• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Sorry, I'll make the next one extra pointy so you can feel the sarcasm.

Extra pointy.

Oh, I got it. I just thought it was a bit ironic that in your attempt to paint me as ignorant but trying to pass myself off as intelligent that you simultaneously painted others as ignorant and too dumb to know it.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I find it interesting that several media outlets are making Israel out to be the bad guy and the aggressor for "escallating" things with additional strikes.

Pretty much standard operating procedure from the media.

hamass is firing rockets - unguided rockets - just anywhere into Israel.
    They are not picking military targets, they are not aiming at the leadership, they are hoping to hit anyone and anything.

Israel is hitting hamas leadership and members - cut the head off the snake
    with pin point hits. Does anyone really think they could not level Gaza if they wanted to?

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    Is anyone else not just sick to death of the whole thing? I honestly don't give a crap either way. The situation is never going to be solved until one side wipes out the other. So, stop beating around the bush, stop hamstringing everyone, and just let all hell break loose until the last man is left standing.

I've been hearing about it all my life, and frankly I'm sick to death of it. Also, while I prefer that Israel wins, I frankly don't give a red rat's ass who wins, just so long as they all stfu.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Is anyone else not just sick to death of the whole thing? I honestly don't give a crap either way. The situation is never going to be solved until one side wipes out the other. So, stop beating around the bush, stop hamstringing everyone, and just let all hell break loose until the last man is left standing.

I've been hearing about it all my life, and frankly I'm sick to death of it. Also, while I prefer that Israel wins, I frankly don't give a red rat's ass who wins, just so long as they all stfu.

Without getting too religious...I think letting both sides battle to the end would be a lot like the "Armegeddon" written about in the world's #1 best selling book. ;)

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    For those of you who might have forgotten - the plan is to wipe out Israel, then come after us. (Big Satan/Little Satan)

They hate everyone who will not become Muslim. They intend to kill all who refuse. It is NOT a Jewish thing, it's a "become Muslim or die" thing.
    (Yep! That means you all as well. And me)

.45 Dave

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    Comments like this make me think people don't appreciate/understand the history prior to the UNSCOP (UN Special Committee on Palestine).

Israel was not "given" a nation. Yeah, the area was occupied....by Arabs and Jews. Palestine was under British authority, by UN mandate, NOT Arab. This isn't a case of taking sovereignty from one entity and handing it to another for the same piece of ground. Palestine had no sovereignty post Ottoman Empire. And the Brits got tired of the mess and shoved it all back to the UN. The UN vote was for/against a two-state partition of the area. (Kut, have you seen a map of the proposed boundaries?) When the UN membership approved the partition, the Jewish Agency accepted. The Arab Higher Committee did not. Skirmishes turned to civil war. Guess who lost? Guess who now has all of the land formerly known as Palestine because the other side adopted a "If we can't have it all, we won't have any of it (because the Jews kicked our ass)" approach?

Israel exists in its current configuration because people chose to make war on it and lost, not because she was "handed" a large chunk of land. Every square mile was paid for in blood.

Good point. It might also be good to point out that much of the blood was American. American Jews and sympathizers, many of which were US military or at least former military helped establish the nation of Israel. Today quite a few American families have close relatives living in Israel. Israel gained land because the other side lost--rather spectacularly (one might say miraculously) as I recall.
    Israel has not begun war simply to get more land but has been attacked off and on for decades. Israel has never stated that it wanted to wipe the Arabs off the face of the earth either. It is content to keep its country and many Arabs have pointed out that during times of peace (such as it has been) the Arab people who lived in their boundaries were treated well by Israel, even establishing good friendships with the Jews.
    My point is: If Israel is being threatened by extremists, given America's close ties to it both historically and personal, then it should be defended by us. Quite possibly America and Americans have closer ties to Israel and the Jewish people more than any other country or people on earth, including England.
    And Biblically there is a mandate for it, too. Promises were made by God and we should do all we can to help them for that reason to. Besides, does anyone really want to see Israel fall and all its weapons end up in the hands of people like Ahmadinejab?

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    The media conveniently forgets to mention how hamas operates.

http://youtu.be/kuN2oGdnwHI

Israel would prefer to fight an actual war but the arabs would lose. So they use these coward tactics.

You cant negotiate with hamas to even try is insane.

YoungGunLover

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Everyone on here has their arguments as to whether we should intervene and back Israel or not. For those of you who don't think we should intervene, what happens if the fighting gets pretty serious and Israel decides to break out nuclear weapons. Yes, I know, Israel doesn't "officially" have nuclear weapons, but it is strongly believed that they do. We all know that Israel is a strong force to be reckoned with. If Israel is considering nuclear attacks as an option, do we step in and tell them no, do we offer military aid to avoid them using nuclear weapons but help to achieve their goals, or do we just say have at it and let them start bombing away? Just curious what everyone thinks.

Bummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    West side of Indy
    What I would like to know is WHO is teaching all you people all those lies?
    Did you learn them in school (quite possible these days) or "on the streets" (so to speak)
    Open your eyes and your minds and learn & accept the truth.
    (pity)

KABOOM

Another Alanis Morissette branded irony meter explodes.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Here is my argument why we cant and it has nothing to do with religion.

We as a nation are broke, bankrupt, no money, nothing left. We simply cannot afford to anylonger. We need to worry about our own first.

I have zero problems with any religion, I dont care what it is. If all the Christians want to take up a giant collection plate and donate their own money to help Israel, sweet that is fantastic, but I would prefer us as a nation to opt out and save what little money we have to, I dont know pay down some debt.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This has been determined to be a "political correctness is the debil" board.

Some random thoughts on political correctness and relevant stuff….

Not wanting to be insulted is not necessarily covered by political correctness. Trying to find a reason to be insulted, however, is covered as long as the perceived insult is on the universal list of politically incorrect subjects.

You should call people "idiots" instead of "retards" because you might offend retarded people. Apparently idiots aren't a protected subject. A milder, yet sillier example from my liberal sister-in-law, you should say "correct" rather than "right" because you might offend left handed people.

The rules of political correctness are determined by the "in" people. It's not politically incorrect to insult Christianity because Christianity is not "in". It is politically incorrect to insult Islam because, just because. It used to be politically incorrect to insult Judaism but now that the Holocaust has worn from people's minds, it's no longer true.

I don't generally hurl insults at groups of people unless they **** me off. Sometimes I insult unintentionally, but when I do it intentionally, I don't first consult the universal PC list of forbidden subjects.

Generally I wouldn't call people's religion a superstition, but I reserve my 1st amendment right if they insist on imposing it on me. People of faith need to understand that people not of faith have no reason to believe that "it is written" is necessarily a good foreign policy. But that can always be said without the intended insult that is "superstition".

That said, I support Israel, not because "it is written", but because they're one of few friends in the Middle East. Also I understand that sometimes we have to say no to our friends. Now is not one of those "no" times.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Generally I wouldn't call people's religion a superstition, but I reserve my 1st amendment right if they insist on imposing it on me. People of faith need to understand that people not of faith have no reason to believe that "it is written" is necessarily a good foreign policy. But that can always be said without the intended insult that is "superstition".

And yet that's exactly the excuse Islam gets to use with impunity. ;)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Comments like this make me think people don't appreciate/understand the history prior to the UNSCOP (UN Special Committee on Palestine).

Israel was not "given" a nation. Yeah, the area was occupied....by Arabs and Jews. Palestine was under British authority, by UN mandate, NOT Arab. This isn't a case of taking sovereignty from one entity and handing it to another for the same piece of ground. Palestine had no sovereignty post Ottoman Empire. And the Brits got tired of the mess and shoved it all back to the UN. The UN vote was for/against a two-state partition of the area. (Kut, have you seen a map of the proposed boundaries?) When the UN membership approved the partition, the Jewish Agency accepted. The Arab Higher Committee did not. Skirmishes turned to civil war. Guess who lost? Guess who now has all of the land formerly known as Palestine because the other side adopted a "If we can't have it all, we won't have any of it (because the Jews kicked our ass)" approach?

Israel exists in its current configuration because people chose to make war on it and lost, not because she was "handed" a large chunk of land. Every square mile was paid for in blood.

I have another post to address, but the bolded part is incorrect. The "Mandate" preceeded the existence of the UN. Following WWI the British proposed a plan to carve up the Ottoman Empire, which included Palestine. The League of Nations (which may have been what you were thinking when you used "UN") accepted the plan. However, WWII proved the League powerless, and by 1945 it no longer existed, making all such "legislation" approved by them void.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I have another post to address, but the bolded part is incorrect. The "Mandate" preceeded the existence of the UN. Following WWI the British proposed a plan to carve up the Ottoman Empire, which included Palestine. The League of Nations (which may have been what you were thinking when you used "UN") accepted the plan. However, WWII proved the League powerless, and by 1945 it no longer existed, making all such "legislation" approved by them void.

Yes, LoN. :): I had UN on the brain from the UNSCOP. My bad.

The Mandate did not become void after the dissolution of the LoN. Else Britain would not have felt the need to take formal steps to end it. :dunno:

And how is it that you can know this and not know the course of events that led to Israel's statehood and geographic boundaries?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    This silly screed of yours is proof that what you call the "facts of the matter" are lies worthy of joseff goebbels or stalin. iran's "president" ahmanadezhad says the exact same kind of stupid ****.
    1) Nobody GAVE Israel it's nation (except God). The UN resolution was to establish 2/TWO states, a Jewish state AND an Arab state whose borders would have been tangled around each other according to who lived where (the only occupation was of JEWISH homes in Hebron where the arabs massacred the Jews and stole their homes). The Jews agreed to 1/2 a loaf and the arabs said "we don't need to compromise or coexist, we've got egypt, jordan,syria and lebanon to back us up; we'll kill all of you and take everything.

More than half, but you are correct, the UN Resolution, which was not a legally binding document was to establish two states, one Jewish, the other Arab. The Jews thought it was a great plan and immediately accepted the terms.

The terms being:
    The Jews would get 56% of the land, of which most was in the Negev Desert; their area would contain 498,000 Jews and 407,000 Arabs. The Palestinian Arabs would get 43% of the land, which had a population of 725,000 Arabs and 10,000 Jews.

The Arabs, Palestinians and Arab nations saw as exactly what it was, a land grab, and rejected the terms. And yes, they most certainly issued threats surrounding the idea.
    I imagine most people would issue threats when faced with the idea of being forcibly removed from lands they held for generations based on the idea from a group of persons who live a continent away.

2) The UN resolution was conditioned on mutual agreement and the arab attack nullified the whole deal. In the meantime the UN maintained it's embargo on arms sales to the combatants while the evacuating british gave all their police forts to the arabs--and even FOUGHT on their side in Jaffo when the irgun attacked arab forces shelling/sniping tel-aviv (kind of like today)--and all the neighboring armies invaded. A recent example would be what happened in Bosnia. Bottom line: with God's help (had to be, given the odds) JEWS defeated their would be killers and established Israel.

There was no "deal." The Arabs flatly rejected the idea.

Perhaps the British did fight with the would be Israelis, but I am not familiar with that (citation please). What I do know, is just before the end of the Second World War, the British kept in place the restrictions on Jewish immigration to the area, the results being a campain of Jewish terrorism against British governmental institutions in Palestine (spearheaded by the Irgun from 1931-48). Following the expiration of the Mandate, the Jews took the portion of the land allocated to them, AND 60% of the land supposed to be given to Arabs. From those lands supposedly to be for the Arabs, over 600,000 Arabs were expelled. Scores of British officers resigned their comissions, and sided with the Arabs (the vast majority with the Jordanians). This was required because the US was holding the Marshall Plan over the heads of the British.

3) "it is a fact that the Israeli state uses some of the same tactics that were used on them under nazi oppression against much of it's non jewish population.":n00b: WTF???!!! Arabs with or w/o Israeli citizenship have recourse to the judicial system (which leans left and is sympathetic to them); Israeli arabs can vote and hold political office--in spite of saying and doing things that are treason; Arabs from the PA routinely go to Israel for medical treatment; rather than herd them into concentration camps to be murdered with poison gas, the IDF drops leaflets and places robo-calls to gaza to warn civilians of impending air strikes; just because the IDF prevents Iran or turkish terrorists/IHH from docking ships full of munitions in gaza, liars claim that gaza is a "concentration camp" even though Israel allows shipments of food, medicine, and fuel, across the border--and of course there's no blockade on the egypt/gaza border, given all the iranian missiles they're firing.
    You Jew haters are so full of **** that you stink everytime you open your mouths!:draw:

Arabs have legal recourse under Israeli law. That is also a fact. Isrealis are hardly stupid, they would be universally condemned if it wasn't so. But the question is "how are these" laws applied? Arabs do come to Israel for medical treatment and a variety of other services, without a doubt. The question is why? It because Israel controls what goods and services go in and out of of the PA, and more often than not they withold services rather than give them out. Do you not remember the last time there was trouble in the area, and the Israelis literally "turned off the lights" on the entire population? Mass punishment of an entire group of people whether guilty or not? When Palestinians need services that are only offered in Israel, what must they endure? Look at any one of a dozen vids, on youtube, showing exactly what happens at these checkpoints. Sick children with their mothers are turned away, people needing chemotherapy being harassed, and man going to a funeral of a friend is turned away, people pullled out of an ambulance made to empty their bags in the sand and the IDF guys just laughing saying "we need to show them who' boss." Palestine isn't the Warsaw Ghetto, but it's not that far off. Isrealis are just as good at saying "Show me your papers," as the Gestopo, which as insanely ironic as it is, is apparently lost on the part of the IDF.

In 1918, before the Mandate, Jews were less than 10% of the population of Palestine, numbering 60,000. 90.2% were non-Jewish.

By 1949, the numbers had flipped, with Jews being 1,013,000 or 87%, and non-Jews 13%.

Jewish and Non-Jewish Population of Palestine-Israel, 1517-2004

Is one to believe that the Arabs who held these lands literally for centuries simply packed it up, after being asked nicely to leave by a bunch of Europeans who just happen to have the good fortune of being born Jewish?

The Romans displaced the Jews over a 1000 years ago. I'm not a real estate agent or anything, but ownership rights after a millenia seem to be a bit "iffy."

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Yes, LoN. :): I had UN on the brain from the UNSCOP. My bad.

The Mandate did not become void after the dissolution of the LoN. Else Britain would not have felt the need to take formal steps to end it. :dunno:

And how is it that you can know this and not know the course of events that led to Israel's statehood and geographic boundaries?

It was void, British went totally hands off. They basical took a step back, looked at the situation, and said "Sorry chap, you can sort this out yourselves." The British didn't care about the Mandate, they cared about empire, and Palestine which was a handful, and damaging it's relationship with the US wasn't worth it.

And I know its track to statehood, it borders (pre and post), population demographic, so on, and so on...... The Arabs went about the situation the wrong way due to be infuriated by the British not making good to the promises mad to them by TE Lawrence..... Lawrence of Arabia.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    Mmmmm-kay feel better after that rant do we?

Moving on :rolleyes:

Israel has defeated every single advasery since the beginning of time, and will continue to do so until the end, for those who are nay Sayers that's cool, I've got 4000 yeas of full filled profetic documentation proving the past as so and giving a pretty good glimps on the future. Its yet to be wrong and fairly specific on events happening right now.

Our Potus will be as laissez faire as possible on this situation, he will offer support at some point, but I see nothing further unless we can make a profit or political gain from it.

Huh?? Which prophetic propaganda did you re ad? Israel was long gone over two thousand seven hundred years ago, leaving only Judah as the only surving part of Israel. They then fell to the Assyrians two hundred years later. That nation of Israel is long gone.

What is here today is a modern nation of Israel comprised primarily people of Jewish faith, but by no means are they Israelites.

Top Bottom