• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Thanks so who knows how to navigate the internet well enough to find out all the donations that the mayor got this last time around. Does are reported somewhere.
    I can only find the pre-primary reports for last year:
    David Jensen $100...
    I'm sure there's more, but without the reports it's impossible to tell.

archy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    Oaktown/Vincennes ar
    Well, a third law firm has now entered its appearance for the City of Hammond in this litigation. (I'm not sure I've ever seen three separate law firms being paid to defend one case before.)

The motions for summary judgment are now fully briefed and remain set for hearing on February 29, 2012 at 2:30 PM (CST) in Crown Point, Lake Superior Court, Room 7.

Guy

I have, But it was after the charges of continuing criminal activity- and the triple damages recoverable from a municipal racketeering lawsuit became a possibility- and I bet somebody has warned the Hammond defendents that things could move in that direction.

IC 35-45-6-1 (e) (l9) Indiana Code 35-45-6

IC 34-24-2-6 Indiana Code 34-24-2

IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Northwest aka "da Region"
    Well, a third law firm has now entered its appearance for the City of Hammond in this litigation. (I'm not sure I've ever seen three separate law firms being paid to defend one case before.)

The motions for summary judgment are now fully briefed and remain set for hearing on February 29, 2012 at 2:30 PM (CST) in Crown Point, Lake Superior Court, Room 7.

Guy

Three on ONE??? Wow... wish my clients had the kind of taxpayers money to throw around like Hammond does... So, Guy, you want some extra Firepower, as in an extra legal "suit" present?

As long as I keep my mouth shut, I can be very intimidating... :xmad:

Maybe I should throw an Appearance in there as well...

Read over the briefs you sent by the way... Very persuasive... considering you have State Statute as well as the Constitution on your side....
    (Of course that's what we said about the 4th Amendment up until Barnes...):noway: :ugh:

PM me a note and let me know what I can do... If you want to meet early we can do that too.
    DMc

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    I don't know. Is the celebratity grandma going to be there? I'm looking to get her autograph but if the media is going to be snapping pics I'm not sure. ;)
    I think she will be. You can have your pic taken with her for the low price of $5....$10 if you live south of 30....$50 if you're from St. John.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I agree... let the lawsuits begin!

& thus why the lawsuit. East Chicago also has an illegal ordiance now as well. They had an AWB that was grandfathered in prior to this new law going into effect. However since JUL 2011 when the new law went into effect the EC AWB is no more, but it's still on the books.

I think she will be. You can have your pic taken with her for the low price of $5....$10 if you live south of 30....$50 if you're from St. John.

Will the picture be authographed?
    Do we get to hug, kiss, screaming like a little girl because we are seeing the celeb... :D

figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    is it just me or is there a big difference between norther and southern indiana? it seems like the farther north you go the more liberal they get.

Indiana has about 8 or 10 distinct regions. Most states do.

This reality is both fascinating, and problematic. Every area of the U.S. I've been in, has its distinct, unique qualities, yet each place is wholeheartedly American.

Unfortunately, a nation so geographically, and ethnically diverse as ours, is impossible to govern from one little pocket on the east coast. The fact that our federal government has usurped our individual state governments, will, I fear, be our undoing.

In Hammond, IN, it sounds like they have some real rocket surgeons running the show.

"If I sign it, I violate my principles. If I don't sign it, we get sued," McDermott said.

Yes, Mr. Mayor, it is really that simple.

IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Northwest aka "da Region"
    For those of you that were interested in attending, I thought I would answer the questions for Guy, as in talking to him today, he obviously has his hands full preparing for this Hearing (Wednesday the 29th, Court 7 at 2:30 Central Time)

Here are your answers:
    Yes, anyone can attend an open Court Hearing. The Court is in the main County Court Building off of 93rd? in Crown Point.
    If you have any trouble finding it, the matter is before Judge Dwann. Ask any court person and they should be able to direct you in the right direction.

Caveats and Warnings:

1. Keep in mind this is a Court of Law and therefore Court Decorum and Respect Must be maintained. NO WOOFS, Cat Calls, or other disruptions will be tolerated, and further does not help the situation. This Judge will NOT tolerate anything of the sort. Most don't. Do not REACT to anything that is said in court, positive or Negative.

If anyone asks why you are there, you can simply say, "I'm just here observing" and that should be sufficient.

2. Observe, and be quiet. It should be of interest just seeing poor Guy, sitting up there against this MASS of attorney's on the other side.

3. If it is like most Courts, Cell Phones must be left in your car, as well as anything else you might have in your pockets. (yes this little "folder" on your pocket stays in the car as well).

4. No recording equipment of any sort is allowed. However, you can take handwritten notes.

5. Dress appropriately. You don't have to wear a suit or "dress up", but you SHOULD look like the "responsible law-abiding citizen" that we are. If you look like you are just hanging out waiting for your OWN hearing, it doesn't represent any of us well.

6. And, (do I even have to say this?)
    Leave your EDC at home or locked in the car. (and considering this is Lake County, if you do leave it in the Car make damn sure no one sees you leaving it, or you can possibly have the bad surprise of finding one of your windows punched and your "baby" long gone...) This IS a COURT building and it is highly illegal to be carrying in same.

If you have any other questions about attending the Hearing, PM me or if it is of general interest, respond on this thread...

I will be there. Good luck Guy!!!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Maybe on the autograph. And if you try to kiss my wife she'd probably kick you in the gonads.:dunno:

Even if I wear a T-Shirt with her pic and a jacket like this and scream and cry and hyperventilate as she passes me by?
    120811_biber_bonnie_says_600_111208160058_new111208170137.jpg

:laugh:

5. Dress appropriately. You don't have to wear a suit or "dress up", but you SHOULD look like the "responsible law-abiding citizen" that we are. If you look like you are just hanging out waiting for your OWN hearing, it doesn't represent any of us well.

oh man! I was gonna wear this
    sart-baggy.JPG

:D

Top Bottom