• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indyharleyguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Carmel
    As I said about 150 posts ago the way things are run in Carmel are NOT what they are in Indy or the rest of America. Having lived here 20+ years I am amazed that the State Police hasn't taken most of the local gov away. The 20+ roundabouts we have cost a average of $800,000 each and TRIPLED the accident rates at every one. Carmel also had to buy ALL NEW firetrucks because the old ones couldn't navigate the turns. The Paladium? $120,000,000+ project that was NOT paid for, bonds had to be sold.

Been by 96th and Keystone? That project we were told it "WAS ALL PAID FOR." Turns out nothing was further from the truth that's why it has been on hold for over a year. The way things work here is EXACTLY like things are run in Chicago, I was born there. Carmel is NOT a city. It is a Kingdom run by a King and his Court.

To get this going you need the RIGHT attorney doing the 'right stuff' to get things through. Your opinion, my opinion, or the other 200+ signers don't count. This will be done like ALL things are done in Carmel.

As a side note 1 old 0311 i wanted to clarify a few things for you from your post awhile back. Not sure where you came up with your information about Tripled the accident rate that is totally incorrect. I have talked to many sources and the real fact is the accident rate has decreased and the seriousness of the accidents has decreased dramatically. I have also confirmed that Carmel did NOT have to buy all new fire trucks to get around the roundabouts. Every single truck can navigate the roundabouts just fine with the older trucks. I have lived in Carmel for 33 years and my tax rates are still very very low compared to other communities. Now The Paladium is still a wait and see as yes everybody knows they have some issues that are being looked into and I'm sure the facts will come out soon.

1 old 0311

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Carmel
    As a side note 1 old 0311 i wanted to clarify a few things for you from your post awhile back. Not sure where you came up with your information about Tripled the accident rate that is totally incorrect. I have talked to many sources and the real fact is the accident rate has decreased and the seriousness of the accidents has decreased dramatically. I have also confirmed that Carmel did NOT have to buy all new fire trucks to get around the roundabouts. Every single truck can navigate the roundabouts just fine with the older trucks. I have lived in Carmel for 33 years and my tax rates are still very very low compared to other communities. Now The Paladium is still a wait and see as yes everybody knows they have some issues that are being looked into and I'm sure the facts will come out soon.

The accident rate is a matter of public record. The rear steering trucks were NOT needed/purchased till the roundabout game.

NumberCruncher

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Hamilton Co
    I've lived in Carmel for most of my 45 years and the fact of the matter is no matter how the city is/was/will be run, there will be those who hate the progress/changes being made.

Personally, I'm a HUGE fan of the roundabouts. Frankly, they prove how inefficient traditional stop signs are, or even stop lights. Doesn't it feel stupid to be sitting at a stoplight when there is no cross traffic in sight??

I'm also a fan of the Paladium and most people I've met that are not fans, haven't ever set foot inside it. Go for a show and you may change your mind. It's the best kept secret in Central Indiana.

And a +1 to HarleyGuy, contrary to popular belief property taxes in Carmel are close to the lowest in Central IN.

All we need to make it perfect is a gun range!!! :rockwoot::ar15:

1 old 0311

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Carmel
    I am finished with this thread. Point Blank has a few of our numbers and I also gave her this site info. I better quit before I hurt the feelings of one of the 'cool lunch table kids,' they cry to a Mod, and I get ANOTHER 'your being mean to the chosen few' point. Enjoy!

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    #ragequit :)

I also know for a fact that the rear-steering firetruck was not because of roundabouts. :) I think it may have had more to do with the Palladium, but that's a different issue.

Getting back to the petition - let's make sure we keep bringing it up to people. Other issues have taken center stage, but I think that just means the pump is getting primed for this as we get closer to the hearing.

Again, if you plan on attending, please +1 in this thread (if I haven't already talked to you).

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Yeah, not completely clear why the delay. It seems like the staff that are reviewing the proposal are examining all aspects of the design to make sure it conforms.

I would like to think that every project gets this kind of scrutiny. ;)

Because there is so much attention on this, I think the people just want to make sure that if there's a problem, they can say that they looked at it and the project met the standards.

We shall see.

Also - those of you who signed the petition should have gotten an email from me yesterday. I used the change.org email blast service to update everyone. But, it didn't send me the actual email (even though I signed it), so I'm not sure it went out.

Thanks!
    T

indyharleyguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Carmel
    Yeah, not completely clear why the delay. It seems like the staff that are reviewing the proposal are examining all aspects of the design to make sure it conforms.

I would like to think that every project gets this kind of scrutiny. ;)

Because there is so much attention on this, I think the people just want to make sure that if there's a problem, they can say that they looked at it and the project met the standards.

We shall see.

Also - those of you who signed the petition should have gotten an email from me yesterday. I used the change.org email blast service to update everyone. But, it didn't send me the actual email (even though I signed it), so I'm not sure it went out.

Thanks!
    T
    Yep I got the e-mail from ya.

Purdue Plinker

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 7, 2013
    Indy
    Let's hope it works out. I like a lot of access for a safe location to shoot. Not sure why residents think responsible people who go to ranges are a problem, besides misconceptions.

1 old 0311

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Carmel
    There was a article about this in todays Current, Carmel news rag. Some people from Cincy wrote letters to the Carmel board asking them to NOT approve the range. They stated they could hear the shooting AT THE CINCY INDOOR RANGE from 3/4 mile away and the shooting started early in the morning till late at night.

jaeisber

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2013
    Westfield
    There was a article about this in todays Current, Carmel news rag. Some people from Cincy wrote letters to the Carmel board asking them to NOT approve the range. They stated they could hear the shooting AT THE CINCY INDOOR RANGE from 3/4 mile away and the shooting started early in the morning till late at night.

Somehow I find this VERY hard to believe. People just trying to stir up some crap or someone that has something against the owner of the Cincy shop.

1 old 0311

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Carmel
    Somehow I find this VERY hard to believe. People just trying to stir up some crap or someone that has something against the owner of the Cincy shop.

Exactly. Anti Second Amendment people. I been shooting 40+ years and have NEVER seen a indoor range open before 10 and stay open later than 8-9. Also even a 30+ year old range like Dons you can't hear the gunshots, well the ones in the range anyway, sorry Ben, from the parking lot let alone 3/4 mile away.

Why would people in Cincy bother with letter writing? The ONLY answer is anti's trying to stop EVERYONE from shooting.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom