• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Rhino can essplain it better from an anatomical stand point...

But "half homie", as the good folks at Adaptive Consulting and Training call it, is an "inward" cant of your pistol when shooting one-handed.

Perhaps 45*, but probably not quite that extreme.

for those of you who don't do any one-handed shooting... You should.

And for those of you who do - don't continue to force your hand/wrist into vertical. (Simple test: Close your eyes and point at a "target" with just your empty hand. Just a generic point - not like you're imagining holding a gun. Open your eyes and look at the physical orientation of your hand. I can almost guarantee that it's not vertical. Your thumb will generally rotate towards your centerline quite a bit.) Might as well hold your handgun in this same "natural" orientation rather than fight it to stay vertical...

-J-
    Huh. Gangstas have been tacticool all along. Who knew?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Just curious... not counting the intentional jerkwads, whats the the fastest ban here for antisocial behavior? At only 19 posts is this one of the fastest?

e3173db872cd96d34c5b28801d28d02ca3e3f7d55639f95875fda616f2c78ca7.jpg

Last edited:

cook5oh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Rhino can essplain it better from an anatomical stand point...

But "half homie", as the good folks at Adaptive Consulting and Training call it, is an "inward" cant of your pistol when shooting one-handed.

Perhaps 45*, but probably not quite that extreme.

for those of you who don't do any one-handed shooting... You should.

And for those of you who do - don't continue to force your hand/wrist into vertical. (Simple test: Close your eyes and point at a "target" with just your empty hand. Just a generic point - not like you're imagining holding a gun. Open your eyes and look at the physical orientation of your hand. I can almost guarantee that it's not vertical. Your thumb will generally rotate towards your centerline quite a bit.) Might as well hold your handgun in this same "natural" orientation rather than fight it to stay vertical...

-J-

Ok. I was taught that same concept at firearms instructor school. just never heard it called like that. It does work. And now I shall plagiarize this term and use if for my self. :shady:

Roscoe38

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Went to the range recently and notice a pack of douche bags shooting there guns side way like they were gangster rappers. Guy in charge of the range didn't seem to mind. There should be a rule against such douchebaggery. MHO

Ian

In fact, in your opinion these individuals may be "douche bags", But....the Israeli army teaches the horizontal first shot as they carry with Nothing in the chamber. So on the draw the gun is canted to the off hand side as this is the best and safest way to rack the slide. Not reaching across the body.

I am a cross dominate shooter so I naturally cant the weapon to my left to get the sight picture I need. If that makes me a Douchbag, so be it. Just Don't Ass-ume that people on this forum will listen to your panty waiste gripes.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Just curious... not counting the intentional jerkwads, whats the the fastest ban here for antisocial behavior? At only 19 posts is this one of the fastest?

He didn't appreciate getting an infraction for name-calling so he committed suicide by mod.

cook5oh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Southern Indiana

I'm sure 19 isn't the lowest number. I've seen a few select people on here go down in flames within only a few posts.

There should probably be an end of the year award for the winner.

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    While at an outdoor range, my son and I decided to try the "gangsta" style of shooting for the heck of it. We were safe, laughed it off afterwards and continued shooting properly. Not saying these guys were just experimenting like we were, but it may have been just that. They could have also been little thugs that needed slapped.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    In fact, in your opinion these individuals may be "douche bags", But....the Israeli army teaches the horizontal first shot as they carry with Nothing in the chamber. So on the draw the gun is canted to the off hand side as this is the best and safest way to rack the slide. Not reaching across the body.

I am a cross dominate shooter so I naturally cant the weapon to my left to get the sight picture I need. If that makes me a Douchbag, so be it. Just Don't Ass-ume that people on this forum will listen to your panty waiste gripes.

Citation needed.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Haha thats great! Thats when people at the range start slowly moving away from you....

Yeah, it was like two years before I realized they could be reloaded. I thought I had to just buy a new gun each time. It seemed like a really expensive hobby.

Top Bottom