• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nemo97

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 29, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    But that **IS** human nature. There is no way around that. Look at mankind's history and you will always find that.

-Jedi

Alas, that is no excuse for not bettering the human existence by promoting those things we hold dear, most specifically the rights we believe God gave us and our Founders thoughtfully put to paper.

c3d4b2

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    is it just me or is there a big difference between norther and southern Indiana? it seems like the farther north you go the more liberal they get.
    I lived in the north east corner of the state for a while and would propose it is the proximity to Chicago. Or it may be a city thing?

Last edited:

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    Update: plaintiffs have filed a motion for summary judgment, arguing that the City of Hammond is liable to plaintiffs as a matter of law for violating the Indiana Firearms Preemption Act. The City responded by filing a motion to dismiss the plaintiffs' complaint and a cross-motion for summary judgment, arguing that the lawsuit should be dismissed in its entirety.

All three pending motions are set for a hearing in Lake County Superior Court (Crown Point), Room 7, on February 29, 2012 at 2:30 p.m.

Interestingly, the City has now also filed a third-party complaint against the State of Indiana, seeking a declaratory judgment that the preemption statute is unconstitutional.

Guy

opus1776

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Interestingly, the City has now also filed a third-party complaint against the State of Indiana, seeking a declaratory judgment that the preemption statute is unconstitutional.

Guy

Under what novel theory? Home rule (I don't know if this exists in IN)??? Last time I checked isn't the city subservient to the state??? :dunno:

======================================
    "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" K. Moss

You can NEVER be too rich or too thin.

Life is not a journey, but a series of unplanned detours...

Perfection: is not a goal---it's a demanded expectation.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Update: plaintiffs have filed a motion for summary judgment, arguing that the City of Hammond is liable to plaintiffs as a matter of law for violating the Indiana Firearms Preemption Act. The City responded by filing a motion to dismiss the plaintiffs' complaint and a cross-motion for summary judgment, arguing that the lawsuit should be dismissed in its entirety.

All three pending motions are set for a hearing in Lake County Superior Court (Crown Point), Room 7, on February 29, 2012 at 2:30 p.m.

Guy
    Thanks for the update, Guy.

Any chance the complaint against the State is available online? That would be interesting to read.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Under what novel theory? Home rule (I don't know if this exists in IN)???

Home Rule is alive and well in Indiana, mostly. The version we have basically says that political subdivisions are free to do stuff unless there's a statute that says otherwise. Which... now... there is, when it comes to gun laws.

Very odd.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Guy

Apparently, the City of Hammond has elected to throw all of this steaming pile of BS against the wall to see if any of it sticks.

That wall looks coated in Teflon from where I sit.

What a bunch of shipdits. I guess they don't give a rats fanny since all of this money they'll blow on a loser of a case like this comes out of the taxpayers pockets.

Bastages!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Apparently, the City of Hammond has elected to throw all of this steaming pile of BS against the wall to see if any of it sticks.

That wall looks coated in Teflon from where I sit.

What a bunch of shipdits. I guess they don't give a rats fanny since all of this money they'll blow on a loser of a case like this comes out of the taxpayers pockets.

Bastages!

Sort of correct LockStocksAndBarrel. It's not that they are ship... or that they are trying to see what sticks. Suspect more that this is a way for the Mayor of Hammond to keep an "hot topic" in the news for him AND also to give his ATTYs (who are close friends to him) some "jobs" so they continue to get paid.

I would not be suprised if you follow the money that some of his friends are going to make a lot of money working these losing cases.

-Jedi

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    Well, a third law firm has now entered its appearance for the City of Hammond in this litigation. (I'm not sure I've ever seen three separate law firms being paid to defend one case before.)

The motions for summary judgment are now fully briefed and remain set for hearing on February 29, 2012 at 2:30 PM (CST) in Crown Point, Lake Superior Court, Room 7.

Guy

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Well, a third law firm has now entered its appearance for the City of Hammond in this litigation. (I'm not sure I've ever seen three separate law firms being paid to defend one case before.)

The motions for summary judgment are now fully briefed and remain set for hearing on February 29, 2012 at 2:30 PM (CST) in Crown Point, Lake Superior Court, Room 7.

Guy

Keep us posted Guy. Can you tell us who the 3 law firms are representing Hammond. I bet you the farm that all three of those law firms are in some way connected to the Mayor. Contributions, friends of the mayor, or a favor that the mayor owed them. Welcome to Lake County!

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    Keep us posted Guy. Can you tell us who the 3 law firms are representing Hammond. I bet you the farm that all three of those law firms are in some way connected to the Mayor. Contributions, friends of the mayor, or a favor that the mayor owed them. Welcome to Lake County!

Eichhorn & Eichhorn (Hammond, Indiana)
    David C. Jensen
    John M. McCrum

Rubino, Rubin, Crosmer, Smith, Sersic & Polen (Dyer, Indiana)
    Kevin C. Smith

Levinson & Levinson (Merrillville, Indiana)
    Shana D. Levinson

All representing the City of Hammond

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Eichhorn & Eichhorn (Hammond, Indiana)
    David C. Jensen
    John M. McCrum

Rubino, Rubin, Crosmer, Smith, Sersic & Polen (Dyer, Indiana)
    Kevin C. Smith

Levinson & Levinson (Merrillville, Indiana)
    Shana D. Levinson

All representing the City of Hammond

Thanks so who knows how to navigate the internet well enough to find out all the donations that the mayor got this last time around. Does are reported somewhere.

Top Bottom