• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Well it looks like the only person on the Hammond City Council that understood the ramification of the new IN state law and how it affect hammond (ie. the civil suit now working it's way in the courts) lost her job as she was voted out.

Kim Poland (R) 4th District lost her election so now the Hammond Council is fully D.
    13 incumbents ousted in Lake, Porter counties

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Well it looks like the only person on the Hammond City Council that understood the ramification of the new IN state law and how it affect hammond (ie. the civil suit now working it's way in the courts) lost her job as she was voted out.

Kim Poland (R) 4th District lost her election so now the Hammond Council is fully D.
    When will these people that vote the way they do ever learn. I'm afraid it's looking more and more like it will take a total loss of rights and liberties before they get the message. Then it will be to late.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    When will these people that vote the way they do ever learn. I'm afraid it's looking more and more like it will take a total loss of rights and liberties before they get the message. Then it will be to late.
    The council can't help it. They are still traumatized from Herman Cain sexually harassing them :)

aikidoka

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    Hammond
    Before this election my mom told me she met McD as he was going around neighborhoods. I told her she was lucky I wasn't there at the time. I would have asked him why Hammond police are unaware, or claim to be, that the LTHC allows open carry.

aikidoka

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    Hammond

ugh, I should have voted. Not that it would have made a difference but at least I could get up on my high horse and complain about the results. McD probably got a lot of senior votes because of his helping them out with taxes. My mom loved that.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    For who? ;) When does Poland leave the board or is she already off?
    Depends on how deep you want to go. Gun owners, citizens, those that believe in the rule of law, etc. The party of Jackson is really showing its a@@ up here. Kim's term is up Dec 31.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    To clarify, the hearing on Feb 29th is a court hearing not a council hearing.

r u sure cause FEB only has 28 days u know. ;)
    So hammond is gonna say that whatever occurs on that day has no bearing.
    :laugh::laugh:

ps.
    Yes I know it's a leap year but I'm sure hammond will use that excuse.;)

eblevins

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    same goes for South Bend

South Bend is in the same situation. It is anti gun but has more than its fair share of thugs. The while city is afraid after dark

kjf40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Lake county
    Someone gets killed nearly everyday by shooting in South Bend, would never live there.

I have family in Hammond...sad thing is...if the local gov. would just lay off of it for a while, they would see that crime may subside a bit if criminals knew or thought maybe everyone is carrying a gun!

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    "If it's state law, let's let our Legislature explain why it's OK. I think a problem in Hammond is gun violence, and we're saying let's carry more guns," McDermott said

That has to be the most idiotic thing I have ever heard. Absolutely no common sense.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    "If it's state law, let's let our Legislature explain why it's OK. I think a problem in Hammond is gun violence, and we're saying let's carry more guns," McDermott said

That has to be the most idiotic thing I have ever heard. Absolutely no common sense.

It's not about common sense. It's about what will get him votes and keep him in power.

-Jedi

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Someone gets killed nearly everyday by shooting in South Bend, would never live there.

I have family in Hammond...sad thing is...if the local gov. would just lay off of it for a while, they would see that crime may subside a bit if criminals knew or thought maybe everyone is carrying a gun!
    You have 200 to 300 homicides in SB every year?:n00b:

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    It's not about common sense. It's about what will get him votes and keep him in power.

-Jedi
    You're right and it's a sad commentary on the absolute stupidity of the average voter. That and the fact that people who vote in ethnic or union blocks don't care what else a politician does after he takes care of them. Rip a living human being out of the womb? No problem since he gave me my union contract job site. Take away my 2nd amendment rights? Okey dokey since he put an affirmative action, women and/or minority quota on the new downtown arena. Disgusting way to sell your soul.

Top Bottom