• ...and so much more!
  • Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    161   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    MCSD

I happen to be a 10 year veteran of the MCSD. I have worked in several areas of the Dept. and was a Wagon Driver until a mutual mistake was made by myself and an IMPD officer. It cost me my position and 2 days pay and I heard that he got 2 days off also.

That being said; I know that a lot of people are not happy with the way things went with the merger but Sheriff Anderson has increased the amount of training that all Deputies in the Dept. are given

Most of the Deputies are very good and try very hard to do the right thing but I will admit that as some of the classes become younger people they tend to have bigger chips on their shoulders.

The biggest reason that I went to work for the Dept was because I wanted to work in the LEO field but do to a childhood accident I am legally blind in one eye. The only way I could have become an IMPD officer would have been to use the the American disabilities act and it was just not worth it.

I do not Flaunt the fact that I am a Deputy nor do I wish to give anyone a hard time. With this particular incident the only thing I might had done would have been Suggesting that he keep it covered so the SHEEPLE don't freak.

I don't care how anyone carries their firearm. To each their own but OC draws a lot of unnecessary attention and in the event of a bad situation you will become the first target. Most people buy a firearm and never even practice with it. What makes you think that they could draw and fire before they were shot.

These statements are just my opinion and I try very hard to not post about these subjects. This Deputy was wrong in his statements and actions and I do feel that you should file a complaint.:twocents:

Last edited:

navarre1095

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2010
    Meth Vernon
    My LEO buddies down here tell me that they know open carry is legal but you should expect to be hassled if you do. They get a lot of "man with a gun" complaints because it's they citizenry ("sheeple") that need to be educated. They would much rather that you didn't advertise.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I happen to be a 10 year veteran of the MCSD. I have worked in several areas of the Dept. and was a Wagon Driver until a mutual mistake was made by myself and an IMPD officer. It cost me my position and 2 days pay and I heard that he got 2 days off also.

That being said; I know that a lot of people are not happy with the way things went with the merger but Sheriff Anderson has increased the amount of training that all Deputies in the Dept. are given

Most of the Deputies are very good and try very hard to do the right thing but I will admit that as some of the classes become younger people they tend to have bigger chips on their shoulders.

The biggest reason that I went to work for the Dept was because I wanted to work in the LEO field but do to a childhood accident I am legally blind in one eye. The only way I could have become an IMPD officer would have been to use the the American disabilities act and it was just not worth it.

I do not Flaunt the fact that I am a Deputy nor do I wish to give anyone a hard time. With this particular incident the only thing I might had done would have been Suggesting that he keep it covered so the SHEEPLE don't freak.

I don't care how anyone carries their firearm. To each their own but OC draws a lot of unnecessary attention and in the event of a bad situation you will become the first target. Most people buy a firearm and never even practice with it. What makes you think that they could draw and fire before they were shot.

These statements are just my opinion and I try very hard to not post about these subjects. This Deputy was wrong in his statements and actions and I do feel that you should file a complaint.:twocents:

I dont care if the UNEDUCATED SHEEPLE or LEOs FREAK. I simply dont care. It's my Constitutional right. No ones gonna tell me to cover it and not get an earfull from me. depending on their answer will depend on whether I call their boss to complain. If your an LEO, enforce the DAMN LAW!!! Dont interject your worthless :twocents: & opinions. If you wanna do that then go be a judge!! They seem to be doing a great job at ruling opinion rather than constitution. get it got it good! because ill make sure you get it if you dont already. Im not laying down and getting boned or letting my fellow Americans get boned anymore due to worthless opinions. and i dont care how high up you are, or what title you have.

You Sir need to re-think your Un-Constitutional opinion or find a new line of work if your still an LEO. Or people like me are gonna fill your file with unwanted complaints everytime you open your mouth and state your opinion while hiding behind your badge. and you'll be a traffic cop FOREVER. I dont care if your an 80 year veteran of the sheriffs dept. it doesnt mean you did anything right because you've been there longer than a rookie that does do it right. Enforce the law as its written, not as you wish it was written so the sheeple can enjoy their mocha latte's in peace.

Last edited:

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    (snip)...With this particular incident the only thing I might had done would have been Suggesting that he keep it covered so the SHEEPLE don't freak.

:ugh: Let the sheeple live in their caves.

I don't care how anyone carries their firearm. To each their own but OC draws a lot of unnecessary attention and in the event of a bad situation you will become the first target. Most people buy a firearm and never eevn practice with it. What makes you think that they could draw and fire before they were shot.

I can and will accept that responsibility. :patriot:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    My LEO buddies down here tell me that they know open carry is legal but you should expect to be hassled if you do. They get a lot of "man with a gun" complaints because it's they citizenry ("sheeple") that need to be educated. They would much rather that you didn't advertise.

MORE BS!!! they would'nt be my buddies anymore if I knew they were willling to break the law and harrass law abiding citizens. how would they like internal affairs up their asses??

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN

Your statement should have been, "My LEO buddies down here tell me that they know open carry is legal." There should be no need for a "but", and your LEO buddies should be more proactive telling/educating those sheep about the Indiana carry laws.

Not having people "advertise", as you so eloquently put it, just means more members of the general public become sheep following the rest of the flock. :noway:

While I choose not to open carry, I do spread the truth about the 2A and Indiana carry laws as much as possible.

Last edited:

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN

1. Ummmm. That would be called HARASSMENT.

2. How did you want us to educate them (the sheeple)?

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    161   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    What is your deal?

Hey Ranger, I guess you didn't notice the word MIGHT in the statement you picked to flame on.

As I stated I could care less how anyone carries their firearm.

I do my job very well and will never be a Traffic cop as you put it. I do not have an UN-CONSTITUYIONAL attitude just a since of self-preservation.

If we ever met sir, you would never know that I am a Deputy unless I happen to be in uniform. I do not advertise my choice of employment unless the situation dictates that I do.

I open carry biggest part of the time but under certain circunstances it is just more wise to cover it up Constitutional right or not.

I educate people daily to the fact that they do not have a Concealed carry but a License to carry a Handgun. I am a firm believer in the right to keep and bear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have heard through others that you are supposed to be a really good guy but with your attitude here I am finding that a very hard thing to believe.

Sir, You have a very nice day.

Last edited:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Hey Ranger, I guess you didn't notice the word MIGHT in the statement you picked to flame on.

As I stated I could care less how anyone carries their firearm.

I open carry biggest part of the time but under certain circunstances it is just more wise to cover it up Constitutional right or not.

MIGHT Sir, isnt good enough. you earned the flame, take it like a man. I WILL NOT INFRENGE YOUR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS: is what im looking for.

Now your gonna turn this into an OC vs. CC debate?? not the point.
    i agree that sometimes it is more wise to cover it up. like to places where my constitutional rights have been infrindged (court house, state house, airport, ......... the list goes on and on)

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    Well when someone says "they could care less how someone carries their firearm" and in the same breath makes statements about why OC is not good...well, that just doesn't make sense.

But, yes please no OC vs CC

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    161   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    I have noticed

I have watched his post for a long time and have been told by others that he is really a very nice guy but it seems that he picks a few sentences to flame about.

I am not trying to turn this thread ot post into anything.

The Deputy in question made a mistake and I posted a few responses to several of the posts that have been made in this thread.

If you knew anything about me at all you would know that I am one that will always take full credit for my mistakes and have no problem admitting when I am wrong.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    As you believe that Frank was worse, then what do you know about Jack?

I have considerable knowledge of his tenure.

Jack hired me and I worked for him until Frank took office. I can tell you that while Jack was Sheriff the department was very well run. The deputies had well maintained equipment and were left alone to do their jobs. The only people who had something to fear were those who chose to play the political game. When Frank took office no one was safe whether they wanted to play politics or not. The morale of the department was cut to shreds after Frank took office and there was a noticeable deterioration of the quality of service the citizens received as a result. I largely blame the deputies themselves as the majority of the department had decided that Jack was a monster and a new regime would be much better.

Frank loved to say that there was no place for politics in public safety during his campaign. That turned out to be a load of BS. He also swore that he would not support a consolidation of the departments without a public referendum which showed that the citizens were in favor of it. He decided to abandon that campaign promise as well as soon as they told him he could be in charge.

Jack had his issues but as far as his responsibilities as Sheriff he did a far and away better job than Frank.

sjstill

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    I'm honestly starting to believe that Ranger's mom was scared by a cop when he was in utero, and that's why he like to cop-bash.

Just sayin' :D

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN

Actually, this is what you stated. The bolded statements must have been good things then?

I never said that OC was not good.

I said:" I MIGHT have suggested that he cover it."

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I never said that OC was not good.

I said:" I MIGHT have suggested that he cover it."

i probly flamed too hard on you man. im sorry. but on this issue, its so dear to my heart that I cant back down to people that wish to infrindge on it. I know some LEOs think they are just being a "buddy" and trying to help, when they suggest to us that we "cover it up" but to some of us, we take it as offenssive. To me its like asking a American Christian Woman to cover her face in your muslim country. shes not a muslim and doesnt have to obey your opinions but you wish to force opinions on her anyways.

might be a bad analogy but maybe you understand me alittle more now. I am a nice guy (i think) but please dont take the politics section as a personal attack, its more attacks on ideas and opinions. and trust me, I get flamed a lot, :):, but i have also changed my mind on some issues due to the discussions here. so overall I think its good.

Top Bottom