• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1 old 0311

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Carmel
    I'm not sure how much clearer to be, but I have heard from them. :)

Also, more of the mayor's comments:
    Two issues in front of Carmel city planners

As I said it is not up to what the Carmel "KING" prefers it is up to the board to give it a go ahead. He has an opinion, and a few of the board members will ALWAYS follow his lead, but there are 9 people there and 5-6 are NOT in Brainard's pocket. That is where the right attorney will come in.

indyharleyguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Carmel
    As I said it is not up to what the Carmel "KING" prefers it is up to the board to give it a go ahead. He has an opinion, and a few of the board members will ALWAYS follow his lead, but there are 9 people there and 5-6 are NOT in Brainard's pocket. That is where the right attorney will come in.
    I have emailed the Planning commission showing my support. Everybody else can also. If you send an e-mail to Lisa at lmotz@carmel.in.gov she makes sure all the planning commission will receive your e-mail. Some have replied back already showing their support. One even said he was looking into building a gun range in Carmel but has stopped since Point Blank started their process.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I can understand the fear of having a firearm range/store where they want to locate it. I remember not too long ago when the Dairy Queen burned down. If they burn the Dairy Queen down again, it could spark over to the gun store and the fire fighters would have to worry about exploding ammo.

jaeisber

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2013
    Westfield
    The 151st St. store is considered Carmel. I was in a Zoning meeting once and a board member asked the attorney if he was the one who represented the WalMart store. Attorney replied yes. Board member said that they, the Board, gets complaints every week. The board voted AGAINST the other side allowing us to win.

The Walmart on 151st is not Carmel. That is and always has been Westfield. The area on Westfield bordering 146th near 31 was given Carmel addresses many years ago due to the significant growth in the Westfield area. The Westfield post office could not keep up with the amount of mail, thus some areas were moved to the Carmel post office for mail handling only. However, Westfield maintains zoning there and all property north of 146th regardless of the address.

1 old 0311

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Carmel
    The Walmart on 151st is not Carmel. That is and always has been Westfield. The area on Westfield bordering 146th near 31 was given Carmel addresses many years ago due to the significant growth in the Westfield area. The Westfield post office could not keep up with the amount of mail, thus some areas were moved to the Carmel post office for mail handling only. However, Westfield maintains zoning there and all property north of 146th regardless of the address.

You have Google?

jaeisber

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2013
    Westfield
    You have Google?

I do, and I've also lived in Westfield the majority of my life. I lived in the southside of westfield when we still had westfield addresses and I lived through the time where our addresses were transitioned to Carmel (46032) addresses due to the westfield post office not being able to keep up with demand. I also lived through a time where Carmel tried to annex the southern portion of Westfield in to Carmel, but that failed. I currently still live on the southside of westfield, just north of 146th street and still have a Carmel address. However, I am in the westfield township, kids will go to Westfield schools, and all utilities/taxes/zoning is handled and managed through westfield.

1 old 0311

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Carmel
    I do, and I've also lived in Westfield the majority of my life. I lived in the southside of westfield when we still had westfield addresses and I lived through the time where our addresses were transitioned to Carmel (46032) addresses due to the westfield post office not being able to keep up with demand. I also lived through a time where Carmel tried to annex the southern portion of Westfield in to Carmel, but that failed. I currently still live on the southside of westfield, just north of 146th street and still have a Carmel address. However, I am in the westfield township, kids will go to Westfield schools, and all utilities/taxes/zoning is handled and managed through westfield.

That's great BUT Google says there IS a store in Carmel.

indyharleyguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Carmel

Yes I understand technically it's Westfield but I think we're getting off the main issue here. The main issue is it's not far from the proposed site of the gun shop/range. Lets make sure we get as many signatures as possible to show support for the gun range. Please tell as many people as possible to sign it to show support. Thanks

1 old 0311

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Carmel
    And the internet is never wrong! Yes, it says Carmel, because that is what is in the address...but it is not located in Carmel. It has a Carmel address but is actually in Westfield.

So Google, and the Post Office are wrong but some new gun on a gun site is right? I stand humbly corrected.:):):):)

indyharleyguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Carmel
    I mistakenly said Walmart Carmel store when it really is in Westfield. Lets not get distracted by that. The real issue is to get as many people as possible to sign the petition at www.change.org and to spread the word to everybody you know. The more support we can show the better it will be to convince the Planning commission three is a lot of support for this to go in. As I stated before you can also send an e-mail to Lisa at lmotz@carmel.in.gov and she will make sure to pass your e-mail to all the people on the commission. Thanks

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    This is a very odd turn to the conversation.

Indeed, what post office handles a certain street has absolutely nothing to do with the actual municipality that controls the street. Federal v. local authority. On the west side of Carmel, we had a Westfield address until a couple years ago. Google apparently tracks the post office.

If you want real verification, call either the Westfield or Carmel planning. They will confirm that 146th St. is the boundary (mostly - the apartment complex at 146th and Spring Mill is a Carmel). Or, if you are somewhat internet savvy, go to the Hamilton County GIS site and enable the layer that shows planning and zoning. It will show you which entity controls zoning for which side of 146th St.

(Spoiler: Westfield controls north of 146th St.)

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I see you are new to INGO. I'd like to welcome you and advise to mind the Raptor Pack. It is very cranky.

Thanks for riding herd on this zoning issue, T.Lex.
    LMAO

KF - I guess you're right. I just haven't been around much lately and forgot how things can go off on a tangent. :D

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    So Google, and the Post Office are wrong but some new gun on a gun site is right? I stand humbly corrected.:):):):)

Just to finish this tangent:

You are quite dense. The P.O. address says Carmel because it's handled by the Carmel P.O. It's IN Westfield. Westfield was complaining a few years ago about payments from the area with Carmel addresses that the state was supposed to remit to Westfield was going to Carmel. Lot at a damn plat map if you don't believe anyone.

(Now, looking above, Lex beat me to it.)

jackofspades

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2013
    Fishers/Noblesville
    In theory I would think the fact that it doesn't need a zoning change should help things...as that means just one less hoop to jump through. However, I would not hold my breath, and will believe it when I'm inside the range firing.

Top Bottom