• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Have you ever had a gun pointed at you?

• Total voters

hookedonjeep

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    With the other Sheepdogs
    Yes. Shot at by a crack dealer that lived next door to me when I lived in Ohio - he was all cracked up in his front yard, screaming like a banshee, and when I yelled out the window for him to shut the heck up, he pulled his pistol and started shooting.

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    There was some snow days in jan. These highschool students where smoking and it smelled of cannibas. We called the cops and the guy who supplyed it to the students said he had one but didnt show it. So no. But I range and ran this guy who came out with a rifle once. Does that count?

BBSparkle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2010
    Indianapolis
    A car full of very intoxicated 20 somethings pulled up to my friend and I as we were finishing locking up and leaving our work [pizza place]. Kid in the passenger seat pointed some sort of handgun at us, this was well before I had an interest or any knowledge of guns, so I'm unsure what sort but the barrel was large enough that I'd expect it was Daddy's .45. Anyway, he points the gun at us and says "I want all your money" and the glazed over kids in the rest of the car looked both terrified and jubilant that this was happening. I didn't know what to do so I simply told them that I had no money and they should try the shell station down the road [70 yards away]. They all looked forward as if this was an incredibly interesting concept and drove off.

The car did actually pull up to the gas station but I'm not sure what happened after that. In retrospect I should have called 911 but I just didn't really feel that threatened. I'm sure they just got some snacks. Very strange night.

3point5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    Kokomo
    3 times.

Number 1, I was about 14. My buddys dad had just bought a fixer upper house to rent out. There were 4 of us, 13-14 year olds, demoing the house for him...we all went out back for a break and I looked up and the my buddy had a red dot on his back...I looked over and the neighbor was standing with a revolver pointed at him. Made a motion like he fired, then swung around and put the dot on my chest. We ran, my buddys mom called the cops, and he went to jail.

Number 2, Street racing and "evading police" I sat pulled over for about 15 minutes while what seemed like every on duty officer showed up and surrounded me. Shotgun's, AR's, and sidearms. Scary night to say the least.

and Number 3, 18 years old. Parked down the road, snuck of through about 4 backyards and cornfields, and snuck in through the back door at the girlfriends house. just as things started to heat up, the house phone rang. at 2 AM, which wasnt normal, called id said it was her neighbor. She wanted me to hide in the closet, I went out the window. Her dad asked her if i was there, she said no, he ran out the back door to see me running through the field. He had me in the crosshairs on his .223....and realized who it was. Jumped in his truck, chased me down. and told me to park in the driveway next time.

critter592

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    North Central, IN
    Once. Was in college and visiting a friends house. A guy I didn't know was there and they were all eyeing an AR-15 I believe. I didn't get all stiff for it and went over to the kitchen. I saw something out of the corner of my eye and the dude was pointing the rifle at me. I jumped behind a wall and they laughed. "Dude, that wall wouldn't stop anything man! Ha! Ha!" Yah, ha ha. They why the f did you point a rifle at me you idiot? "Dude it's not loaded. Chill." yah, whatever. I left. Never saw him again.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Once. Was in college and visiting a friends house. A guy I didn't know was there and they were all eyeing an AR-15 I believe. I didn't get all stiff for it and went over to the kitchen. I saw something out of the corner of my eye and the dude was pointing the rifle at me. I jumped behind a wall and they laughed. "Dude, that wall wouldn't stop anything man! Ha! Ha!" Yah, ha ha. They why the f did you point a rifle at me you idiot? "Dude it's not loaded. Chill." yah, whatever. I left. Never saw him again.

Yeah many people got killed with unloaded guns.
    It's still a fellony to point an unloaded gun at someone in Indiana.

critter592

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    North Central, IN

Happened in FL about 1992. I was pretty clueless about anything firearm related. That's why I've taught my step-daughters to not tolerate any shenanigans. And I've begun teaching my 5yo son about gun safety. My mom was way antigun. I think that left me clueless.

Black_Wolf

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Northwest Ind
    Yes.

I have been shot at twice and had a drunk off duty LEO point his gun at me during a domestic dispute over a woman.

An incident I was not even involved in but just happened to be there.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Twice.

Once as a teen. Some friends and I stopped on a side street to decide what we were going to do that nite and some jackhole snuck up behind us and pointed his revolver at us saying he was with "Neighborhood Watch".

Second was in my 20s when I got pulled over in Carmel in my POS Honda Civic. I had a blanket in the back over my spare tire, tools, etc. The Officer asked what was under the blanket, and I jokingly said: "Just a dead body Officer". He drew his gun, pointed it at my face and demanded I get out of the car. He pushed me down over the hood while he searched my car.

Apparently he didnt appreciate my humor lol

PA2Ind

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2011
    St. Joseph Co.

Not if he is to be believed...:D:popcorn:

IC 35-47-4-3
    Pointing firearm at another person
    Sec. 3. (a) This section does not apply to a law enforcement officer who is acting within the scope of the law enforcement officer's official duties or to a person who is justified in using reasonable force against another person under:
    (1) IC 35-41-3-2; or
    (2) IC 35-41-3-3.
    (b) A person who knowingly or intentionally points a firearm at another person commits a Class D felony. However, the offense is a Class A misdemeanor if the firearm was not loaded.
    As added by P.L.296-1995, SEC.2.

Syxxthkidd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    when i lived in illinois i had my front door kicked down by a bunch of cops, they tore up my house and had guns pointed at all of us, we were all 17-19 at the time. then it came over the radio that they had the wrong house!!! they just left, never said sorry we kicked down your door, pointed our guns at you and trashed your house...

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Edit: should have read the rest of the posts before responding to someone.

It a class A misdemeaner if it is unloaded. But still ignorant to do.

I wonder how you are supposed to know if it's loaded. :dunno:

I mean someone points a gun at you, you leave, call the police, come back to that person's house with the police and they find the gun empty.
    There is no way to tell if it was like that when the gun was pointed at you.

zenbruno

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Nothing forces clarity of mind like staring into a shiny .44 magnum hand cannon held five inches from your face by a man fueled by a lifetime of alcoholism and f*&%$# up decision-making. Some twenty-five years later, I'm certain that if I had looked into his eyes with fear that day, he would have shot me then and there, as though fulfilling his end of a promise that what we fear must be delivered to us.

But that day, my will was stronger than his will, and he was once again a failure at even killing me. I believe that my life is saved or ceded, in large measure, by where my mind goes. Firearms are tools, and only one category of tool among many. All of my power resides within me -- within my being, mind, will; within my believing.

Hmmm, I guess a simple "yes" to the question would have sufficed. :D

CombatRex

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 20, 2010
    NE side of Indy
    Does getting shot at count (I was in USArmy)?

That was my question..if so, yes, AK's RPK's and even with RPG's.

However when I was 15, had a guy pull a pistol on my when I was hiking with a friend. He then reholstered and claimed he was a cop. After reporting it to the police, I found out he was a psycho who the local police kept turning down for a job everytime he applied.

jcharrison05

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 13, 2011
    Richmond
    Yes, twice maybe thats why I carry now. Although once when I was a young dumb teenager and being stupid. I'll never forget it though nor never did it again.

Top Bottom