• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Kool thanks. So no more votes by the Hammond Council to undo the ordiance even though they now face a lawsuit. Classy! Reall classy!

Once the taxpayers in Hammond realize just how much of THEIR money it will take to keep this STUPID ordinance...the outcry will begin. But I fear they will have to pay SIGNIFICANTLY first.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Once the taxpayers in Hammond realize just how much of THEIR money it will take to keep this STUPID ordinance...the outcry will begin. But I fear they will have to pay SIGNIFICANTLY first.

Doubt it.

~40% of the Hammond population has no income (ie. not a taxpayer) per CENUS info for 2000-2009 (Hammond city, Indiana - Fact Sheet - American FactFinder)

Now recall that 47% of households don't end up paying taxes anyways.
    Yes, 47% of Households Owe No Taxes. Look Closer. - NYTimes.com

So our 60% working income population just got hit by a minus 47% which leaves 13% working income population.

Do you really think 13% outright can drown out the DEMANDS of those entitled... :rolleyes:

Hammond will just get in line behind Gary and wait for a bail out as is the order of the day now a days. :faint:

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Doubt it.

~40% of the Hammond population has no income (ie. not a taxpayer) per CENUS info for 2000-2009 (Hammond city, Indiana - Fact Sheet - American FactFinder)

Now recall that 47% of households don't end up paying taxes anyways.
    Yes, 47% of Households Owe No Taxes. Look Closer. - NYTimes.com

So our 60% working income population just got hit by a minus 47% which leaves 13% working income population.

Do you really think 13% outright can drown out the DEMANDS of those entitled... :rolleyes:

Hammond will just get in line behind Gary and wait for a bail out as is the order of the day now a days. :faint:
    +1. The unions, welfare recips and minorities who keep these people in power could care less about cost, even if they do pay some taxes. They'll never vote out their sugar daddies and plantation owners.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I admit i have not waded through this entire thread so if this is dupe please disregard.

The original mayor McD (R) resigned from office in order to become a lobbyist at the state house. when he left he put Dewayne Deedlow in charge. i lived in Hammond at the time and thought that he did a pretty good job.

In the meantime lobbyist McD got boat gambling passed.

I go to church in Hammond and the snake oil salesman JR. McD (D) started campaigning at the big church with a lot of members. When the election came he swept the R's out of office. Now he and his mostly D city council control multi-millions in boat revenue yearly. If you need a new road in front of your house just call your friendly neighborhood council(person) between now and the next election.

You tell me the chances of Hammond breaking with Chicago style politics any time soon.

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    Wait, you aren't allowed to bring shoelaces into city buildings? What about a metal coat hanger? A plastic shopping bag? A pair of crutches? Or a belt with a heavy buckle on it? I was not allowed into the city county building in Indianapolis with my belt because the buckle was deemed "too large". Apparently they've had problems with people taking their belts off and swinging them around, using the weighted buckle as a flail.

The difference between a weapon and a harmless object is merely the manner in which you intend to use it.[/QUOTE

I may have been behind you for the belt buckle, were you there last Thursday? If not I saw another guy that had too large of a belt buckle.

Manan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    West Central
    You have to wonder, since the council members and the mayor KNOWINGLY voted to maintain an illegal policy, can they be held PERSONALLY LIABLE in the court of law and can a lawsuit ask to have them pay the damages/court costs PERSONALLY instead of having the citizens pay via their tax dollars?

Excellent point. And they are ON the record. I know when I am in Hammond, I am exercising my 2nd amendment rights the the full extent of the law.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    I've heard rumors that Councilwoman Poland is going to re-introduce the ordinance that removes the violations this evening. we'll see. Too bad I'll be in class.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I've heard rumors that Councilwoman Poland is going to re-introduce the ordinance that removes the violations this evening. we'll see. Too bad I'll be in class.

& I am sure that she will once again get shot down by the rest of the council and the Mayor. Can someone give us the video link once it's up to see the circus show please.

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    All I saw was the hot dog vendor complaining about the moving dog ordinance and the lady announcing the opening of the new hip hop dance studio. Hot stuff in Hammond! :D

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    Hammond tabled the discussion until they know the outcome of the lawsuit. Let's see how that ends up serving them in the end.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Hammond tabled the discussion until they know the outcome of the lawsuit. Let's see how that ends up serving them in the end.

:faint: & :faint: x 1000.
    Guess they just don't learn & even after a judge orders them to change it they are going to ddddddrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaggggggg their feet on it.

Top Bottom