• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Have you ever had a gun pointed at you?

• Total voters

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I can glady say "no" I have never had a gun pointed at me- AND I HOPE IT STAYS THAT WAY!

(this is, of course, not counting virtually every trip I've made to a gunshop or gun show- get swept all the time there:laugh:)

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Yes. Twice.

First time I still held to my anti-gun beliefs and felt that handing over my wallet was the safest thing to do.

Second time I got my face smashed in, fought back with a knife and after making a police report it took me only two months to move to Indiana, get a gun and a permit.

dsom2006

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Noblesville
    New York City

I took a small 20ft ski boat from Linden New Jersey through Manhattan along what I believe is the East River. It was a year after 9-11. The Statue of Liberty had been closed and a perimeter was around the
    that forbid boats from getting too close. It was a rainy afternoon so me and my buddy had on light rain coats with a hood. We were outside where the old perimeter was when we saw people on the island so we took the boat around to the back side thinking we would dock and walk around a bit. We were 10 ft from the dock when all of a sudden about 15 National Park police with AR type rifles came running towards yelling at us to back up etc. They were 200 ft from the dock but i knew we were where we didn't need to be. Back up Jack, Back up Jack I said over and over.

We did and they launced a boat and came after us. When they got to us they still had guns pointed at us. We explained that we had seen people on the island and thought it was open. They explained that the people we saw were maintenance workers or parks employees. They sent us on our way. It's been 9 years and it still freaks me out.

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    Once, happened when i was about 26. Was coming home from a Colt's game and my buddy was driving. Heading N. on college about Fall Creek and some jackwagon is parked in the middle of the lane yacking to some broad at the side of the road. My buddy, who is driving honks the horn and then goes around the guy then turns rt. on 30th. The guy p pulls up behind us as we stop at the light and gets out. We start to get out and notice the guy has a piece that he is leveling at us. We slowly get back in the car and beat it out of there leaving enough tire smoke to create a smoke screen behind us.

My buddy a few years later became a cop.

As to the poll, I am really pretty surprised that the ration of yeas to neas is 2 to 1. About opposite what I was expecting.

LionWeight

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 17, 2011
    Merrillville
    Once while in the service we were in the fire team shack playing cards. One of the other guys comes in and wants to play. We tell him when we are done with the game we are playing. He takes his M16 off his shoulder, racks a round and points it at my face from across the table and says "I think your done now" and starts laughing. He pops the magazine, racks the round out and keeps laughing. They had to pull me off him.

Once while deer hunting, I was sitting against a tree BEFORE sunup. I hear leaves crunching behind me and turn and snap a twig. This $%#*&^% idiot from 30 feet away starts racking rounds out of his shotgun from the hip and yelling at the top of his lungs. After he has fired 5 shots, 3 of which hit the tree I am leaning against he keeps racking and pulling the trigger on empty chambers. I've been yelling since he started and he finally stops. I walk up to him as his buddy arrives and they are so drunk they are leaning against each other to keep from falling down.

I had to point an M60 at a flight crew while in the service. They were at the base theatre when their pager went off. They were an alert crew so they headed for the plane and drove right past the close in sentry giving him the wrong SAC code of the day. CIS called it in and we were deployed in our APC. I was the 60 gunner that day. SGT pulls the APC in front of the plane and I make signs for him to shut down his plane engines. He shakes his head. Confirmation comes in that there was no alert sounded and to get them out of the plane. I pop seals on the ammo can, feed a belt, lock and load aim at the cockpit and make signs again to shut down engines. They finally shut down and come out of the plane. They were the crew for that plane, had the wrong code for that day and the funny part is. His pager went off because he didn't change the battery when they started their duty.:D:patriot:

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    had one pulled on me at a party when I was 19 or 20. this punk gang banger started talking trash to me for no reason, so I asked him if he wanted to step outside, guess he wasn't down with that because he pulled a gun and stuck it in my face like a p***y. I said a few choice words then left with my buddy. Albuquerque was full of punks like that.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Yes. Twice.

First time I still held to my anti-gun beliefs and felt that handing over my wallet was the safest thing to do.

Second time I got my face smashed in, fought back with a knife and after making a police report it took me only two months to move to Indiana, get a gun and a permit.

You moved to Lake county to be safer? :)

PlinKing2392

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Avon
    Let me add to my count...

My brother came over to watch the game and asked to see my new purchase. He then proceeded to wave it around while talking with his hands. I informed him it was loaded. He said, "So, the safety is on right?" I replied with, "There is no safety, so if you wouldn't mind, stop pointing that thing at me." He then freaks out, puts the gun down and backs away like it might go off on it's own.... I love my non-gun family/friends, but I should really learn not to let them handle my guns.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    Let me add to my count...

My brother came over to watch the game and asked to see my new purchase. He then proceeded to wave it around while talking with his hands. I informed him it was loaded. He said, "So, the safety is on right?" I replied with, "There is no safety, so if you wouldn't mind, stop pointing that thing at me." He then freaks out, puts the gun down and backs away like it might go off on it's own.... I love my non-gun family/friends, but I should really learn not to let them handle my guns.

Not being critical, I apologize. One of the first rules is you never hand someone a loaded gun to anyone. You never accept one unless its' been cleared.

PlinKing2392

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Avon
    Not being critical, I apologize. One of the first rules is you never hand someone a loaded gun to anyone. You never accept one unless its' been cleared.

Couldn't agree more. He got it out of my nightstand, so I technically never handed him anything. :):

I informed him it was loaded when I told him where it was, so he knew. He just isn't experienced with firearms.

Smoov

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2011
    Illinois
    Friend new to guns finished shooting my XDm on his land. I was reloading mags behind him. He finished and walked up to hand me the gun and did it with finger on trigger and pointed at me. I freaked and stepped to the side. When I got the gun I could see it was loaded. I said something to him and pointed down range and fired the last bullet. After taking like 15 minutes to teach him safety before starting and watching him handle the gun, it still wasn't enough. I fired the mag I loaded and shut it down.

I'll rarely go with someone new to guns and if I do, I don't take my eye off of them. I stand right behind them and tell them exactly what to do until I have the pistol in my hand.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    Friend new to guns finished shooting my XDm on his land. I was reloading mags behind him. He finished and walked up to hand me the gun and did it with finger on trigger and pointed at me. I freaked and stepped to the side. When I got the gun I could see it was loaded. I said something to him and pointed down range and fired the last bullet. After taking like 15 minutes to teach him safety before starting and watching him handle the gun, it still wasn't enough. I fired the mag I loaded and shut it down.

I'll rarely go with someone new to guns and if I do, I don't take my eye off of them. I stand right behind them and tell them exactly what to do until I have the pistol in my hand.

You know we hear so much about people like above. Someone please start a thread for new people on "GUN SAFETY". This thread has been loaded with knuckleheads who either don't know or else are not trained. I would hate to see anyone here hurt because of some dumb mistake.

Top Bottom