• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lowe0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I think we should be talking about how critically important it is to manipulate the government to force all of us to endorse everyone else's definition of "marriage." That's far, far more important than our inherent human right to self-defense and by extension the individual right to keep and bear arms.

What would be the point? We already covered that earlier, and nothing's changed since then.
    Absolutely! World civilization rests on being able to bang whatever gender or whatever species you want! After all, we have to be more progressive than the ISIS guy caught on film drilling the donkey!
    Grow up.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Bill, I suppose that the difference is that I have reached that point in life, albeit prematurely, where I am getting tired. I am tired of being locked into the rat race where even winning grants nothing beyond the distinction of being the fastest rat. I am tired, by extension of finding myself standing as a 'human doing' rather than a human being. I am tired of fighting against stupidity on terms in which I am generally guaranteed to lose.

My single biggest irritation is that what I really want is simply to be left alone as our founders intended, but instead have to deal with people who not only are asshats but insist on imposing their asshattery on everyone else. As I see it, right now we are in the intermission, a period in which life is neither peaceful nor pleasant in the sense it was at one time in our history when a person really didn't have to worry about this nonsense and the point at which the inevitable happens.

You are absolutely right that no sane person actually wants to be in the midst of flying lead. As that goes, in my reckoning, no sane person wants to be dependent on the supplies he has in the basement with outside supplies no longer existing apart from the rare fortuitous find stemming from someone else's stored goods that are either traded or, well, no longer needed by their original owners. That doesn't change the fact that it is a virtually guaranteed outcome. At this point, so far as I am concerned, the best I can do is to prepare the best I can for what assuredly is coming and seeing to it that my nieces and nephews are prepared in every regard, particularly in the understanding they will need to survive difficult times.

At the end of the day, if I can perfect a number of things I intend to do toward supplying my own food and then teach the kids how to do these things, teach them how to protect themselves, and most important teach them as they become old enough to understand the importance of the principles upon which the republic was founded, I will feel that I have succeeded. If I can pick up a few converts along the way, I will also consider that a victory. On the other hand, I have learned the hard way that trying to make converts has a tendency to pour time and resources down rat holes which could otherwise be used productively. The unfortunate truth is that you get more of what you subsidize, and the most insidious result of Johnson's highly-touted Great Society is not the obscene amounts of money stolen and wasted, but rather the sheer number of people who have responded to the subsidy on uselessness aside for voting for those who perpetuate the subsidy. The net result is that there is an undue influence on our republic by people who bring nothing but greed and stupidity to the table in the complete absence of principle--the epitome of Ayn Rand's looters and moochers. No amount of reason will change this.

With love and respect to everyone else on the thread, this ^^^.

I'm tired of being a cruise director/recruiter/evangelist for the SS Leave Me Alone and Mind Your Own Business I Don't Want to Play Your Pinko Games Any Longer

MTI2MTM4NzY4NjIwMDU2NTQ2.jpg

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    That was the one most important nail that England used to finalize their gun, knife or anything resembling a weapon. They used children not facts. That unleashed a wave of crime, riots and terrorism that they are working hard to hide or even control. It's absurd to think everyone can be safe if the thugs and gang bangers have no fear of reprisal.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    As to #4...Krystalnacht. Their thugs get the home addresses of the gun owners who may disagree with them and off they go in a mob to terrorize one homeowner at a time. Break in, search for guns (and money and jewels) destroy your home and move on to the next place.

Unfortunately, people have been found to follow orders no matter how egregious in the past. History is replete with examples of local government officials both 'law' enforcement and military following orders and shooting subjects who are following common sense gun laws. Some will resist, but an unfortunate many will pull that trigger.

In Germany, there were a few examples of regular folks using their firearms to protect those being attacked, and they were generally successful, but they were too few to be effective. It is why we must not be too few, and not allow any government to disarm us.

Let us not forget that citizen army Obama was promoting at one point. I think the praetorians might be quite happy to smash down doors and terrorize plebians on behalf of the emperor.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Let us not forget that citizen army Obama was promoting at one point. I think the praetorians might be quite happy to smash down doors and terrorize plebians on behalf of the emperor.

Yes, especially if they are predictably hand-selected from classes which, well, are nursing a grievance against those likely to be 'bitter clingers'.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    My only question as asked is what this will do to private sales, will we all have to transfer all private sales?
    i do remember the AWB of Sep 03 or 04, and we thought that would never amount to anything. Remember when AK's looked like AK's? Any of these laws recently work in California?

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Yes, especially if they are predictably hand-selected from classes which, well, are nursing a grievance against those likely to be 'bitter clingers'.

He did propose that in 2008, and there's been little visible activity since then. Maybe out-of-country training, clandestine entry, and then the sleepers wake...?

The Obama transition team declined to comment on Broun's remarks. But spokesman Tommy Vietor said Obama was referring in the speech to a proposal for a civilian reserve corps that could handle postwar reconstruction efforts such as rebuilding infrastructure — an idea endorsed by the Bush administration.Broun said he believes Obama would move to ban gun ownership if he does build a national security force.
    Obama has said he respects the Second Amendment right to bear arms and favors "common sense" gun laws. Gun rights advocates interpret that as meaning he'll at least enact curbs on ownership of assault weapons and concealed weapons. As an Illinois state lawmaker, Obama supported a ban on semiautomatic weapons and tighter restrictions on firearms generally.
    http://www.nbcnews.com/id/27655039/...t/congressman-obama-wants-gestapo-like-force/

:tinfoil:

If he were to declare martial law and suspend the election, Hillary might be our best ally yet. :D

Of course, in 2008 he was against same-sex marriage, too...

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    My only question as asked is what this will do to private sales, will we all have to transfer all private sales?
    i do remember the AWB of Sep 03 or 04, and we thought that would never amount to anything. Remember when AK's looked like AK's? Any of these laws recently work in California?

Did they work? That depends on your definition. They didn't work to stop any crime, which is what the authors claimed to want, but they did a great job of reducing the number of legal firearms in that Godforsaken state, which is what the authors probably really wanted.

Blessings,
    Bill

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere

Yes indeed. If anyone thinks that is not what he has in mind they are either delusional or a part of the team.

silverspoon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Bloomfield
    I have one question. How will they know if a person involved in private sales has sold more than an arbitrary number they come up with? Meaning how do they intend to keep track of that and enforce it?

Not sure how they can. I believe they are trying to stop the joe blows at the gun shows with the signs that read "private seller" or "private collection". It's all a load of crap anyway. Obama just wants the anti's to believe he's doing something while he does nothing.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Not sure how they can. I believe they are trying to stop the joe blows at the gun shows with the signs that read "private seller" or "private collection". It's all a load of crap anyway. Obama just wants the anti's to believe he's doing something while he does nothing.

Most of this....But, he'll close the so-called loopholes, then announce it as advancement towards more common sense gun laws, then state "but there's still more work to be done"

Top Bottom