• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Have you ever had a gun pointed at you?

• Total voters

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Oh Yea! Too many times.
    Military of course.
    I had a screwed up neighbor that thought it was funny to cut a shotgun shell apart leaving just the primer and empty hull intact.
    He drew the hammer back on a single shot and pulled the trigger. "POP" and then laughed his arse off at me freaking out.
    Also a home break in when I was home on med leave. In a wheel chair. Not a good situation and wondered seriously IF myself and family were going to live through it.
    Also, I went to collect $90 from a guy that worked for my father back in the '80s.
    I met him at his work on a friday at lunch and he told me to follow him to the bank on Shadeland Ave across the street and he'd pay me.
    He took a long time at the tellers window as I sat in a chair by the door. A few minutes later here comes a handful of IPD pointing guns at me and told me IF I MOVED I'd DIE!.
    The maggot had told the teller I was robbing the bank and making him do it.
    He slipped out during the confusion and took off. When the LEO in charge sorted it out after I told him what was happening he got on the radio and another officer found the puke at a gas station on E. Washington a few minutes later.
    Kudos for the LEOs for not shooting me and then kicking the crapola out of him at the gas station after cuffing him. I got to see it as the LEO took me with them to identify him. They found smoke and speed on him and his car.
    I also got "Lit up" by a red dot laser a couple of years ago I never knew where it came from. That's one that leaves you with a bad taste in your mouth

WebHobbit

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Spencer County
    When I was around 12 or 13 me and my buddy used to explore the woods behind the Evansville's levee on the SE side (not much woods left there now!). In certain spots these wooded areas would intersect with various pieces of private property. Once we cut through some farmer's corn field & he didn't care too much for that! He chased us with a shotgun! He actually fired at us several times. Scared the holy crap out of us. I remember the loud boom and then the sound of the shot hitting the corn around us. We did "escape" and we NEVER went that way again! In retrospect I'm sure he was just trying to scare us and it did work...but we were running FAST and darting through rows and rows of high corn. He could have quite easily connected with some of that shot by "accident".

Somehow I don't think killing or maiming a couple of kids because they were trespassing through your corn would have went well for that guy.

Cool Hand Luke

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    When I was around 12 or 13 me and my buddy used to explore the woods behind the Evansville's levee on the SE side (not much woods left there now!). In certain spots these wooded areas would intersect with various pieces of private property. Once we cut through some farmer's corn field & he didn't care too much for that! He chased us with a shotgun! He actually fired at us several times. Scared the holy crap out of us. I remember the loud boom and then the sound of the shot hitting the corn around us. We did "escape" and we NEVER went that way again! In retrospect I'm sure he was just trying to scare us and it did work...but we were running FAST and darting through rows and rows of high corn. He could have quite easily connected with some of that shot by "accident".

Somehow I don't think killing or maiming a couple of kids because they were trespassing through your corn would have went well for that guy.

Shoot shovel shut up.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Dunno how to vote...

#1 Negligent discharge that zipped past my ear and flipped my cousin Kate's hair (we were leaning toward each other went a shot was fired from across the table).
    #2 Swept with loaded guns unintentionally (Range/work/someone's house)

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Several times. First time was in high school...when my brother and I were walking the railroad tracks hunting pheasants. Another kid from our school started shooting at us with a high powered rifle. Luckily, he was a crappy shot.

Another time was when I was working child protective services. Went up to a door...only to be met with the barrel of a rifle.

And once when I was teaching at an inner city school. A former student drove by one morning before school, and emptied a clip full of 9mm rounds at all of us standing out front of the building. No one was hit.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Uh, yes..................twenty one years in the Army and many in Law Enforcement, it kinda go's with the territory.

Occupational hazard.:ingo::patriot:

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Twice as a civilian, once my brother in law thought it was a good idea to use a pistol to threaten me with, the second I was in a auto parts store when it was robbed at gunpoint. Both instances it turned out as good as they could, nobody shot or injured.

Bert

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Shelbyville
    Was in a credit union on an air force base . the teller bumped the silent alarm . 4 young MP's came in locked and loaded , all looking at me with M-16's on rock and roll . I checked . I think the teller was more scared than me . Those barrels look much larger when their pointed at you .

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    I clerked at a Payless shoe store just outside East St. Louis in 1971. We got robbed more times than you can count. The worst was when the hopped-up druggie pressed a .44 magnum against my belly. Made me really glad I was a Christian.

That was the incident that finally motivated the police to bring the mug books out. We didn't find the thug but we did recognize about half of our customers. We offered to give the shoe sizes to match the mug shots but the police turned us down. :)

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    what scares me more...is that the majority of these yes answers are scenarios where citizens (majority are generally law abiding) are being sighted in on by a LEO....
    yep...Stared down the barrell of an ISPs 45, and I swear that barrell looked like a drainage pipe and I could see a bowling ball sized round in the chamber!! All because of mistaken identity. Not even a hint of an apology afterward, either.:xmad:
    (I'll not discuss getting shot at by a shotgun, while on my dirt bike in the woods,..... but it taught me how fast I could ride.):cool:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Kinda scary there are more YES than NO for now. :|

Hopefully that's just because the yes votes have a story, not much to say when voting no.

stared down a .44 mag once. At my house as a teen with 4 other friends. A 2nd cousin of mine comes in unexpectedly, reeking of alcohol, and just happens to really dislike one of my friends there. Points a .44 at him and I stepped between the idiot with the gun and the idiot telling him to go ahead and shoot, which in some ways I suppose makes me an idiot.

Anyway after what seemed like 5-10 min of shouting and me trying to talk calmly but was probably a matter of 30-90 seconds, I convince the .44 idiot to go outside and we get in his car to drive off to get some more beer so now I am an idiot riding with an idiot thats drunk and has a .44. About a mile down the road I convince him to let me hold the gun as an admirer. Once I have the gun in my possession, I asked if he had any more shells so we could go shootin'? When he said no, I promptly rolled down the window, emptied the gun and threw the shells off the side of the road and threw the gun in the back seat. Then had him turn around and drive me home, after he verbally let me have it of course. Once there I didn't let him back in the house and let him have some of the verbal abuse back. In hind sight perhaps I should have thrown the gun out over the bank too, but it all ended OK.

Cool Hand Luke

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hopefully that's just because the yes votes have a story, not much to say when voting no.

stared down a .44 mag once. At my house as a teen with 4 other friends. A 2nd cousin of mine comes in unexpectedly, reeking of alcohol, and just happens to really dislike one of my friends there. Points a .44 at him and I stepped between the idiot with the gun and the idiot telling him to go ahead and shoot, which in some ways I suppose makes me an idiot.

images

Did you think you were in some kind of corny movie or what?

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I got robbed at gunpoint in '07. The gun was about 4 or 5 inches from my face. He was a thugged out gang banger wannabe. I had my girlfriend and a buddy with me. The guy pistol whipped my buddy with the gun and it actually caused him to drop it. If my girlfriend hadn't been there I prolly woulda gone after him when he dropped it, but it wasn't worth the risk with her there, so I ended up about $200 poorer and filed a report.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Had one pointed at me, a .25 Raven by a drunk lady coming out of the old City Lights Bar by the bridge on Main Street in Louisville. I was 19 yrs old and she thought me and my buddy were someone else, her friend talked her down while I just stared directly at her and said over and over again, "Ma'am, we do not want any trouble, please put the gun away." She eventually did. Probably 30 seconds but seemed like an hour.

An attempted home invasion (another woman) with a knfe and two male accomplices in a truck. The police arrived and she ran and jumped in the other thugs truck before her knife or my smith came out of hiding. The police informed me that she had just held the knife to a guys throat at the Value City parking lot 5 minutes before (hence the quick response by the police). Get this, she had her knife hidden in a sling as if she were injured. I guess to make me more sympathetic to her tale of woe she tried to use to get me to open the door.
    That was scarier than the first one. Nothing scares you at 19 but alot scares you in your 40's. I guess by middle age you know it actually can happen to you.

Cool Hand Luke

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Had one pointed at me, a .25 Raven by a drunk lady coming out of the old City Lights Bar by the bridge on Main Street in Louisville. I was 19 yrs old and she thought me and my buddy were someone else, her friend talked her down while I just stared directly at her and said over and over again, "Ma'am, we do not want any trouble, please put the gun away." She eventually did. Probably 30 seconds but seemed like an hour.

An attempted home invasion (another woman) with a knfe and two male accomplices in a truck. The police arrived and she ran and jumped in the other thugs truck before her knife or my smith came out of hiding. The police informed me that she had just held the knife to a guys throat at the Value City parking lot 5 minutes before (hence the quick response by the police). Get this, she had her knife hidden in a sling as if she were injured. I guess to make me more sympathetic to her tale of woe she tried to use to get me to open the door.
    That was scarier than the first one. Nothing scares you at 19 but alot scares you in your 40's. I guess by middle age you know it actually can happen to you.

I bet it was the Value City at 38th and Arlington (now closed).

Top Bottom