• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Can you see the X posts if you click on them? Does it have a popup asking you to creat an account? I've got an account, so I'm not sure how it acts if you don't. Just curious.

Everybody has different interests, so having an X account allows you to tailor your news/subject feed to your likes. And I find that I know about things hours or days before it's in the news. I found out about Sig's new X-Ten compact pistol before there was the first YouTube video on it.

Not sure exactly what the resistance is to signing up to a free account that is literally the main digital town square right now. No one has to use their real name, just like INGO.
    You can see them.
    You can't see replies though.

nucular

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Do they have the brain capacity to spell "peel?"

:): (J/K)

Seriously, though...just because you don't like a particular source doesn't mean that there isn't relevant information, data and intelligence to be gathered from that source. Quite a bit of sorting the wheat from the chaff, obviously. But it's not a bad idea to be familiar with what the idiots are saying and doing. Shutting off the radar because you might see something you don't like is not a good strategy for awareness and preparedness.

Getting your news from social media isn't necessarily a bad thing but the problem is that just due to how those platforms work, you kind of get a tunnel vision type of view where what you watch causes that type of media to be promoted to you. It's also a lot easier to pump it full of fake news.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I listened to a larger clip of this talk Shapiro gave at Oxford. He shines brightest when he engages the educated idiots on college campuses. I put this here because the context of this short clip had to do with Isreali ”proportionality” when it comes to dealing with Hamas.

That's why history is important.
    And why they don't think it's important.

Don't want their lemmings to start thinking

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Getting your news from social media isn't necessarily a bad thing but the problem is that just due to how those platforms work, you kind of get a tunnel vision type of view where what you watch causes that type of media to be promoted to you. It's also a lot easier to pump it full of fake news.
    That's very true. Even though my X account is my most common originator of information because of ease of use and convenience, I like to post both an X post and a regular mainstream media post if I think it's important. No one should limit themselves to an echo chamber. Always good to check multiple sources. Even CNN accidentally get something right occasionally.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Was going to start another thread on this, but I think it's an effect of what is going on in the Middle East right now, so it kinda fits here as a related issue. Hopefully, Europe is starting to wake up to what's really going on in the world. Cancer is easier to treat if you catch it early enough.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    So you're basically using my X account and DadSmith's Telegram account by proxy.

You're welcome.

:)

***In my best Tim Wilson voice***

But he’s a good kid

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Was going to start another thread on this, but I think it's an effect of what is going on in the Middle East right now, so it kinda fits here as a related issue. Hopefully, Europe is starting to wake up to what's really going on in the world. Cancer is easier to treat if you catch it early enough.

Better late than never.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

View attachment 309739

Maybe arming and supporting them is a route to fixing the problem, then.

What better enemy than one that kills its self.

Hopefully one day the neo-liberals will start to realize that a war is won by depleting resources and manpower to a point such that your opponent can no longer retaliate. Treating war as if it's some sort of police work is how you end up with generational conflicts that bankrupt nations and end up with millions of deaths.

Every one of those "civilians" would pick up a rifle and shoot at allied troops for a $5 bill. That's what they did in Iraq and Afghanistan, and why the ANA was a hopeless endeavor.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    If they actually would that's a different story.
    Some people just have a victim mentality even here in the United States.

When it comes to that region, assigning a victim mentality to any specific group is going to be a losing battle lol.

Everyone is a victim when it comes to lobbying for taxpayer's money.

Top Bottom