• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xamsx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    NW
    Anyone who is not in an "identifiable uniform" who asks to see my ID, better be prepared to show me theirs first.
    Amen to that!
    :+1:

Wow, another example of the recent rash of negative moods on here. Every thread seems to turn negative somehow lately! lol

Get to the range everyone, make some noise, blow off some steam, eat some bacon! :D
    :+1:

Last edited:

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    So I am in the drive thru at taco bell and I get my food and I start to drive away. This towtruck is blocking the exit to the drive thru and I couldn’t get out. What do you do when you drive a truck? I drove over the curb through about a 15 foot patch of grass to get to the exit and got to the pavement. When I got to the other side this security guard with a clipboard flags me down and he says, “What the hell are you doin?” I said, “What do you mean?” He says, “Don’t act like you don’t know what you just did. I saw you drive over that.” I said, “Well, the tow truck was blockin’ my way.” He says, “And what is that?” as he pointed to the rifle in my passenger seat. I said, “that’s my rifle.” He says, “Why are you carrying that around town” I said, “because I go out shootin sometimes and I leave it in my truck.” He then asks for my license, registration and insurance. I give it to him and he asks what my insurance company is so I said Allstate. He says “Well you could have caused some damage to the property driving over that like that. We are trying to tow cars out here and I could have been sittin in my car in AC where I want to be. I will give this information to the property managers and if they want to contact your insurance for any damages they will but it doesn’t appear that you caused any damage.” Then he gave me my documentation back and says, “Ok well be responsible.” And I drove off.

Now I didn’t know if he was with the Fire department police department or just a security guard or what that is why I said here ya go. He did look pretty official. I am just assuming he was a security guard. Should I have got his name? I regret not doing it now. I also regret not asking him who he worked for because I gave him my information. I hate when you do stupid stuff at the time because you think it will be no big deal. If he was a security guard I could have just told him to F off and left probably.

Just something to think about, if you had damaged their property, drove off and they were able to get your license plate number, you could be charged with leaving the scene of an property damage accident.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    Just something to think about, if you had damaged their property, drove off and they were able to get your license plate number, you could be charged with leaving the scene of an property damage accident.

I would not leave the scene if I knew it was damaged trust me. I ran into a business's mailbox one time and let them know. That wasn't a fun thing to tell the owners. :)

Agent 007

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    Then wouldn't I see the sprinkler heads? Like I said I didn't see anything that would cause damage by me going over it.

Probably no sprinkler heads in your front yard, so I'm guessing you won't mind me cutting through your grass in my truck to get around somebody, if I'm late for something.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    First off screw the security guard, you gave him your info, you shouldnt have done that but you know that know. As for cutting over the curb and yard, who cares its taco bell! As for irigation, I have done a lot of that kind of work and a simple zero turn mower can and will break a head or break a box, believe it! And if it was night you wouldn't have seen a head anyway. Again I don't care about Taco Bell or there irigation or the curb. Just want to let you know about irigation. As for everyone getting crabby I notice that on all the web-sites I get on latly, don't know what everyones deal is. And even if you don't think you caused ANY damage they can and will charge you, happened to me! Some people just have it out for yah...

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    First off screw the security guard, you gave him your info, you shouldnt have done that but you know that know. As for cutting over the curb and yard, who cares its taco bell! As for irigation, I have done a lot of that kind of work and a simple zero turn mower can and will break a head or break a box, believe it! And if it was night you wouldn't have seen a head anyway. Again I don't care about Taco Bell or there irigation or the curb. Just want to let you know about irigation. As for everyone getting crabby I notice that on all the web-sites I get on latly, don't know what everyones deal is. And even if you don't think you caused ANY damage they can and will charge you, happened to me! Some people just have it out for yah...

lol they do seem a little bit crabby huh? Thanks for the info

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    1: If your running late , don't stop at TB .
    2: Try to explain your late to the driver and ask him to move .
    3: DON'T drive through anyone's grass , it causes problems that didn't have to be in the first place .

4: Driving around with a long gun in plane sight nowadays is a bad idea , it can cause you more problems that didn't have to be in the first place . Unless you're going to the range .

5: Never give ANYONE your info without their identifying their selves first , and only if they have a valid interest in knowing anything about you .

IMO , leaving a weapon in an unoccupied vehicle is ALWAYS a bad idea . I learned that lesson when my truck was broken into and a loaded .45 was stolen .

In short , use your heads folks , the more dumb stuff we as gun folks do the more ammo we give the anti gun people .

1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    Ok, as an LEO, driving over the curb because you were late is not a good thing to do as has been stated. You have been explained the actions that could be taken, if you choose to do it again, well you know what can happen.......have fun with that.

As far as giving info to security.......thx but no thx. If you are approached by a security guard (not officer despite what they want to call themselves), request they contact the pd because you are not giving your info to them. I have arrested many security guards that have done things very very wrong because they actually thought they the authority to do something. Best bet is if you are asked for your info by someone you can't easily identify as an LEO, ask who they work for. If their answer isn't a police department, then tell them to call the pd and you will give the info to the officer.

As far as the gun.....your choice but I would be concerned with theft. If you take what you deem as proper precautions, then it's nobodys biz but yours. And if they guy was security, eff him because even if there was a law against it......he couldn't do anything about it anyway.

None of this post is meant in a sh***y way, so please don't anybody take it that way. Just trying to offer my side as an LEO, which I already know some won't care about.

sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana
    1. Don't run over curbs if it means possibly destroying others property. This includes areas with grass/lawn.

2. Why in the world would you ever submit to questioning from a security guard? Let alone give him your ID.

If there is a problem tell them to call the PD and you'll deal with them.

Top Bottom