• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    When it comes to that region, assigning a victim mentality to any specific group is going to be a losing battle lol.

Everyone is a victim when it comes to lobbying for taxpayer's money.
    My point is when people fall into into this mental health crises they do not believe that anything can change and why try. So they just float down stream like the rest of the dead fish. It doesn't matter if they are in Gaza or Indianapolis. They just have no will to fight.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Biden sent Blinken to pressure Netanyahu to stop fighting. I think we see the answer he gave. Israel is still fighting.

Now will Biden pull all support, and assets because Netanyahu disobeyed his wishes?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Hamas isn't made up of the sharpest tools in the shed is it? They don't want the people to leave, so they can use them as human shields. So instead, they kill them, so... wait for it... they can't be used as human shields. :nuts:
    Not really.
    Cause it affects the others that witness it, and tell others.
    The death of 5, may cause 100 to turn around.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Anyone that uses tik tok as a “news” source doesn’t have the brain capacity to peal an orange. Their views are unchangeable and irrelevant.
    Where do you get your news? Is social media any worse of a source than traditional media? Look at all the places INGO gets its news. People post videos from many right wing independent journalists. TimcastIRL, Officer Tatum, many others.

TheBottomLine, the source in the post you replied to, is from Twitter, itself a social media source, reporting that kids get their news from social media. This is the new world of independent journalists. It’s just what it is.

TikTok is like the YouTube for young people. Because anyone with a camera and a internet connection can have a presence on TikTok, anyone can share information and influence people. The right wing version of news is well represented on Youtube, but not TikTok. Unless we want to have an official news source, which is not angood idea, then I think the charismatic young conservatives need to get on TikTok and provide coverage of alternative points of view.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Do they have the brain capacity to spell "peel?"

:): (J/K)

Seriously, though...just because you don't like a particular source doesn't mean that there isn't relevant information, data and intelligence to be gathered from that source. Quite a bit of sorting the wheat from the chaff, obviously. But it's not a bad idea to be familiar with what the idiots are saying and doing. Shutting off the radar because you might see something you don't like is not a good strategy for awareness and preparedness.
    I remember this exact 'breaking news' argument being made about pre-Musk twitter and it turned out be a hotbed of fealty to the government narrative paired with ruthless suppression of opposing viewpoints no matter how well credentialed the source. Even post-Musk, twitteX is still rife with propaganda and regime agitprop

It probably is better than MSNBC or CNN, but that's a REALLY low bar

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Where do you get your news? Is social media any worse of a source than traditional media? Look at all the places INGO gets its news. People post videos from many right wing independent journalists. TimcastIRL, Officer Tatum, many others.

TheBottomLine, the source in the post you replied to, is from Twitter, itself a social media source, reporting that kids get their news from social media. This is the new world of independent journalists. It’s just what it is.

TikTok is like the YouTube for young people. Because anyone with a camera and a internet connection can have a presence on TikTok, anyone can share information and influence people. The right wing version of news is well represented on Youtube, but not TikTok. Unless we want to have an official news source, which is not angood idea, then I think the charismatic young conservatives need to get on TikTok and provide coverage of alternative points of view.
    Isn't TikTok still a Chinese company, and hence controlled by the CCP?

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    I tend to try to use several different sources, sometimes social media, for news. Right wing sites, left wing sites, neutral ones if I can find one. Foreign news is a good place to get a different perspective on things. I try to filter out the bias and put a little bit of critical thinking into it, but sometimes it is hard to decipher the truth

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    "The medium is the message" - Marshall McLuhan
    That's true, and probably to a much higher degree with social media, where the platform picks what is available for people to choose to watch. I suppose we could ban TikTok in the US. Probably people can find ways to consume it anyway. Might be better to have more conservative viewpoints available there depending on how they might get around the algorithms. I don't feel like YouTube's algorithms hamper my ability to watch conservative content.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I don't think IDF cares about human shields (nor should they).
    My statement, is about, why would the hostages just not run, since they're gonna be killed by a bomb anyway.

Well, if they rushed a gunman, only so many could be killed.
    But, they worry they could be one.
    So, wait for the bombs. Maybe you'll live.

Keep putting off death, cause there's a chance it will go away.
    A common human experience.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

I highly doubt Chinese government ran tiktok will allow a true conservative voice, and truth on their platform.

Top Bottom