• Status
    Please reply by conversation.

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    I would offer that you then call him, and get the story. He did not answer my call. I am not advocating mob anything and I was speculating and contemplating legal if needed, make sure you read the word if.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield

Missed that, thanks.:ingo: The logic of my entire post hinged on something that I now realized is incorrect. WOW the irony...my post to prevent undue escalation based on possible misunderstanding of the situation was in fact itself based on bad information due to my being an idiot. My apologies.

Last edited:

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    At 1539 I received a call from Darren at Ameriqual and he stated Mike called him and stated he will call Darren tomorrow to have his credit card ran tomorrow for the order.

If I understand correctly: according to Darren at Ameriqual, Mike (aka LongBow) called Darren today. The purpose of this call was to inform Darren that credit card information would be provided tomorrow.

Is this correct?

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    If I understand correctly: according to Darren at Ameriqual, Mike (aka LongBow) returned Darren's call from today. The purpose of this call was to inform Darren that credit card information would be provided tomorrow.

Is this correct?

I corrected the above to reflect what I was told. So it now reads correctly.

Last edited:

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I realize that this might not be the time for the following statement, but here it goes anyhow...

I am assuming that the product will be purchased and then the supply chain will be started. This is my first GB and I have obviously not been on the board very long anyhow. I did not do much background into the 'supply chain' and now I wonder what the possibility of getting said items closer to me is. I am willing to travel what I need to because I already purchased the items, but is there a way that we can put feelers out for different areas?

I am in Grant County. I would like to know who, if any, are close to me. We could make a trip more worthwhile if someone is pitching in, or especially if someone is closer to the hub and willing to meet.

Since I paid for these items I have bought and received two cases of MREs from an ebay store. I am just getting started in my cache and this isn't all ending. It has taken too long, but maybe (just maybe) there is a viable reason behind it. This can be hashed out later... right now everyone needs to collect what they paid for.

So with that being said...

I am in Grant County. I am in the Muncie area a lot. I travel I-69 easily. Anyone close to these areas in this GB? I can distribute to all of Grant to make it easier. Small county I know, but it's a start.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    the kitchen
    This is not how I wanted to spend my time!

Its too bad it took all of this to make that happen.

I look forward to hearing the news directly from the manufacturer that this payment has indeed been made and the order is being processed.
    Another promise of placing the order in a days time (today) holds as much water as the word of original payment and the subsequent string-along. Intentions of making this right would have had that credit card payment in-hand right along with the phone call yesterday. More string-along?

CSAWS, Will you be following up again with Ameriqual today to see if CC payment was indeed made?

I will also follow up with an e-mail to Ameriqual and request that I get direct news on the payment that is to be made today.

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    dudley0, I will gladly assist in getting your goods to you. Once the delivery network gets started we can hash out those details as neccessary.

csaws, do you expect to receive notification today after LongBow makes the payment?

All, has anybody spoken with LongBow directly regarding his plans to complete this GB?

Edit: Looks like Vlad the Impaler and I had the same thought at the same time.

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    I presume that if the payment is indeed made today that I will get a phone call or some form of correspondence that it was done.

I tried yesterday to call Longbow with no answer, it went to voicemail. As far as I am concerned unless Ameriqual says it must be picked up by Mike (Longbow) then he can be done as soon as payment is made and we can arrange to have someone else pick it up and the delivery network can be initiated from their place at that point.

Hopefully Mike would pass along the delivery network he setup last year so we aren't reinventing the wheel and we can just expand on it if needed. I know there were some holes last year but that seemed to be because of the willing delivery drivers rather than Longbows problem.

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    I will submit that if needed we can deliver/distribute straight from my garage, I am in Martinsville. I would hope at this point Longbow has the network setup if not I am willing to work on it myself as long as I have a city that everyone is from I can do it pretty easy I would think.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    the kitchen
    csaws, I will yeild on follow-up with Ameriqual if you get news and post up.

Wayyy back when this started my truck was FUBAR from a wreck, but it's back and now I can participate in distribution. I'm on the far east side of Indianapolis, near Cumberland/New Pal.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    And to think I almost participated in this GB. I'll just toss this in, Longbow requested a -1 BK shirt, and took awhile to contact me via PM about completing the transaction. He then suggested we meet in person, and that's the last I have heard from him too. This was over two weeks ago. I don't know what's going on with him, but for him to leave everyone in the dark, especially since there is a LOT of money in this GB, indicates only one thing. He is in over his head in something. Just to remain in contact with the board members would go a long way, but to stay completely disconnected says volumes.

Longbow, you have dug yourself a nice hole. I hope you have a ladder.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Please address the specific concerns that have been raised in this thread. There are a lot of unanswered questions regarding this group buy. I understand that the last few weeks have been hard on you, but the participants in this event deserve more than two sentences' explanation and a request to "relax".

For the record, please also see this thread:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/group_buys/111811-announcement.html

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    funny_jesus_9.gif

Thanks alot.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    I've just started to read some of the above posts.

All I'm going to say is some I understand and others I don't.

I have thick skin and will be happy to conclude this group buy!

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    And just the other day I was thinking that soon I would have the $$$ to get in on a group buy or two if I wanted to..........................

Thanks....... (not directed on any one person)

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    I've just started to read some of the above posts.

All I'm going to say is some I understand and others I don't.

I have thick skin and will be happy to conclude this group buy!
    You need to put your thick skin on and step out and look in. It's cold in here.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom