• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Study your history. It may not be politically correct but it is as it is.

I'd rather you support your statement with facts.

You say that the US fought the Barbary Pirates because they were Moslems, and yet the oldest US diplomatic mission is the one located in Tangiers.

American Legation, Tangier - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Needless to say, they are also "Moslems."

The US Navy, the frigates you spoke of, were give "safe passage" through the Med by Sultan Mohammad III of Morocco (where Tangiers is located), resulting in the Moroccan-American Treaty of Friendship. And these people were ALL Moslesm.

For more:

History | Embassy of the United States

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Will you please use your head for something other than a hat rack? Your linked material says:

The legation is an elaborate Moorish-style building of stuccoed masonry. This complex structure contains the two-story mud and stone building presented to the United States in 1821 by Sultan Moulay Suliman.

This happened 18 years after your peaceful Moslems became peaceful by means of getting their asses handed to them by Decatur in 1803.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Will you please use your head for something other than a hat rack? Your linked material says:

This happened 18 years after your peaceful Moslems became peaceful by means of getting their asses handed to them by Decatur in 1803.

Don't start this selective reading stuff with me IndyD. the Legation served as a commerative building. Stone and masonry do not make diplomacy; actions do.
    If you had read a little further you would have seen (2 sentences later)

It is symbolic of the 1786 Moroccan–American Treaty of Friendship, which is still in force today.

And you speak of Decatur, but you fail to note that the vast majority of forces under American demand were Arab, Greek, and Berbers. It's utter nonsense to keep stating that the Barbary Wars were fought because the enemy were "Moslems."

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    So, I'll ask you flatout, should United States foreign policy be based on religious notions?
    If the Palestinians were a threat to your home, your family, I'd be the first to press the button that vaporizes their butts. You're an American, and after my blood family, all those that share my citizenship come next.
    Your safety, I'll defend... someone else's, a 1000 miles away, I reserve the right the to say "no." And I most assuredly believe that my govt should not waste our resources in defending a nation that has no credible benefit to the US as a whole.

No thank you. This old lady can take care of herself and others. And I wouldn't want to have to keep watching my back.

I wouldn't even consider asking you to leave the comfort of your "space" to assist others. No problem.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    No thank you. This old lady can take care of herself and others. And I wouldn't want to have to keep watching my back.

I wouldn't even consider asking you to leave the comfort of your "space" to assist others. No problem.

Uh, didn't you cite age and ability as why you arent enlisting with the IDF? If your so "capable," why aren't doing your duty and helping protect the Holy Land? Unless of course, it's NOT really that important to you... at least when youre the one put in harm's way. But it's all good for someone else. nice.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Israel is the snot-nosed punk, adopted kid step-brother of America. They run their mouth, take parts of the Sandbox that do not belong to them and when someone gives them a righteous black eye........they come running to America. Then we are supposed to settle the matter.

We have become conditioned to not use the "I" word. The word "Israel" has become almost taboo. We are expected to watch their illegal actions and say nothing or become labelled an "anti-semite".

Win the fight with the younger brother, lose the fight with the older brother.

You have an interesting take on the recent history of the Middle East. Perhaps you should study some history and get your facts straight.

Israel defended its right to exist in 1948-49 against its Arab neighbors.

The US took over supplying Israel from the French and West Germans in 1966. In 1967, Israel's neighbors amassed troops on their borders with Israel and closed the Straits of Tiran to Israeli shipping; the Israeli's pre-emptively kicked their butts and took some of their territory to buffer themselves against their neighbors.

In 1973, Egypt and Syria launched a surprise invasion of Israel, which kicked their collective butts again.

From the time of its inception, their neighbors have been trying to destroy Israel. When conventional military action didn't work, the Arabs resorted to the slow-cut torture of terrorism, both to Jews worldwide and within Israel. Israel has responded to attacks on itself by going after the terrorists rather than going after the "nation" of Palestine.

Although they have shown themselves willing to negotiate in good faith, the Palestinians have not. Everytime they've started a conflict and started getting beaten militarily, the Palestinians have cried about civilian casualties, but when they negotiate, they negotiate just like the North Vietnamese and North Korean Communists did with us; they lie through their teeth and stall for time to rebuild.

Since the Arabs have vowed to destroy the only working democracy in the Middle East, I can't think of a reason in the world why we shouldn't be willing to assist Israel against their enemies.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Uh, didn't you cite age and ability as why you arent enlisting with the IDF? If your so "capable," why aren't doing your duty and helping protect the Holy Land? Unless of course, it's NOT really that important to you... at least when youre the one put in harm's way. But it's all good for someone else. nice.

I am 62 and know that I would be rejected because of my age. But, here at home, is another matter. Non military defense will be necessary in the future. (Perhaps, not so distant) And I am not of the "ME" generation.

Just stay away from my area and we will be ok.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I am 62 and know that I would be rejected because of my age. But, here at home, is another matter. Non military defense will be necessary in the future. (Perhaps, not so distant) And I am not of the "ME" generation.

Just stay away from my area and we will be ok.

Your "area" ends at your property line. I reserve the right to travel freely upon public lands.

Solitaire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Indy
    Those of us who are children of God DO owe Israel our support!
    The Israelis were the ORIGINAL owners of the land. It was STOLEN from them CENTURIES ago! (When, they were taken as slaves)

1. When does your plane for Tel Aviv leave? You may be too old for the IDF, but I'm sure they can find something for you to do. You are already carrying their water.

2. You can take your belongings, but your land will revert to whatever tribe was run off of it less than 2 centuries ago, since you seem to be so concerned with settling old accounts.

Israel can take care of themselves. They'll call if they need us.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Your life, your safety. Your choice. I just wouldn't want you mistaken for the enemy. (Just don't wear a blue helmet. :):) Unfriendlies not welcome.

And I wouldn't want you going to jail mistaking someone for an "enemy" that isn't on your property or endangering your life.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    1. When does your plane for Tel Aviv leave? You may be too old for the IDF, but I'm sure they can find something for you to do. You are already carrying their water.

2. You can take your belongings, but your land will revert to whatever tribe was run off of it less than 2 centuries ago, since you seem to be so concerned with settling old accounts.

Israel can take care of themselves. They'll call if they need us.

I know they can.
    And you need to get off that indian "train". You are here also. And you don't deserve it any more than anyone else. Even if you are a decendant - you don't deserve anything because you failed them.

We have more than compensated them over the decades and still are. And MY people weren't even here at the time - so it has nothing to do with me and mine. So - cry another river!

Solitaire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Indy
    I know they can.
    And you need to get off that indian "train". You are here also. And you don't deserve it any more than anyone else. Even if you are a decendant - you don't deserve anything because you failed them.

We have more than compensated them over the decades and still are. And MY people weren't even here at the time - so it has nothing to do with me and mine. So - cry another river!

Guess what. The people who "stole" the land from the Israelis and the Israelis who had their land stolen aren't here anymore, either. That whole saga has nothing to do with you or yours.

That was the point I was making. I personally don't care that my house might be on land that was originally home to native Americans, because I'm way too late in the game to have been involved. I don't mind our government extending courtesies to them, because damn, it was a raw deal and fairly recent in the grand scheme of time. But centuries old crap halfway around the globe? Pffft. :rolleyes:

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    And I wouldn't want you going to jail mistaking someone for an "enemy" that isn't on your property or endangering your life.

I was referring to the war that this administration is inviting by refusing to close the border and "give a pass" to (illegals and others). And don't forget the UN thugs. Obama is selling us out. And, of course, we can't trust anyone.
    So, be wise. Stay with those you know.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Guess what. The people who "stole" the land from the Israelis and the Israelis who had their land stolen aren't here anymore, either. That whole saga has nothing to do with you or yours.

That was the point I was making. I personally don't care that my house might be on land that was originally home to native Americans, because I'm way too late in the game to have been involved. I don't mind our government extending courtesies to them, because damn, it was a raw deal and fairly recent in the grand scheme of time. But centuries old crap halfway around the globe? Pffft. :rolleyes:

Did you forget that the radical muslims said that after they kill all the Jews, that they would come (here) after us? In fact, there are many locations already in the US. And more are coming in through the southern borders (mostly) daily. And what are they bringing with them? Your guess is as good as mine.

Solitaire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Indy
    Did you forget that the radical muslims said that after they kill all the Jews, that they would come (here) after us? In fact, there are many locations already in the US. And more are coming in through the southern borders (mostly) daily. And what are they bringing with them? Your guess is as good as mine.

Oh gee, that changes everything!! They said they are gonna kill us? They are already here????!!!

:biggun: :runaway::runaway::runaway::runaway::runaway: :shoot:

Nuke 'em!!!

Nuke 'em from orbit!!!!!

:):

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Jesus H. Christ, Fox News this and Fox News that, do you guys EVER turn the record over? Is there SOMETHING you guys hope to accomplish by constantly bringing up Fox News, or is it just to look like you're part of some "in" crowd?:rolleyes:

One time.... just one time I'd like you people to say something about NBC, ABC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, etc... One knows EXACTLY what slant Fox News promotes, it's no secret to anyone with a brain. So why the incessant need to feel it must be brought up? They make no attempt to hide it and curiously, why the deafening silence on all the others who claim totally "unbiased" news reporting?:dunno:

Plenty of people on here bash those companies and get all of their info from Fox News.. why would I talk about Liberal News stations on a Conservative forum board?

Do you watch NBC, ABC, CNN and get your information there?

I didn't think so... :noway:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Not really trying to keep score or anything, but a radical Christian was waaaaay more successful at killing Jews than all the radical Muslims combined.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    I don't want to get into a religious discussion and won't, but to answer you I personally believe the Bible and it says that Israel is chosen by God and any country that turns it's back on Israel or fights against it, God will forsake and turn his back on that country. That is why I personally feel it is very necessary for America to defend Israel.

If "America" = "Christianity" then I guess this would make sense... :dunno:

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    I would love to discuss this in further detail, but the ghosts of INGO past have paved the road for us with name calling and personal attacts so rules for the meek forbid my offer.

However, regardless this country has made its name for sticking up for the underdog getting picked on, the unjust, and have always fought fo the rightcious. Now there's nay-sayers...that's cool everyone's got that right. Just remember what this country stands for, no matter how you feel about the leader or his admin, as a whole we are bigger and better than one persons agenda. And at some point everyone is the little guy getting picked on.

The "underdog being picked on"? How does that describe Israel in its current state?

Gaza is a much larger underdog :n00b:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom