• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Why is it that we as a people are so worried about what everyone else is doing? Why is it my concern how others hold their guns when shooting? Were all the broomhandle mauser guys gangster thugs as well?

What concern is if of mine that a lady named her child Krimson Tyde? With everyone worried about what everyone else is doing, it's no wonder HOA's and the like are thriving in this country.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Why is it that we as a people are so worried about what everyone else is doing? Why is it my concern how others hold their guns when shooting? Were all the broomhandle mauser guys gangster thugs as well?

What concern is if of mine that a lady named her child Krimson Tyde? With everyone worried about what everyone else is doing, it's no wonder HOA's and the like are thriving in this country.

I don't know. If people didn't take notice of what other people were doing, the art of making fire might have been lost thousands of years ago. Sometimes people do things that we want to emulate, sometimes they do things we want to learn from their mistakes, and sometimes we just want to have a little fun at their expense.

If I weren't interested in what other people were doing, that had interests in guns, I probably wouldn't be frequenting this web site.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    OP's very first intro post was to announce that he was trying to get 50 posts so he could sell his rifle and buy something different. He said he was "tired of being made fun of by gun snobs" for the type of rifle he had. I think he suddenly saw in himself that which he despises in others and it freaked him out.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I don't know. If people didn't take notice of what other people were doing, the art of making fire might have been lost thousands of years ago. Sometimes people do things that we want to emulate, sometimes they do things we want to learn from their mistakes, and sometimes we just want to have a little fun at their expense.

If I weren't interested in what other people were doing, that had interests in guns, I probably wouldn't be frequenting this web site.
    ...and sometimes people just gotta ***** about something. ;)

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    OP's very first intro post was to announce that he was trying to get 50 posts so he could sell his rifle and buy something different. He said he was "tired of being made fun of by gun snobs" for the type of rifle he had. I think he suddenly saw in himself that which he despises in others and it freaked him out.

Maybe, not sure if he was really that introspective.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I'd like to point out that this person did thank you all for a warm welcome, not even 19 hours ago. It's only proper you give him a warm send-off.

At this rate the warmth will be from our torch/pitchfork party. :):

I for one wish him well on Armslist cuz with a blowup like that, I dont think he'll make it to 50... :laugh: On a related note, I think we can use him as a poster child for the 50 post rule. What is it they say? So we can get a feel for who we are dealing with? Yep. We got a REEAL good feel for him. :):

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I can't imagine being so insecure in yourself that you would sell a gun that you like just because other people don't like it. I've taken some crap for this rifle simply because it's red, but I built it myself and it's a tack driver and I couldn't care less if a fellow shooter at the range sneers at it. I don't shoot for their enjoyment, I shoot for mine. If that means shooting a red rifle or holding my pistol sideways, I'm gonna do it.

Top Bottom