• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Well what about them blocking me in for five minutes and not letting me leave and making me late for work? I would drive over the curb again if I had to because I got things to do instead of wait on some tow truck driver who doesn't know what he is doing.

So when you do it again and get a ticket, are you going to come on here bitching about how you got the ticket and that all cops are a**holes? Sorry, no sympathy here.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    What do you mean "illegal twice then" exactly?

the post i read directly before posting was when you started you would drive over the curb again. thus, the "illegal twice"... driving over the curb twice. lag in my typing and posts being made between in that time.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    as to the rifle in the seat: not his business. but i hope it was cased up and not visible.... driving around with a weapon in the open on a seat of a car is a bad idea. especially with a long gun which you can't possible just pick up and take into a business with you.

Why is it a bad idea?

Why couldn't he take it into a business with him?

If he chooses to keep his rifle ready when he's in the vehicle, why do you assume he couldn't secure if he chose to exit the vehicle in any number of ways?

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    So when you do it again and get a ticket, are you going to come on here bitching about how you got the ticket and that all cops are a**holes? Sorry, no sympathy here.

Im not saying anyone is an ahole. If you read my main post I am simply asking what I should have done and if I should have given him my information. Thank you for putting words in my mouth though.

BtownBlaster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    Bloomington
    Where I come from, driving over the curb is the accepted, proper course of action when traffic is being obstructed by an idiot. It's the main reason to own a four wheel drive......:D

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    So from this response I can assume you believe our right to carry/transport long guns openly is a joke????

Lucas Sorry for the thread jack but this response to a valid question seems unusual..:dunno:

no. but i think taking a long gun into a place of business is a pretty stupid thing to try. rights go hand in hand with common sense.

and if you wanna set your guns out for all to veiw, and then STEAL when you not in the car, have at it. but i wont feel sorry for anyone in the "some ******* stole my gun" thread.

furbymac

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    noblesville
    So I am in the drive thru at taco bell and I get my food and I start to drive away. This towtruck is blocking the exit to the drive thru and I couldn’t get out. What do you do when you drive a truck? I drove over the curb through about a 15 foot patch of grass to get to the exit and got to the pavement. When I got to the other side this security guard with a clipboard flags me down and he says, “What the hell are you doin?” I said, “What do you mean?” He says, “Don’t act like you don’t know what you just did. I saw you drive over that.” I said, “Well, the tow truck was blockin’ my way.” He says, “And what is that?” as he pointed to the rifle in my passenger seat. I said, “that’s my rifle.” He says, “Why are you carrying that around town” I said, “because I go out shootin sometimes and I leave it in my truck.” He then asks for my license, registration and insurance. I give it to him and he asks what my insurance company is so I said Allstate. He says “Well you could have caused some damage to the property driving over that like that. We are trying to tow cars out here and I could have been sittin in my car in AC where I want to be. I will give this information to the property managers and if they want to contact your insurance for any damages they will but it doesn’t appear that you caused any damage.” Then he gave me my documentation back and says, “Ok well be responsible.” And I drove off.

Now I didn’t know if he was with the Fire department police department or just a security guard or what that is why I said here ya go. He did look pretty official. I am just assuming he was a security guard. Should I have got his name? I regret not doing it now. I also regret not asking him who he worked for because I gave him my information. I hate when you do stupid stuff at the time because you think it will be no big deal. If he was a security guard I could have just told him to F off and left probably.

and if i was in that guys shoes i would have done the same thing and i have done it several time because there are irrigation systems only a few inches under the ground and can be broken because of impatient ppl like you and why should the property owners have to pay for your inconsiderate actions

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Wow, another example of the recent rash of negative moods on here. Every thread seems to turn negative somehow lately! lol

Get to the range everyone, make some noise, blow off some steam, eat some bacon! :D

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    no. but i think taking a long gun into a place of business is a pretty stupid thing to try. rights go hand in hand with common sense.

and if you wanna set your guns out for all to veiw, and then STEAL when you not in the car, have at it. but i wont feel sorry for anyone in the "some ******* stole my gun" thread.

I didn't take it in number one. Number two I don't park in bad areas otherwise I would keep it concealed in my truck. Number three you are the only one who has brought upp a$$holes in this thread

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    Why is it a bad idea?

Why couldn't he take it into a business with him?

If he chooses to keep his rifle ready when he's in the vehicle, why do you assume he couldn't secure if he chose to exit the vehicle in any number of ways?

i assume from his post he does nothing with the gun when he exits. thats the way it sounds. if he secures it, thats great! if not.... well... see my previous post.

as to his right, thats all fine, well, and good. but not very practical.

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    Wow, another example of the recent rash of negative moods on here. Every thread seems to turn negative somehow lately! lol

Get to the range everyone, make some noise, blow off some steam, eat some bacon! :D

:+1:

I have been limiting my INGO time here recently I have noticed it seems we members are fighting a bit more between ourselves. Really sucks because there are so many great people here. The whole LEO / Civvy thing is getting out of hand too. There will always be one bad apple just don't judge everyone by it.

:twocents:

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    ok well thanks for the advice guys lesson learned. I dont think the argument about irrigation is sound though. If I run over a line with my truck and it breaks it, that line was obviously put in wrong. Anyways, thanks for all the input and by the way I would go through that grassy area again if somebody is blocking me in unless it would damage the property or injure someone.

furbymac

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    noblesville
    ok well thanks for the advice guys lesson learned. I dont think the argument about irrigation is sound though. If I run over a line with my truck and it breaks it, that line was obviously put in wrong. Anyways, thanks for all the input and by the way I would go through that grassy area again if somebody is blocking me in unless it would damage the property or injure someone.
    no it was put in right it just wasn't designed to withstand a 6000 pound truck as the sprinkler heads are right at ground level

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    lucas, sent you a pm.

hope to clarify: the only issue i have about a long gun visible in a car is THEFT. putting guns into a bad guys hand. prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Top Bottom