• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    I agree that much foreign aid could be spent more wisely, or not at all in some cases, but foreign aid is a drop in the bucket of federal expenditures. Military expenditures also are way down there, including stuff like the Iraqi and Afghanistan wars. As a percent of US GDP Iraq/Afghanistan are way below the Reagan build-up, nevermind Vietnam, Korea, or WWII, and we are significantly down from OEF/OIF.

Just this fiscal year the Department of Health and Human Services, Social Security Administration, and the Dept of the Treasury have EACH spent more than the DoD, and the Dept of State and foreign aid don’t even register on this scale of expenditure. Hint: it’s not the foreign wars and foreign aid part of government expenditures that are causing economic problems in the United States.

The Russians are bad guys and they should be kicked out of Ukraine, but that doesn’t make Ukraine the good guys and I am perfectly willing to believe they are as corrupt as the Russians say they are (which is the pot calling the kettle black). Joe Biden is definitely dirty in this as well. I’d be happy to tell the rest of NATO “we’re going to lead from the back on this one, you guys got it, good luck” and supply just enough aid to make sure the Russians don’t win.

Israel is culturally and politically a western ally, a technically adept ally as well, and they’re certainly worth more than Ukraine if you’re looking at it from a purely national interest point of view.

It’s all well, and good to natter on about foreign entanglements,such but guess what? The Greatest Generation (and the fact that nearly every other country had to fight on their home turf except us) made us a super power, and you wouldn’t like life much if we weren’t. Just because you don’t want to be entangled doesn’t mean those entanglements are not going to come look for you. The US is the big dog on the planet, and our cultural, economic, and military influence is resented and seen as a source of evil by our enemies (and some nominal “allies”). They are going to come entangle us, whether we want to be in tangled or not. They say it out loud and they mean it. It’s much smarter to fight several “unnecessary” small wars on somebody else’s turf than to have to deal with a truly existential one here at home.

So in the current mess, we should back Israel to the hilt in Gaza and the mideast generally, and if Iran gets waxed in the process the world will be better off. I don’t think Iran really has their arms around an operational nuke yet, but when they do, the world is gonna be much more unpleasant, then it is now. If Hamas is not hunted down and exterminated, they will see this as a victory and continue to attract and literally breed more “soldiers” in the ME and abroad.

And oh, by the way, there was some guy awhile back who was busy lining up the Israelis and the Arabs as allies against a bunch of religious nuts in another country who wanted to build their own nuke (as well as making the Palestinian “problem“ irrelevant). He was well on his way to setting up the ME to take care of its own problems. Wonder whatever happened to that effort, can’t quite remember his name.
    QFT.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville

Vodnik4

Aspiring Redneck
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2021
    Monroe
    Which begs the question of why Jews seeking to escape violence would choose that as a destination - assuming they were given a choice
    Just did some digging… There was a group called “mountain Jews”, lived there since 5th century BC, way before Islam was invented. Most of them emigrated to Israel or US. Btw, that mob is not “Russian”, they are Dagestani.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Just did some digging… There was a group called “mountain Jews”, lived there since 5th century BC, way before Islam was invented. Most of them emigrated to Israel or US. Btw, that mob is not “Russian”, they are Dagestani.

OK, so it sounds like that group said the equivalent of "Our grandparents grew up in the Tuxedo Park neighborhood back in the 1920s. They said it was really nice. Lets move back there. "

Tuxedo Park is one of the roughest neighborhoods in Indy today.

Last edited:

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County

**** Hamas and anybody who supports them. Kill them all. Watch all the way through. :xmad: :xmad: :xmad:
    I try to be careful to not use the "sub-human" label. This is right there, in fact it is arguably far over the line.

Animals do not treat other animals as HAMAS treated these Israelis. There is uncivilized, and then there is incarnate evil, and HAMAS and all those who have supported it are incarnate evil. The only thing to do is to hunt down and exterminate ALL of them. No living thing which committed these acts can be rehabilitated, only terminated so that they may not seduce others or reproduce.

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    That woman's body on the truck...

**** all those who excuse Hamas's heinous acts of barbarism as some sort of righteousness on behalf of the Palestinians.. Go to hell along with them.

Last edited:

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Has anyone heard of Hamas calling for a day of jihad worldwide tomorrow?

I have seen it a couple places, nothing credible. Just checking to see if anyone else has seen this.

ZurokSlayer7X9

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    Has anyone heard of Hamas calling for a day of jihad worldwide tomorrow?

I have seen it a couple places, nothing credible. Just checking to see if anyone else has seen this.
    Which worldwide day of Jihad would this one make since Oct. 7th? Five? I lost count. It seems like they call for that at least twice a week.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I agree that much foreign aid could be spent more wisely, or not at all in some cases, but foreign aid is a drop in the bucket of federal expenditures. Military expenditures also are way down there, including stuff like the Iraqi and Afghanistan wars. As a percent of US GDP Iraq/Afghanistan are way below the Reagan build-up, nevermind Vietnam, Korea, or WWII, and we are significantly down from OEF/OIF.

Just this fiscal year the Department of Health and Human Services, Social Security Administration, and the Dept of the Treasury have EACH spent more than the DoD, and the Dept of State and foreign aid don’t even register on this scale of expenditure. Hint: it’s not the foreign wars and foreign aid part of government expenditures that are causing economic problems in the United States.

The Russians are bad guys and they should be kicked out of Ukraine, but that doesn’t make Ukraine the good guys and I am perfectly willing to believe they are as corrupt as the Russians say they are (which is the pot calling the kettle black). Joe Biden is definitely dirty in this as well. I’d be happy to tell the rest of NATO “we’re going to lead from the back on this one, you guys got it, good luck” and supply just enough aid to make sure the Russians don’t win.

Israel is culturally and politically a western ally, a technically adept ally as well, and they’re certainly worth more than Ukraine if you’re looking at it from a purely national interest point of view.

It’s all well, and good to natter on about foreign entanglements,such but guess what? The Greatest Generation (and the fact that nearly every other country had to fight on their home turf except us) made us a super power, and you wouldn’t like life much if we weren’t. Just because you don’t want to be entangled doesn’t mean those entanglements are not going to come look for you. The US is the big dog on the planet, and our cultural, economic, and military influence is resented and seen as a source of evil by our enemies (and some nominal “allies”). They are going to come entangle us, whether we want to be in tangled or not. They say it out loud and they mean it. It’s much smarter to fight several “unnecessary” small wars on somebody else’s turf than to have to deal with a truly existential one here at home.

So in the current mess, we should back Israel to the hilt in Gaza and the mideast generally, and if Iran gets waxed in the process the world will be better off. I don’t think Iran really has their arms around an operational nuke yet, but when they do, the world is gonna be much more unpleasant, then it is now. If Hamas is not hunted down and exterminated, they will see this as a victory and continue to attract and literally breed more “soldiers” in the ME and abroad.

And oh, by the way, there was some guy awhile back who was busy lining up the Israelis and the Arabs as allies against a bunch of religious nuts in another country who wanted to build their own nuke (as well as making the Palestinian “problem“ irrelevant). He was well on his way to setting up the ME to take care of its own problems. Wonder whatever happened to that effort, can’t quite remember his name.

The problem with neo-liberal ideology like that is that you need an economy and standard of living baseline to keep looting the public for foreign expenditure like that.

But neo-liberals never seem to acknowledge that when we're broke they can't play their geopolitical games, so they start running the deficit up to the moon, and we all end up with slave wages through inflation.

It wouldn't be such a problem if the start of the conversation began with how we're going to improve the standard of living and the economy to help pay for it. Where it becomes a problem is when only the end goals are taken into consideration, and since those at the top of the political food chain never suffer the detrimental effects of it, they never pay attention to what they're causing domestically.

We played this game from the 60s up to today without a break, I think it's time to start focusing on rebuilding what the neo-liberals have destroyed at home. The only times we've been attacked in the last hundred years have been when we sought to entangle ourselves in other's affairs.

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom