• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Since simply adding a little context would have stopped this mess, in today's environment, yes it was an unforced error. You have to be cognizant of how things can be twisted, and work to not make it easy.
    He showed an image of where they added context later. Which he rejected. Why would you think if they'd have added that to begin with this thread would have gone any different? He seemed to be saying that they were agreeing with Hitler all along. They were saying that the Left is doing what Hitler said. They were associating Hitler with the Left, not with them. They weren't advocating for that quote to be enacted. They were warning that the left HAS enacted.

Also, someone made the point that the context was the rest of the newsletter. I absolutely agree. If you read that, it is intuitively obvious that they could not be in agreement with the quote. But if all you did was see a quote from Hitler, and you assume without reading anything else that they were agreeing with Hitler, you're the one in the wrong here.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    This is not an accurate reading of my words, it is your misinterpretation of my words.
    Do you seriously believe you have not called them Nazis? Seriously, just look at the title you gave the thread.
    But you have answered my question...you will ban me for failing to “prove” a position I never argued in the first place.

Okay…understood.

This is why I asked for clarification. I will voluntarily remove myself from the thread to comply with your orders.
    Orders? Really?

This is why people can't take you serious, you always try to spin it into something it's not.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Do you seriously believe you have not called them Nazis? Seriously, just look at the title you gave the thread.
    Not unequivocally. He's come pretty close though. But like I said, his main point did seem to be more that it's not a good look.

Orders? Really?

This is why people can't take you serious, you always try to spin it into something it's not.
    Yeah, that was a bit melodramatic.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Not unequivocally. He's come pretty close though. But like I said, his main point did seem to be more that it's not a good look.

Yeah, that was a bit melodramatic.
    That's just playing the stupid game of just riding the edge of calling it what you want. Same stupid horse :poop: kut would do. Everybody knows what you're calling them

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Since simply adding a little context would have stopped this mess, in today's environment, yes it was an unforced error. You have to be cognizant of how things can be twisted, and work to not make it easy.
    No, no it won't. To people who think this group are literal Nazis, there is nothing they could say they would avoid this risk. Nothing. Everything they say will be twisted, regardless of how illogical the twisting might be, to make their words fit the delusional version of how the leftist view them.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That's just playing the stupid game of just riding the edge of calling it what you want. Same stupid horse :poop: kut would do. Everybody knows what you're calling them
    I looked at his claim which was his argument was that it's not a good look. In terms of arguments he actually made, that's true. He did not actually argue that they were Nazis (making a claim and then defending it through argumentation) though he made a few snarks here and there that strongly implied he belies they are Nazis. Take the snark away and it is exactly as claimed.

And about Kut, maybe it's close to that. Maybe not. With Kut, his purpose was to come and poke the conservatives in areas he knew they'd react to stir **** up. Get people pissed off, and get them banned. It became apparent quickly that XMil engaged in threads just to troll.

LG has been here awhile and hasn't really stirred all that much up. Just posting anything contrary to the common world view here gets things stirred up anyway. LG has a different worldview for sure. Simply arguing points with people from different worldviews isn't trolling, even if people do get riled up about it. And he's thrown in some snark here and there, but that's just a common thing on the internet. Did he start this thread just to tweak conservatives?

I dunno. But. I think he made an unforced error by not adding more context. :):

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I looked at his claim which was his argument was that it's not a good look. In terms of arguments he actually made, that's true. He did not actually argue that they were Nazis (making a claim and then defending it through argumentation) though he made a few snarks here and there that strongly implied he belies they are Nazis. Take the snark away and it is exactly as claimed.

And about Kut, maybe it's close to that. Maybe not. With Kut, his purpose was to come and poke the conservatives in areas he knew they'd react to stir **** up. Get people pissed off, and get them banned. It became apparent quickly that XMil engaged in threads just to troll.

LG has been here awhile and hasn't really stirred all that much up. Just posting anything contrary to the common world view here gets things stirred up anyway. LG has a different worldview for sure. Simply arguing points with people from different worldviews isn't trolling, even if people do get riled up about it. And he's thrown in some snark here and there, but that's just a common thing on the internet. Did he start this thread just to tweak conservatives?

I dunno. But. I think he made an unforced error by not adding more context. :):
    I think throughout the whole thread he is just trying to poke the "conservatives" and stir **** up. From the MAGA nonsense all the way to the end with the "comply with your oders" bs.

Anyways I've spent way to much time and effort on this nonsense, I have some grilling to do.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    No, no it won't. To people who think this group are literal Nazis, there is nothing they could say they would avoid this risk. Nothing. Everything they say will be twisted, regardless of how illogical the twisting might be, to make their words fit the delusional version of how the leftist view them.
    I think I've said this before. I think to be an unforced error, it has to be something that clearly undermines one's purpose, and also in a way that can't be spun any more harmful than reality. If it is, it can't be an unforced error. Because you can't predict any one of the infinite number of clever ways someone can act in bad faith against you. That's unpredictable, and therefore not an unforced error.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I don’t think you are wrong…at least, I think you have a valid point about the lack of context making it look worse.

I don’t think it makes sense to bring up Hitler unprompted at all…and certainly not without context…why even risk the association wIth, you know…Hitler.

…and tweeting white nationalist slogans doesn’t really help make their “we totally aren‘t nazi’s“ argument much stronger.

If someone is actually a nazi, they will tell you.

This is why I always find these rabbit holes ridiculous and tone deaf to what actually happens in the real world.

Never put it past left wing groups to do stunts like this for framing purposes, either. If you want to meet actual nazis, go to stormfront, they won't pretend they aren't... Because people at that end of the political spectrum don't hide it.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Those aren't the people that matter here. It is much easier to paint someone as something when they do something like that. A little context would have stopped the spread rather easily when they could show the context that would have had to be left out to make the accusation.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I think I've said this before. I think to be an unforced error, it has to be something that clearly undermines one's purpose, and also in a way that can't be spun any more harmful than reality. If it is, it can't be an unforced error. Because you can't predict any one of the infinite number of clever ways someone can act in bad faith against you. That's unpredictable, and therefore not an unforced error.
    That one was very predictable for anyone that spends time on the Internet.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Considering how much snark people that post from any other viewpoint get, it is any wonder they ended getting snarky?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Considering how much snark people that post from any other viewpoint get, it is any wonder they ended getting snarky?
    Snark is just gonna happen between parties that disagree with each other on the internet.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Those aren't the people that matter here. It is much easier to paint someone as something when they do something like that. A little context would have stopped the spread rather easily when they could show the context that would have had to be left out to make the accusation.
    I think some people spend too much time worrying about what leftist idiots think.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I mean if it’s the normal kind if snark. A number of lefty types have come here to troll the conservatives and Trumpers and since that’s the main demographic here, I can see why the leadership wants to keep that in check.

It’s unfortunate. Because lefties tend to get put on a shorter leash. But here I don’t think LG was trolling. But I also think it’s really hard to tell sometimes. Like I said before, I gave Kut benefit of the doubt and it turned out that I was wrong about that.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If someone is actually a nazi, they will tell you.

This is why I always find these rabbit holes ridiculous and tone deaf to what actually happens in the real world.

Never put it past left wing groups to do stunts like this for framing purposes, either. If you want to meet actual nazis, go to stormfront, they won't pretend they aren't... Because people at that end of the political spectrum don't hide it.
    Yeah. The left keeps talking about Dog whistles. And they’re the only ones that hear them. White nationalists are in your face about what they believe. They are not afraid to be up front about who they hate and why.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Maybe if they’re an honest broker. And that’s only still a maybe. Let’s assume LG is. He still was very reluctant to concede that there was a context in which that quote was appropriate.

This fear of quoting Nazis is dangerous. Let’s keep the lessons learned in front of us so that they’re not repeated. That group has a valid point with that quote. Let it stand. The groomers are acting like Nazis with the child indoctrination they’re doing.

These groomers are following that tactic. Joe Biden’s speech a while back basically claiming the lefty talking point that kids belong to them? All that “takes a village” nonsense. Pride people marching and chanting that they’re coming for our kids?

I think many Democrats deserve to have Hitler, Mao, and Stalin figuratively hung around their necks like a necklace of shame because that’s who they’re acting like. They have the nerve to call conservatives fascists?

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    And talk about unforced errors. The more they get seen telling us what they’re doing, the more people rise against them.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom