• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Have you ever had a gun pointed at you?

• Total voters

marv

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Gatchel, IN
    Yep. 50-some years ago one Sat. nite in Laredo, MX. Cop pulled his .45SAA on us guys to quiet us down. The muzzle of that thing looked as big as a 5 gallon bucket.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    Too many soldiers out there to pass reps out to. Too many who have been shot at in anger. Too many who been hit. Thank you guys for serving our country.

Last edited:

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    I've been shot at at several times and pointed at too many more. I had been on the department for about 6 months and my partner and I were driving near a city pool. One round hit our hood and another hit the door post.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Married and living in rented converted garage. (Our first place) Owners were out of town and the main house alarm starts up one day-LOUD. Wifes eating breakfast, I'm in the shower so I throw a towel on, still dripping and walk out the door to check. (Because obviously I'm closer to walking out the door than her) The house looks secure, I killed their breaker to quiet the alarm because I don't have their code and was going to call the owners when I got back inside.

Just before getting back to my garage/house, I hear "Freeze" from just over the fence. His gun had a trance at my head. Had my hands up and he barks me out the gate and onto the front lawn. (Corner house in the city-Lots of Traffic) I tried to explain that we live in the garage. I also semi-nicely tried to talk his finger out of his Glocks trigger-guard. He calls for backup. Yes, I'm still wearing a towel and a smile. I'm watching ALL the neighbors leaving for work at this time of the morning. They choose to be late to watch my show.

This cop is alone, very uptight and Green. He orders me down to my knees and of course, my towel falls to the grass. Wouldn't let me pull it up, hands still over my head.(I guess I'm still packing-somewhere) Finally the lady across the street comes over, I'm hoping she'll tell the officer who I really am. Nope - she stopped 10 feet away at the curb. Mrs. Kravitz was having a stareing contest with Mr. Winky. :n00b:

I could hear sirens coming and thought at least I'll get tackled down and stop flashing "the hood". Right then my wife came out to see what’s taking me so long. She looks out, sees me naked in the grass and starts laughing. (Of course-what else would she do)? She didn't see anyone else till going out the gate.

At this point you could see this cops gears turning as he looked behind my wife into the side door of the garage and realized,"Hey-You DO live there". The rest of the force showed up just in time to see the "naked guy" get off his knees and pick up his towel. (I'm sure they had fun with that later)

I'd always get BIG Grins from the neighbors after that. My other "incidents" will have to be told in person because - they are really embarrassing.
    :D

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Bunch of times at Indy 1500 gun show. Good thing I do not carry a framing hammer at gun shows because there are all kinds of opportunities to put it to work and go to prison at guns shows.

When I worked at Galyan's I had customers try to point guns at me including the numbnuts that took the P-35 from Brook and started jumping around with it on the sales floor.

Outside of goobers at gun shows or gun stores, twice and once was at a gun show. Once in Broad Ripple by an IMPD cop looking at my 1911 like an ape from 2001. Pointed the stupid thing at my leg.

The other time was at the Indy 1500 by IMPD cop as I was checking in an AR-15. He flipped it toward me, belly high, and started jacking the charging handle (using the crane claw [of course]). I jumped sideways and told him not to do it again.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Dead Duck, have you ever wondered how many neighbors took your picture? :D

Once when I young and dumb. I was 18, took a trip to the big city (South Bend) and let a buddy drive my car. We got pulled over for running a red light. The police asked the driver to step out but because it was my car I decided I'd get out of the car
    too (passenger seat). I was met by SB LEO pointing his gun at me and telling me to stop and dont move. I think I stopped in mid step. I then got a good lecture about staying in the car. The officer was nice and explained what I did wrong. My buddy didnt get a ticket either. That was back in 1978.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Yes. I've been shot at twice. Both times were in the late 80s when I had a part-time job bouncing in a strip club.

The first time was when we threw out some drunk guy for climbing on the stage. I went out front to make sure he left (can't have drunks skulking around attacking the girls after work, you know). The guy went up the street, got in his car, pulled a u-turn and popped a couple rounds at me as he drove by. He hit the car I dove behind, that belonged to the other bouncer, whose name was Max.

The second time Max was wrestling with a big guy, and as I was approaching the guy fired a round past my head into the wall. I whanged him in the head with my blackjack and then Max beat the hell out of him.

I wasn't carrying either time (it was in Los Angeles).

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    unfortunatly yes.

several times at the range by idiots that do not understand muzzle control! Sure sucks actually seeing the ammo in the cylinder of a revolver with the hammer back! :xmad:

And ran convenience stores for over 5 years. Had more than one bad situation during that time including being shot at.

Not sure what is the scariest thing.
    The guy that doesn't understand muzzle control and that points loaded gun at people without even knowing that he's doing something wrong and potentialy deadly.
    Or, the criminal that points a gun at you knowing what he's doing.

:dunno:

PA2Ind

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2011
    St. Joseph Co.
    Yes. I had a glock 17 pointed at me by a VERY young Philly PD officer. I was 17 and he was maybe 19/20( you can be a cop at 19 in philly). I was standing out side of my buddy's house at 3am(nice to be a stupid teenager). He was very nervous, shaking even. I thought for sure he was gonna ND me.

DialTone301

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    East Central IL
    Yep a few times. Drawn down on by a group of cops when the car I was in matched the description of one used in a robbery.

Went with my cousin to see his new girlfriend in a nearby town. She was at a friends house and we all sat around and watched a movie. Saw a guy looking in a window at us and when I headed toward the window he pointed a gun at me. Apparently he was the ex husband of one of the girls and was not happy we were there.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    A group robbery during a basketball rec-league game in the Catholic Church at 42nd & Central (ya, I know now, didn't know then) about 1986. I was pissed (and young). Two hoods walked in & wanted to get in on the game. When we said no, they said stick 'em up...

o Mr Cadillac o

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    Greenwood
    Yes, As a teenager in a home invasion! This was around 98 or so. It happend so fast.
    Then another time when I was a Meter Reader a guy came out with a revolver, he thought I was breaking into his house I guess! And then one time I worked in Washignton Square mall, a man held a knife to my throat. The knife made me feel worse then the gun!

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    As an RO, yes several times, although I would say none were intentional. Nothing is worse than some jackass bringing his gun green girlfriend to the range and handing her his super sub compact .40 loaded with a full mag, and having the first shot scare her bad enough that she turns and points it square in the middle of your chest. :n00b:

Rey B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    1978 in a KFC spent a couple of minutes with a .45 stuck in my ear while the scumbag robbed the place. 1980 a buddy and I just east of Mobile,Al got pulled over by a the cops for being in a car that matched the description of a robbery get away car. We were the incorrect color to be the suspects.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    Years ago, an ex co-worker while in the parking lot at work and leaving to go home, pointed one at me. I never had a problem with him before and to this day, I don't know why he did it. Scared the efing s*** outta me though. A few verbal things being said at the time really gave me an uneasy feeling. Looking back now, I wish I would have applied for the ltch instead of seeking professional opinions. Makes the ltc tough to get later. jmo

Last edited:

MacMan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Yes, I've been robbed at gun point twice. First time when I was 19 me and my now wife were in a park at night and a couple of thugs pulled out revolver like the Jokers gun int the first Batman and demanded money, they got 11 bucks and a pager. The second time I was working in Chicago and I was going to my work truck I guy came out of nowhere with a small automatic. He got 7 bucks.

Glockshooter149

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Yes. I worked on the southside of Chicago for 9 months and got caught in 2 gang wars in my store along with being robbed 2 times. Had the muzzle of 3 guns pointed at me in 9 months and couldn't do anything about it since I was in the communist land of Illinois.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Yes. I worked on the southside of Chicago for 9 months and got caught in 2 gang wars in my store along with being robbed 2 times. Had the muzzle of 3 guns pointed at me in 9 months and couldn't do anything about it since I was in the communist land of Illinois.

Are you saying that anti-gun laws dont keep the criminals from being armed???? :n00b:

No way, politicians would know it if it was true right?

Right?! :dunno:

:):

eatsnopaste

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    South Bend
    yep, managed a retail store near Gary, IN. Tripped the silent alarm somehow, saw the Gary PD come in through my one way glass, so I just finished up a couple things then came out of the back room to chat...when I looked up he had drawn and was holding what appeared to be a small canon! we both took a big breath...held it, then exhaled. I locked the door and we had some coffee, while we talked about how glad nobody had to shoot or got shot that morning.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom