enters your store—except for criminals, who won’t follow your policy anyway. In essence, you’ve made your store more dangerous for patrons & their families, who carry legally, and safer for criminals. It has been proven multiple times over that only law abiding citizens follow gun restrictions. Criminals are going to be criminals regardless of your company policy. Please consider changing your policy. Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Got a response a couple of days ago, hadn't gotten around to posting it:
    Dear Mr. SideArmed:
    We at the Hooters Hotline received your comments regarding our concealed weapons policy. Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

In areas where concealed weapons are allowed, we do post a sign that says ‘firearms and other weapons are not permitted on the premises.’ Thankfully, it is a choice we have the freedom to make. We respect those customers who decide not to patronize our business because of this decision.

We have forwarded your comments to the appropriate Hooters representative for their review. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience.

Thanks so much for writing, Mr. SideArmed. We appreciate your interest and look forward to seeing you in one of our neighborhood restaurants soon.

Sincerely,
    Dennis Charles
    Hooters Hotline...We give a Hoot!

P.S. Please retain the ticket number located below. This will help us locate your information should you need us again.

grogie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Wheeling Around Indy

Got a response a couple of days ago, hadn't gotten around to posting it:

Personally I don't have an issue with open carry, but thinking through the eyes of a business, if Hooters or anyone else asked their customer base if they'd rather "see" guns or not, I'd bet most would say not.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Personally I don't have an issue with open carry, but thinking through the eyes of a business, if Hooters or anyone else asked their customer base if they'd rather "see" guns or not, I'd bet most would say not.

...and your point is? :dunno:

Personally I don't have an issue with (guys with pocket protectors), but thinking through the eyes of a business, if Hooters or anyone else asked their customer base if they'd rather "see" (guys with pocket protectors) or not, I'd bet most would say not.

Insert anything you like in the brackets above.. a race, a gender, a sexual orientation, a style of dress, a religion, a Patriots fan, etc etc.

How about:
    Personally I don't have an issue with (transvestites), but thinking through the eyes of a business, if Hooters or anyone else asked their customer base if they'd rather "see" (transvestites) or not, I'd bet most would say not.

Get my point?

Why would you, as a gun owner, feel it is acceptable to discriminate against one of your own kind?

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    All the letter writing and emails are nothing but ammunition that is easily used against us a group and enforces the views some have of us. Not to mention typed words can be edited or deleted to expand their cause.

Yeah, we should just sit down & shut up. That's always been the most effective form of protest...right? :dunno:

If we never make our opinions known then they never have a reason to change their policies. If we do & they don't then at least we tried.

If they were of the type to edit an email to bolster an anti-gun agenda then whats to keep them from just making it up in the first place?

loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy
    There are plenty of establishments that do not mind OC, I even manage one:).

Top Bottom