• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    If he was just a security guard, he has no authority to ask you for your paperwork. He is to annotate the vehicle tag etc. and relay it to law enforcement if it did any damage. Keep in mind, some states and government agencies do empower contract security guards with arrest powers.
    There are also some security guards who are off duty LE officers which do have authority... so be careful and ask for identification :twocents:

Last edited:

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    Irrigation...but who's counting. ;) So you really wouldn't have cared if you'd have torn their irrigation system up?
    Well thats a loaded statement isnt it? Of course I would have cared. The bottom line is I didn't intend to tear up anything at the time and I made a bad judgement call as to my exit route. Whether I caused any damage to any irrigation lines is yet to be known. Lesson learned. The reason I come to this site is I want to know like minded opinions on issues like these and I appreciate your guys' input.

1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    Well thats a loaded statement isnt it? Of course I would have cared. The bottom line is I didn't intend to tear up anything at the time and I made a bad judgement call as to my exit route. Whether I caused any damage to any irrigation lines is yet to be known. Lesson learned. The reason I come to this site is I want to know like minded opinions on issues like these and I appreciate your guys' input.

From my perspective, all Public_Servant and I were trying to do was offer advice from our side of the coin in an attempt to keep you from getting jammed up in the future. We appreciate your appreciation of that info and I wish you luck in the future......:cheers:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Well what about them blocking me in for five minutes and not letting me leave and making me late for work? I would drive over the curb again if I had to because I got things to do instead of wait on some tow truck driver who doesn't know what he is doing.

Didn't your mother teach you two wrongs don't make a right? :D If the tow truck is blocking your path, politely go ask the guy if he can move. The tow truck inconveniencing you is not a license to possibly destroy property.

Agent 007

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    As for cutting over the curb and yard, who cares its taco bell!

Yeah, it's not like the store belongs to anyone trying to make a living or anything. Feel free to damage someone else's property, since it's not yours, who cares? Bonus points for having a firearm with you, since we need all of the positive attention we can get to help preserve our rights. :rolleyes:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Lucas my friend, you obviously are a very patient man. You have handle the negativity on this thread much better than I would (or have, lol).

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Actually my question was to the person I quoted. Who stated:

Again I don't care about Taco Bell or there irigation or the curb.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    If I was doing something illegal then he needed to call the police.

Then you'd be here crying about a reckless driving ticket and your insurance rates going up for getting dinged about driving though people's grass and landscaping.

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    Don't hold back Rachel, tell us how you REALLY feel! :D

I really do wonder what has happened to everyone's mood lately. Maybe it's the crappy weather AND lack of range time! Can't wait til the Picnic!!:rockwoot:

How I really feel? I'd have to kill ya if I told ya! :draw:

Seriously though, it's just a story. I dont think it was posted to argue about it...He just wanted to vent. Let the guy vent and drop it. It's a stupid conversation.

We get it....he drove through grass that was not meant to drive through. UGH....WHO CARES!:dunno: Everyone has said their peace right? Cool. Move on! :ingo:

Oh, and GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!:patriot:

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    :+1:

I have been limiting my INGO time here recently I have noticed it seems we members are fighting a bit more between ourselves. Really sucks because there are so many great people here. The whole LEO / Civvy thing is getting out of hand too. There will always be one bad apple just don't judge everyone by it.

:twocents:

+1, way too much drama here anymore

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    First off screw the security guard, you gave him your info, you shouldnt have done that but you know that know. As for cutting over the curb and yard, who cares its taco bell! As for irigation, I have done a lot of that kind of work and a simple zero turn mower can and will break a head or break a box, believe it! And if it was night you wouldn't have seen a head anyway. Again I don't care about Taco Bell or there irigation or the curb. Just want to let you know about irigation. As for everyone getting crabby I notice that on all the web-sites I get on latly, don't know what everyones deal is. And even if you don't think you caused ANY damage they can and will charge you, happened to me! Some people just have it out for yah...

Is it OK if the Taco Bell delivery truck takes a short cut through your yard and across your patio next time there's a little fender bender holding up traffic for 5 minutes?

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    snip
    He then asks for my license, registration and insurance. I give it to him and he asks what my insurance company is so I said Allstate. snip

Why? Why give your personal informationto another private citizen? Why answer their nosy questions? Why stop for them at all?

turkeykiller

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    lafayette
    :D WWJD Wow everyone is ready to throw this guy under the bus for breaking the law. Speeding is against the law not wearing a seat belt is against the law. How many of you on your high horses do this every day?:cheers:

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    :D WWJD Wow everyone is ready to throw this guy under the bus for breaking the law. Speeding is against the law not wearing a seat belt is against the law. How many of you on your high horses do this every day?:cheers:

when i make a mistake i own it. no high horses here. but no blame or scorn on someone else either. i was the one speeding. i don't blame the cop for pulling me over. we make the decisions which steer our lives.

lucas and i have spoken, and i have no ill will to him or any issues with him.

txgho1911

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    DFW
    Wow is everyone flying off the handle? The drive thru lane was blocked. Taco Bells problem if that results in damage to concrete curb or PVC irrigation.

Eat the bacon. Don't be the bacon.

That bacon thing reads good. I'm gonna tweet that and see if it makes mileage.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    Wow is everyone flying off the handle? The drive thru lane was blocked. Taco Bells problem if that results in damage to concrete curb or PVC irrigation.

Eat the bacon. Don't be the bacon.

negative. not true. completely not true.

you have to obey the law. there is no "ut uh! its their fault!" in whether YOU break the law or not.

Top Bottom