• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrBBQ

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Somehow I find this VERY hard to believe. People just trying to stir up some crap or someone that has something against the owner of the Cincy shop.

I agree either they really dislike that business or they were solicited by certain individuals in Carmel to voice their issues to help sway the public against the range or to throw enough doubt on the current design to tie it up in planing for months and months and months over noise ordinance issues, etc.

jaeisber

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2013
    Westfield
    I agree either they really dislike that business or they were solicited by certain individuals in Carmel to voice their issues to help sway the public against the range or to throw enough doubt on the current design to tie it up in planing for months and months and months over noise ordinance issues, etc.

My guess is he was solicited to stall things...similar to the way ACLU does business. Find something that they can cause a stir about, then find someone to say they dont like it and sue...

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    As a side note 1 old 0311 i wanted to clarify a few things for you from your post awhile back. Not sure where you came up with your information about Tripled the accident rate that is totally incorrect. I have talked to many sources and the real fact is the accident rate has decreased and the seriousness of the accidents has decreased dramatically. I have also confirmed that Carmel did NOT have to buy all new fire trucks to get around the roundabouts. Every single truck can navigate the roundabouts just fine with the older trucks. I have lived in Carmel for 33 years and my tax rates are still very very low compared to other communities. Now The Paladium is still a wait and see as yes everybody knows they have some issues that are being looked into and I'm sure the facts will come out soon.

He said tripled? lol

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Ok folks, here's an update.

I have been in touch with representatives of Point Blank. I will set out the facts as I understand them to be.

First, the gun range project will proceed, only in a new location. It will be proposed for some undeveloped property [STRIKE]on the SE "corner" of the roundabout at Old Meridian and Pennsylvania[/STRIKE] EDIT: on the N side of City Center Dr. E of Pennsylvania. Across from CNO campus, basically.

Second, the reason for the switch is that, because of some issues that came up during the planning process, the Rangeline site would be cost prohibitive. So, as a business decision, a new location was selected.

Third, it does not appear that the mayor will oppose the new location.

So, the current application will be withdrawn and a new one filed by the end of the month. It is expected to be on the November Plan Commission meeting.

In my opinion, we need to continue to be involved in this.

Thanks for your support.
    T

Last edited:

jaeisber

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2013
    Westfield

I have been in touch with representatives of Point Blank. I will set out the facts as I understand them to be.

First, the gun range project will proceed, only in a new location. It will be proposed for some undeveloped property on the SE "corner" of the roundabout at Old Meridian and Pennsylvania.

Second, the reason for the switch is that, because of some issues that came up during the planning process, the Rangeline site would be cost prohibitive. So, as a business decision, a new location was selected.

So, the current application will be withdrawn and a new one filed by the end of the month. It is expected to be on the November Plan Commission meeting.

Thanks for your support.
    T

Well, thats a bit further from me, but still much closer than any other range at this point...anxiously awaiting the opening of this and the westfield range!

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel

First, the gun range project will proceed, only in a new location. It will be proposed for some undeveloped property on the SE "corner" of the roundabout at Old Meridian and Pennsylvania.

Thanks for your support.
    T

Is that the vacant area a block or two from the Meijer store?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Yeah, that's got to be it. The Current described it as "a parcel of vacant land" SE of the roundabout and N of City Center Dr.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Just got some clarification. It will actually be on City Center, E of Penn./W of Hancock, next to an office building and across from the CNO campus.

RichardBD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I doubt I could find it with all the insane "round-dee-bouts" between my house and Carmel. Last time I tried to get to the Carmel Gazeebo to see a friend's band play, I ended up in Tipton or Sheridan. There was a DQ there so all was not wasted...LOL

clelaj

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indy - North
    Update from Tom Perkins on the Carmel gun shop:

:Ok folks, here's an update.
    I have been in touch with representatives of Point Blank. I will set out the
    facts as I understand them to be.

First, the gun range project will proceed, only in a new location. It will be
    proposed for some undeveloped property on the SE "corner" of the roundabout at
    Old Meridian and Pennsylvania.
    Second, the reason for the switch is that, because of some issues that came
    up during the planning process, the Rangeline site would be cost prohibitive.
    So, as a business decision, a new location was selected.
    So, the current application will be withdrawn and a new one filed by the end
    of the month. It is expected to be on the November Plan Commission meeting.
    In my opinion, we need to continue to be involved in this."

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    And Carmel stops the sale of the Rangeline land again. It has been "sold" about 10 times now, but Carmel ends up stopping the sale.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Update from Tom Perkins on the Carmel gun shop:

:Ok folks, here's an update.
    I have been in touch with representatives of Point Blank. I will set out the
    facts as I understand them to be.

First, the gun range project will proceed, only in a new location. It will be
    proposed for some undeveloped property on the SE "corner" of the roundabout at
    Old Meridian and Pennsylvania.
    Second, the reason for the switch is that, because of some issues that came
    up during the planning process, the Rangeline site would be cost prohibitive.
    So, as a business decision, a new location was selected.
    So, the current application will be withdrawn and a new one filed by the end
    of the month. It is expected to be on the November Plan Commission meeting.
    In my opinion, we need to continue to be involved in this."

Man, that guy needs to get his facts straight - the location is actually on the North side of City Center, East of Pennsylvania. :) ;)

But, he appears to be a very good writer.... :D

BTW, 328 signatures! Let's keep letting people know this is not a done deal yet. The mayor may change his mind again and oppose it. I drove by the site today and... well... it may be unusual to have a gun range among those buildings. So, if someone else goes to the mayor and opposes it, who knows what will happen.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I believe this is the lot that it will be on.

http://goo.gl/maps/Uw5bH

Interestingly, Carmel Middle School is now about the same distance away as CHS was from the originally proposed site.

Just an observation. :)

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom