• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Not saying that it should not be opposed. Not saying we should not punch back twice as hard.

I am saying that there is no reason to go running around the conference table flailing our hands.

OK, I won't presume to argue what you do or don't mean. Your previous post presented the impression that you didn't take it seriously and don't believe that it realistically could happen, and that you have a level of faith in the pushback that I wouldn't share.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    What would you propose we (I am the NRA) do?

Nothing yet. Let's see what it is. All we have is scuttlebutt. Let's sit down, take off our shoes and read it.

Your previous post presented the impression that you didn't take it seriously and don't believe that it realistically could happen, and that you have a level of faith in the pushback that I wouldn't share.

I take it seriously, but it does not set my hair on fire (the first one to say something smart about my slightly receding hairline or alleged combover . . . ). Let's not go full Yeager and say anything silly. Safeties on, sling 'em.

Where others see crisis and ruin, I see a political opportunity. Really, want us to run background checks for a small number of sales. FFLs then come in cereal boxes as the originally were issued.

AND . . . now would be a great time to push my FCL.:D

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Dave,
    I can't agree with you. What it sounds like you're saying is that the situation is hopeless and we should all go hide in the bunkers today. After all, we're going to lose, and they're going to come knocking at the doors for the guns and we'll have to shoot them all and die when those bunkers get hit like the Branch Davidians; that or they'll have the modern-day Lon Horiuchi there to Randy Weaver us. There's no hope, no help. The chair is against the wall and John has a long mustache.

I do hear you. I'm tired, too. Like you, I just want to "be". Like you, I just want to be left alone to live my life and enjoy the time I have here and the family that surrounds me. Unlike you, at least from the sound of that post, I'm not willing to let liberty go down without fighting to keep her alive. Maybe that's the medic in me. Maybe you're older or maybe not, I don't know, and maybe you've fought this more than I have. Again, I don't know.

All I can say is that if you're ready to give up and head to the bunker, I wish you well. I hope things work out how you want them to... for that matter, how we both want them to. I want liberty, and I want freedom... real freedom, not Mother May I playacting. I can't stop Obama from issuing his EOs. No one can stop him from issuing them. I'm going to make sure people know that they violate the Constitution. Will people care? Some will, some won't. Hell, most probably won't. Don't care. Still doing it. Again, I wish you well, whatever your chosen course of action or inaction.

Blessings,
    Bill

Bill, I suppose that the difference is that I have reached that point in life, albeit prematurely, where I am getting tired. I am tired of being locked into the rat race where even winning grants nothing beyond the distinction of being the fastest rat. I am tired, by extension of finding myself standing as a 'human doing' rather than a human being. I am tired of fighting against stupidity on terms in which I am generally guaranteed to lose.

My single biggest irritation is that what I really want is simply to be left alone as our founders intended, but instead have to deal with people who not only are asshats but insist on imposing their asshattery on everyone else. As I see it, right now we are in the intermission, a period in which life is neither peaceful nor pleasant in the sense it was at one time in our history when a person really didn't have to worry about this nonsense and the point at which the inevitable happens.

You are absolutely right that no sane person actually wants to be in the midst of flying lead. As that goes, in my reckoning, no sane person wants to be dependent on the supplies he has in the basement with outside supplies no longer existing apart from the rare fortuitous find stemming from someone else's stored goods that are either traded or, well, no longer needed by their original owners. That doesn't change the fact that it is a virtually guaranteed outcome. At this point, so far as I am concerned, the best I can do is to prepare the best I can for what assuredly is coming and seeing to it that my nieces and nephews are prepared in every regard, particularly in the understanding they will need to survive difficult times.

At the end of the day, if I can perfect a number of things I intend to do toward supplying my own food and then teach the kids how to do these things, teach them how to protect themselves, and most important teach them as they become old enough to understand the importance of the principles upon which the republic was founded, I will feel that I have succeeded. If I can pick up a few converts along the way, I will also consider that a victory. On the other hand, I have learned the hard way that trying to make converts has a tendency to pour time and resources down rat holes which could otherwise be used productively. The unfortunate truth is that you get more of what you subsidize, and the most insidious result of Johnson's highly-touted Great Society is not the obscene amounts of money stolen and wasted, but rather the sheer number of people who have responded to the subsidy on uselessness aside for voting for those who perpetuate the subsidy. The net result is that there is an undue influence on our republic by people who bring nothing but greed and stupidity to the table in the complete absence of principle--the epitome of Ayn Rand's looters and moochers. No amount of reason will change this.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Like you, I just want to "be". Like you, I just want to be left alone to live my life and enjoy the time I have here and the family that surrounds me.

But that can never happen. The foundation of the Left is that Man is infinitely malleable. Plastic. He can be molded like potter's clay into The New Soviet Man or American 2.0 or whatever.

Shaping that clay involves a lot of hands on you.:D

How did Trotsky put it . . . :D

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    But that can never happen. The foundation of the Left is that Man is infinitely malleable. Plastic. He can be molded like potter's clay into The New Soviet Man or American 2.0 or whatever.

Shaping that clay involves a lot of hands on you.:D

Not me, I have already been shaped and molded ..... by the BEST !!!!!

My 3 USMC Drill Instructors .....

The Change, is FOREVER !!!!!

I am not as lean,

I am not as mean,

BUT I am STILL, a U S MARINE !!!!!

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    As I said somewhere else: where are our representatives and senators that will push back? We surely have guys and gals in safe, reliable districts that, year in, year out, can propose repealing Huges Amendment, removing silencers and SBRs off of the NFA requirements, and occasionally, when a little excitement is called for, outright repeal of NFA. Why don't we have our own "kooks"?

They've been too busy being 'reasonable'.

Careful with that axe, Eugene?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Dave,
    I can't agree with you. What it sounds like you're saying is that the situation is hopeless and we should all go hide in the bunkers today. After all, we're going to lose, and they're going to come knocking at the doors for the guns and we'll have to shoot them all and die when those bunkers get hit like the Branch Davidians; that or they'll have the modern-day Lon Horiuchi there to Randy Weaver us. There's no hope, no help. The chair is against the wall and John has a long mustache.

I do hear you. I'm tired, too. Like you, I just want to "be". Like you, I just want to be left alone to live my life and enjoy the time I have here and the family that surrounds me. Unlike you, at least from the sound of that post, I'm not willing to let liberty go down without fighting to keep her alive. Maybe that's the medic in me. Maybe you're older or maybe not, I don't know, and maybe you've fought this more than I have. Again, I don't know.

All I can say is that if you're ready to give up and head to the bunker, I wish you well. I hope things work out how you want them to... for that matter, how we both want them to. I want liberty, and I want freedom... real freedom, not Mother May I playacting. I can't stop Obama from issuing his EOs. No one can stop him from issuing them. I'm going to make sure people know that they violate the Constitution. Will people care? Some will, some won't. Hell, most probably won't. Don't care. Still doing it. Again, I wish you well, whatever your chosen course of action or inaction.

Blessings,
    Bill

Bill, I can understand your perspective, but you can't win playing with a stacked deck. In order to fix the problem incrementally, we would need time that we don't have. If, miraculously, we have a polar shift in Washington effective 1/17 which would put the looters and moochers out of business, corporate welfare and poor people welfare alike, and let our economy recover without having to support unbearable amounts of dead weight, we might have more time to work with. Otherwise, the economy is going to fail long before we can pull off a reversal even if everything goes right. I suppose that this is a major part of the reason why I like Trump. When you can see that you are fighting a losing battle under the rules of engagement to which you are limited, it make it much more tempting to throw down a wild card and see what happens. In my reckoning, it couldn't possibly be any worse than the alternative, and could potentially do a great deal of good up to and including turning things around in a compact time. The problem for me using history as my primary tool for evaluation is that it is extremely difficult to use history to gauge a wild card. In most respects it is largely guesswork, bringing me right back around to the point where, in my reckoning, the biggest concrete selling point is the near impossibility for him to be any worse than Hillary or anyone the establishment would allow through the GOP primary.

Bringing up Horiuchi, not only should that cold-blooded murderer be executed, so should the federal judge who dismissed the state murder charges against him. For the uninitiated who may be reading this, one of the perks of being one of the king's men is that when you are charged under state law by a local prosecutor, you can, at your sole discretion with no vehicle for objection or appeal from anyone else, have your case transferred to federal court, generally resulting in the case being dismissed before the ink dries on the transfer paperwork, which is exactly what Horiuchi did.

I also feel compelled to point out that the physical plant in both incidents in which Horiuchi figured prominently were very poor for a battle. Both were designed as residential structures and not fortifications of any kind. In both cases, the occupants were not particularly expecting hostilities. In both cases, the targets were singled out to make a point against a backdrop of an otherwise peaceful society. In a SHTF scenario, that element of surprise will not exist. That isn't to say that they can't sneak up on me or on you, but it won't be lightning out of the clear blue sky, as if the alphabet soup crashed through my door as I sit here typing this post. I would also like to think that with that much warning, I would do better than the normal routine in my house with little or no defensive value whatsoever and no viable means of egress. Perhaps most important is the fact that in both cases it was the unrestricted weight of the federal government against a few people at a single location. That is a lot different than declaring war on every damned body in the country at once.

I would argue that the primary reason that the activists on the left have been so successful is that while they have indeed followed the doctrine of the 'long march through the institutions', they did so while there was no threat of those institutions collapsing, and they did so with the backing of powerful albeit not readily visible influences which used them a window dressing to give legitimacy to their already-planned efforts to destroy liberty. This is the reason why we now have the choice of hard left or RINO. This is the reason why, unless we get really lucky with a punt, there is no realistic chance of winning through, well, conventional means. At most, we might slow the process, again, barring something spectacular happening which, likely, will be completely out of our hands if it does. Case in point, a self-funding candidate who doesn't need anything from me other than to show up on November 8 and hope that the computer hasn't been rigged to vote for Hillary regardless of what I might press would have a chance of winning followed up by being his own man. Aside from such a rarity, I just don't see it happening, since all owned candidates are owned by the same general group of owners, which is why we get the same damned thing regardless of election outcomes with some variations on a few issues like guns, abortion, homosexuality, and fiddling with the tax rates a little bit. Overall, liberty contracts regardless of the outcome.

That said, barring a miracle, I guess I will just sit back and wait for my day to go nose to nose with Lon.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Lawyers aren't gonna fix things this time Kirk. Its gonna take men that get their hands dirty. No offense

oh-no-you-didnt-29.gif

:):

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    186   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    Kirk, from what I know about you I respect you.

I think some of the divide is that you see the justice system's successes.
    We see their failures & how catastrophic some of them have been.

From my understanding obamacare is completely unconstitutional yet it is enforced as one of our huge blunders that boy wonder has pulled out of his hat.
    At this point he feels he has nothing to loose, he is doubling down & going for everything he can get & so far the House & the Senate has allowed this spoiled man child to get his way.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I think some of the divide is that you see the justice system's successes.

Justice system? Not tracking.

Obama's proposed Executive Order/Action has not transpired. We don't know what it is and INGO is weeping and sitting in ash. Guys, come on.

All I am saying is everyone take a knee, tilt your heads back and breath in and out.:D

Top Bottom