• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GI JOE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I guess a good way to look at this situation is at least the Deputy didn't offer him a coke and a candy bar for oral sex.

Your on my level... That was funny as hell!
    I did speak with deputy chief Challis on this matter. I myself don't think a formal complaint should be filed. Yes he was a turd, all I want FOR HIM is to understand. That's it.

And to you all who took it in your own hands to find him online and write him something, thanks but NO thanks. This isn't high school, leave it to me to fight my own battles. I understand you are angry that this happened to a gun owner/carrier but it did not happen to YOU personally.
    Thanks for your attention in this matter

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    and anotherone gets away with it because another citizen was talked out of filing a formal complaint by a wordsmith politician.

i do agree in fighting your own battles and I didnt agree with people who contacted him directly, but sorry OP you're the one who posted his name publicly. what did you expect?? dont cry a river about it now because people are willing to stand up with you.

THEY ALREADY KNOW THE LAW IN MOST CASES PEOPLE!!! They choose to enforce their own take on it because they continue to get away with it as shown above by the OPs failure to follow through. SAD, TRUELY SAD, that people arent capable or willing to FULLY stand up for ALL of their rights, because they may "cause a scene" BOOO HOOO. When they start coming to get your guns, dont cry then. just remember who told you so!

THIS THREAD = FAIL

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Your on my level... That was funny as hell!
    I did speak with deputy chief Challis on this matter. I myself don't think a formal complaint should be filed. Yes he was a turd, all I want FOR HIM is to understand. That's it.

And to you all who took it in your own hands to find him online and write him something, thanks but NO thanks. This isn't high school, leave it to me to fight my own battles. I understand you are angry that this happened to a gun owner/carrier but it did not happen to YOU personally.
    Thanks for your attention in this matter

If you don't want people helping you and jumping to your defense, I recommend NOT posting your problems and problem-causers names online. And lighten up with the condescending attitude a little bit. Nothing at all would have happened if not for YOU instigating it. What that deputy tried to do to you was extremely serious, and merited a much harsher response than he got. But hey... it didn't happen to ME, so what the hell do I care?

Next time keep your problems to yourself and fight your own battles. This isn't high school, you know.

GI JOE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    No filthy politician influenced my thoughts in any way. Of course I was mad when I posted this thread. I guess I should have realized who I was posting it to (in now way is that a bad thing!) just didn't expect this kind of reaction is all. I when I spoke with his chief she assured me she will go over with him the hangun laws personally. Weather or not that was BS is beyond me. I never really wanted to "get him in trouble" just wanted him to know the law from his senior...

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    ... I myself don't think a formal complaint should be filed. Yes he was a turd, all I want FOR HIM is to understand. That's it.

:noway::noway::noway: WOW. So all you want is for HIM to understand?? That's it? JUST HIM!?

What about all of the others (LEOs and Sheeple) who don't understand the laws, or know OUR RIGHTS!? By you looking the other way it sends a message that this type of behavior will be tolerated and allows them a 'learning curve'. FAIL, FAIL, FAIL. I understand that this particular situation happened to YOU, but its OUR RIGHTS you should be standing up for. If everyone had this type of mentality then we better get used to reading more threads about negative interactions with LEOs while carrying. :nuts:

Demo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2010
    Stop open carrying then.

If you don't want people helping you and jumping to your defense, I recommend NOT posting your problems and problem-causers names online. And lighten up with the condescending attitude a little bit. Nothing at all would have happened if not for YOU instigating it. What that deputy tried to do to you was extremely serious, and merited a much harsher response than he got. But hey... it didn't happen to ME, so what the hell do I care?

Next time keep your problems to yourself and fight your own battles. This isn't high school, you know.

This ^ and I sincerly think you should stop open carrying. In your own words you've been nervous from the get-go.

Now Timmy has gotten his pass and will feel free to be a hard-on with the next OCer he comes across.

The more I think on it the more disgusted I am. You OCed, got jack booted, bent over like a good citizen, and now are trying to talk to us like we are adolescents? :nuts:

Guys like you are why we have victim only zones everywhere.

This thread is a epic failure. :noway:

pillsbury1983

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    GI if Chief Challis said she will talk to him she will make an attempt at it. If she can't directly talk to him then those below her will be ordered to do it. If you choose not to file with Internal Affairs I would still call Chief Challis and check to make sure the issue was resolved to your satisfaction.

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    Is it possible or likely the some LEOs consider a civilian carrying a threat to their authority more than to their safety? Just seems like it is a likely motivation for LEOs to be anti-carry..

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I'm waiting for the Cliffsnotes on it.

Cop harasses citizen engaged in no illegal activity

Instead of exercising his rights and behaving like a free citizen, citizen consents to be detained and having his property seized, for engaging in no illegal activity

IMPD shows up, realizes no law has been broken, returns citizen's property and goes on their way.

Instead of pursuing corrective action against bad cop, citizen instead chooses to take a course of no effective action.

Bad cop learns nothing but that he can harass and intimidate citizens for breaking no law, will do it again.

There ya go, Cliff's notes.

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN

Instead of exercising his rights and behaving like a free citizen, citizen consents to be detained and having his property seized, for engaging in no illegal activity

IMPD shows up, realizes no law has been broken, returns citizen's property and goes on their way.

Instead of pursuing corrective action against bad cop, citizen instead chooses to take a course of no effective action.

Bad cop learns nothing but that he can harass and intimidate citizens for breaking no law, will do it again.

Yeah, it's about time to close this one out!!:dunno:

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0

Which translates to: OP did what he thought was best...this ticked some folks off because he didn't handle it the way they feel they would have.

We are all individuals. With different thoughts, views and reactions. That doesn't mean we aren't on the same team.

My personal opinion is, given the OP's description of the events, that yes...the deputy screwed the pooch. As long as he is redirected...then something good comes from it. If he doesn't...then he won't be long for that career.

Hopefully everyone learns from their mistakes. :twocents:

Will it happen again?

magic-8-ball-who-knows-789037.png

Hopefully not.

Last edited:

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    Which translates to: OP did what he thought was best...this ticked some folks off because he didn't handle it the way they feel they would have.

We are all individuals. With different thoughts, views and reactions. That doesn't mean we aren't on the same team.

My personal opinion is, given the OP's description of the events, that yes...the deputy screwed the pooch. As long as he is redirected...then something good comes from it. If he doesn't...then he won't be long for that career.

Hopefully everyone learns from their mistakes. :twocents:

Yes, let's hope everyone learned a valuable lesson from this...:rolleyes:

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    The deputy is STILL trying to despute that INDIANA IS A CONCEAL STATE ONLY... WRONG, WRONG WRONG... this just happened to me so sorry if this is like a rant.

I don't think the Deputy learned a thing from the stop. Hopefully he has learned the law by now.

Top Bottom