• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    Well, I just want to let you guys know i wasn't complaining I was asking your opinion on what I should have done with the security guard. I was aware that i did something wrong before I even posted. Thanks for making this thread negative though.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Well, I just want to let you guys know i wasn't complaining I was asking your opinion on what I should have done with the security guard. I was aware that i did something wrong before I even posted. Thanks for making this thread negative though.

Apologies Lucas. I missed that somewhere and it was my mistake. I misunderstood and thought you were saying something else.

I am with the others who said that unless the person identified themselves as LEO, you weren't obligated to provide any info. Having said that, from the security guard's perspective, I can see where he'd try to stop you and get some manner of recourse for his employer.

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    Unless he was any kind of leo he would not have gotten any of my info. He has no authority over you. Like someone already said he should know his place.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Jesus, you'd think the guy massacred a herd of roving babies with they way some of you are treating him for jumping a curb.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    someone say crabby patties??????

ak ak ak ak! :D

On a serious note: Goon at gate (so to speak) was exactly that.

BUT, driving over a yard or curb isnt a good idea. Illegal not to mention impatient. If I had a nickel for every impatient thing I have seen in traffic, I would have that Korth I have been drooling over. People got speeding tickets because they were "late for work". Getting mad, how dare they sort of thing over an infraction that one's self created isn't solving the issue.

The way to handle the security goon? Patience. Late for work? Schedule more time. Always count on something going wrong. But patience is a thing that I see not. Someone cuts me off in traffic. Causes me two seconds of inconvienience. Do I waste the anger and time cussing them out (losing a few weeks of life expectancy due to high blood pressure) or do I go with the flow? Handling the situation with caution (asking for the goon's credentials) but also civility is key to a polite society.

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    So you drove through the grass and over the curb to get to the street and you are crappy with the security guard for saying something to you about it? You should consider yourself lucky you didn't get a $150 ticket.

Sec. 441-316. Driving over curb or sidewalk.
    The driver or operator of any vehicle shall not drive such vehicle across any curb or across or within any sidewalk or grassplot area, except at a permanent or temporary driveway and, in the latter instance, shall use due care not to break the curbing or cause other damage to property or injury to any person.
    (Code 1975, § 29-121)

Even if there wasn't any damage, it is still illegal.

Man, there must be 10,000 violations of this during every race at the IMS! Every house in town has a yard full of cars parkied in them!:D

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    MallCopJanuary16th2008paulblart_2_1.jpg

Lawguns

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Ok as an LEO, gun carrier and 4X4 driver.

I would have jumped the curb too and if I broke something oops it’s on me.

As for security guards I hate the way that they try to make their uniforms look like police uniforms and would never give them any information. Having said that some do have powers of arrest and depending on what you did they may all be able to arrest you. Keep in mind the law gives them the right to use the force they deem necessary to perform a legal arrest. What this means to an untrained security guard could be anything so watch out. My advice is if you know it is a security guard and not a cop just keep on going and wave hi to them as you pass. (Once again do this at your own risk because if they are a cop you a F*%*ed) I do this all the time and it has only back fired once I actually did stop for the security guard because he was in my way after the second time he cussed at me I drove away. Turned out he was a constable and did have police powers. But, since I drove right to his boss and complained about his actions he got in trouble not me. So you choose.

As for the rifle, I would have to say keep is secure. I like to keep my stuff out of sight because I don't want people to know what I have until I am shooting them with it but once again your choice.

Last edited:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    :+1:

I have been limiting my INGO time here recently I have noticed it seems we members are fighting a bit more between ourselves. Really sucks because there are so many great people here. The whole LEO / Civvy thing is getting out of hand too. There will always be one bad apple just don't judge everyone by it.

:twocents:

You are not the only one. I know a couple other people that are taking a break from INGO for the same reasons.

The cat fighting and attitudes here are getting as bad as the IndyMoms board my wife posts on. They do the "let's jump on every post and tell the OP how wrong they are" too.

Top Bottom