• Status
    Please reply by conversation.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    If your are not on the main list please don't contact me yet. I'm getting flooded right now. I'll send out group mailings as packs free up. I've got a lot of payments and packs spoken for on my spreadsheet that I haven't updated onto the OP yet.
    Thanks

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    I read the whole first page, and skimmed the rest, and believe I'm way too late for this, but just to get it posted somewhere.

IndianaResident
    2 x Assault packs
    2 x med/sml polartech overalls

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I read the whole first page, and skimmed the rest, and believe I'm way too late for this, but just to get it posted somewhere.

IndianaResident
    2 x Assault packs
    2 x med/sml polartech overalls

Nutshell: Name on the first list on the 1st post, you need to follow the instructions on the first post.

Name on the second list, maybe get yours if enough names on the first list turn red to add you to the first list from the second list.

Name not on either list, click on the "Shop INGO" button and place your order there.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    By my count, we have an even gross (144 for the numericly challenged) vouched for and another 28 claimed, but not vouched or paid for on the first list for 200-250 packs, so it's looking really good for those on the second list to be able to get some marpat goodness. But, there are 106 minimum on that second list, so not everyone's gonna go away ecstatic.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    EDIT TO ADD: Open pickup at my home is this Sat. 12-22-12 from 10AM to 5 PM. Payment ftf, or packs that have already been paid for are the only ones that leave the property. If you don't already have my address, PM me. I will not answer phone calls but if you txt me I can get you directions also. Txt "GB pu, need directions, INGO (insert INGO name here)" to tree juan seven ate for seven, juan fife tree nine. (Take that Google robots)

Rikkrack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Montgomery Co
    So I am on the second list? Does that mean I get a few? I have not heard directly and not sure if I need to PM for address or wait until I am told I am one o the lucky ones. Sorry first participation in a group buy.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    So I am on the second list? Does that mean I get a few? I have not heard directly and not sure if I need to PM for address or wait until I am told I am one o the lucky ones. Sorry first participation in a group buy.

Don't apologize, this is not a typical group buy for a LOT of reasons.
    --It is mostly used surplus items so exact condition will not be known until Friday evening.
    --Exact number of items purchased isn't even 100% known.
    --This is also kind of a hybrid group buy and some stuff for sale sorta thing.

In a typical GB people can say up front whether they will go in on it or not because they know exactly what they are getting and what it will cost if enough people get in on it.

For those reasons and others I'm putting extra measures in place to insure I'm not taking money for packs that are "Not as advertised" or already spoken for. I've learned a lot about how to do these and the next one will be MUCH more smooth. One of those measures is to only offer up a portion of the packs in kind of a pre-sale event. Once I get them in hand I'll be able to KNOW how far down the list I can start offering them.

Saturdays pickups will help me navigate my own home once again by getting some of the bulk out. Sunday I'll not be available for pickups but I should be able to have a handle on the inventory. I'll start a second phase of the GB where I'll know how far down the list to start offering them up, what shipping is going to cost for those folks, and offer up any better or needs repair bags.

I'll welcome ANY advice, input, or suggestions regarding how to do this better next time. Please, I'm all ears.

Rikkrack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Montgomery Co
    Thanks doc. That helps. Been watching and waiting. Hoping my number is called. Wife is hoping it isn't. It helps. Been trying to rep for setting this up and communicating to us all with transparently throughout the process. But won't let me yet.

A post review of it all with the good, bad, lessons learned, and way to improve for anyone else who wants to bid on surplus then have group buy would be fantastic. Some people posted after living through Sandy and was vary informative for what to do, what not to do, and what could have been better.

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I can't make it Saturday due to a family thing in Muncie. I will be disappointed if you need to pass over me, but I'll understand since you want the things gone from your place. If there's another time, then I'll do my best to be there.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    Nobody coming down south? I'm disappointed! I will not be able to get up that way till next week at the earliest and possibly not till after New Years due to work. Any assistance getting them closer south would be greatly appreciated!

Relatively Ninja

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Nobody coming down south? I'm disappointed! I will not be able to get up that way till next week at the earliest and possibly not till after New Years due to work. Any assistance getting them closer south would be greatly appreciated!

If I make the cut from the alternate list I'll be able to bring them down to the Bloomington area. How far south are you?

Status
    Please reply by conversation.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom